Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

Not sure what you mean by that? I know its not TSSAA sanctioned but I thought the school did give it the go a head so that when it becomes TSSAA sanctioned as it probably will in the next 5 to 6 years it will be easier to support?

I have heard that the school plans on adding all the sports it can they are still getting the tennis teams both boys and girls going. I haven't heard if they have enough participation for a girls soccer team this fall? The next sport that will be added I suspect in the next couple of years is wrestling as for several years now they have been co-opting with Whitwell.

I don't think it's school-sponsored or supported the way basketball and football are, but will be if and when it becomes a TSSAA sport. Insurance was part of the hold-up. We can talk more about it in the lacrosse forum, I had not even noticed it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw your newest edition of Chattanooga area rankings at us MVM, thats enough lacrosse for me. HaHa /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm waiting for Thursday's games to be played...

Chattanooga Christian vs Sweetwater

Cleveland vs Soddy Daisy

Notre Dame vs Hixson

Ooltewah vs McMinn Co.

Tyner Academy vs Boyd Buchanan

There's some interesting match-ups to be played. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

From what I've been told, Tyner vs. Boyd will not happen. Tyner no longer has a soccer team.

I would not be surprised, they were down to 10 players a week ago. What the real shame is Tyner school is less than 5 minutes away from the Redoubt soccer complex that run over 700 kids through their program every season. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You would think they could find at least 13 or 14 players that have played soccer sometime in their life???

I would not be surprised, they were down to 10 players a week ago. What the real shame is Tyner school is less than 5 minutes away from the Redoubt soccer complex that run over 700 kids through their program every season. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You would think they could find at least 13 or 14 players that have played soccer sometime in their life???

Similar thing I have always thought strange regarding East Ridge Girls Soccer program, being fairly weak, yet Camp Jordan/East Ridge programs are very strong !

D

At Redoubt, are there Tyner kids playing or are they from all over that area of town, Ooltewah, East Brainerd, mall area? East Ridge's whole girls' sports program is going downhill. Volleyball is still up there but it isn't what it used to be. They forfeited a district tournament girls basketball game and in softball have been shut out by valley teams that have passed them by.