Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

Easily the weakest Baylor team in recent memory but still brought their "A" game Friday evening. Full stands, lots of school spirit from both, good coaching, good playing - typical McCallie Baylor soccer game.

You are right....typical Baylor McCallie game. As always full of spirit, alot of color.....just a great show as always. But I would only say Baylor is weak because of being young I suppose. Baylor lost a "ton of seniors" last year and has struggled somewhat this year. But they have played with alot of heart and have continued to improve. Considering the strong senior class that McCallie has....I thought Baylor played them extremely well with the 1-0 loss and had their chances. I hope that they get to play again in the playoffs. Just another great game in this series.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right....typical Baylor McCallie game. As always full of spirit, alot of color.....just a great show as always. But I would only say Baylor is weak because of being young I suppose. Baylor lost a "ton of seniors" last year and has struggled somewhat this year. But they have played with alot of heart and have continued to improve. Considering the strong senior class that McCallie has....I thought Baylor played them extremely well with the 1-0 loss and had their chances. I hope that they get to play again in the playoffs. Just another great game in this series.

Jon, I don't think Baylor weak!..Only young. And still they are not a push over for any foe. They are a good year or two away from competing for DII state championships again.

Jon, I don't think Baylor weak!..Only young. And still they are not a push over for any foe. They are a good year or two away from competing for DII state championships again.

McCallie starts 5 seniors, 3 or 4 freshmen depending on line up, 2 10th graders and 1 jr. Never more than 5 seniors ever start. I think McCallie is very excited about this year based on all the young guys but looking a head looks very good for the big Blue.

I thought Baylor was a good team. They are far from being counted out. If I was playing them in Post season and only one team was advancing I would be nervous because they could spoil your plans.

Weak only relative to prior years. Very competitive versus most local teams. They're also inconsistent which has something to do with a new but very good coach learning his players.

McCallie beat CCS 1-0 so they can trade places. Heard it was a fantastic game.

Heard CCS' goalie may have been hurt and had to be subbed. No info there but I hope he's okay.

No information about the goal, my guess is sometime in the second half. Probably real unexpected, not something that anyone saw coming.

Me? No. You'd think I go to a game like that. I just don't have the gall for it right now.

(funny joke. got my gall bladder out on thursday.)

(laugh)

McCallie beat CCS 1-0 so they can trade places. Heard it was a fantastic game.

Heard CCS' goalie may have been hurt and had to be subbed. No info there but I hope he's okay.

No information about the goal, my guess is sometime in the second half. Probably real unexpected, not something that anyone saw coming.

Me? No. You'd think I go to a game like that. I just don't have the gall for it right now.

(funny joke. got my gall bladder out on thursday.)

(laugh)

Mcallie sent a great ball by wheeler into the box and Hicks headed the ball into the net. It appeared the goalie was injuried attempting to make a save. He left the game and did not return. Speedy recovery to him and good luck to CCS in the Post season

I have seen McCallie play a couple of times this year, and McCallie's Hicks is a tremendous young player. I don't remember seeing him last year. He may be a freshman or a sophomore. They also have another young player named Rocha and I think he may be a freshman. With these two excellent young players, McCallie should fare well in the next few years. Likewise, CCS has a couple of tremendous sophomores as well. Both teams should do well in the post season.

MVM,

I am the mom of the kid who got a yellow card in the last five minutes.

Here is the quote that earned him the card

Play was getting out of hand, his teammates were getting angry and EVERYONE was yelling curse words, but he said.

"COME ON GUYS CALM DOWN CALM DOWN!! THE REF IS NOT GOING TO TAKE BACK THE CALL HE HAS ALREADY MADE! HE IS GOING TO CALL THE GAME THAT HE WANTS TO CALL!"

he doesnt curse because his beliefs are against that.

the ref gave him the yellow, and my son said "I was talking to my teammates, they need to calm down." The ref replied "You were talking about me."

Sounds like he got his feelings or ego hurt..

Keep in mind that in the last ten minutes, about 3-7 calls went against hixson, and the middle ref did not call three calls that his assistants signaled. (He waved them off and said "no sir, thats fair play.")

What do you think about this game MVM? I thought both teams hustled, but i think Hixson let the refs determine the results of that game.

1-1 tie.