Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

As we go into week 5 this is how I've got it for the southeast area.

1. Cleveland- Took care of Dalton Ga. quite nicely this week.

2. CCS- Just keeps on winning

3. Boyd- Big draws this past week with Baylor and McCallie

4. McCallie-Lost to the Ga. powerhouse Westminster and tied Boyd

5. Notre Dame-This team is a real head scatcher...They tie Catholic, then tie East Ridge. Not sure what's going on over there?

6. Baylor- They may be inexperienced this year, But they continue to improve each week.

7. Hixson-They seem to have it going this year with their only loss coming to the hands of Sweetwater.

8. McMinn Co.- What a tough early schedule, and never count out Bobby Earls.

9. Soddy Daisy-Tough loss to Hixson, but I think they will peak at the right time

10. Ooltewah- Young team, Good coach, equals a showdown with SD for the district.

The Raiders on top is a good pick. This is the year for them. If CCS comes again I predict Cleveland will get them by at least 3 or 4.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland deserves top bill but then it has to be mccallie on strength of schelude. They played their worst game of the year against Boyd and that yeilded a tie. McCallie is suffering with a host of injuries but most are short lived and when it matters they should be 11 strong. CCS has wins but looking at their schedule it is much weaker. Racking up wins against some of those teams is good but far from great. They play Notre Dame tonight so that should provide some ranking information for the Chattanooga area. Notre Dame should not be over looked and frankly will be a surprise I am sure when it matters. Baylor is Baylor and they dont lay down for anybody I am sure they will fight to the finish. I understand Baylor has a few injuries to contend with. McCallie plays Dalton tonight with a limited squad but considering Cleveland beat Dalton 2-0, the Dalton game should at least rate McCallie and Cleveland a bit. Certainly not a head to head. Really all this is just good message board banter since many of the teams in the ranking dont play each other nor fall in so many different divisions. ccs does not play clevland nor baylor, mccallie does not play cleveland, baylor does not play notre dame to mention a few non head to head games. Boyd has without question played well to gain a tie on mccallie and baylor but again looking at the schelude it certainly is not as strong as clevland, baylor, mccallie.

As we go into week 5 this is how I've got it for the southeast area.

1. Cleveland- Took care of Dalton Ga. quite nicely this week.

2. CCS- Just keeps on winning

3. Boyd- Big draws this past week with Baylor and McCallie

4. McCallie-Lost to the Ga. powerhouse Westminster and tied Boyd

5. Notre Dame-This team is a real head scatcher...They tie Catholic, then tie East Ridge. Not sure what's going on over there?

6. Baylor- They may be inexperienced this year, But they continue to improve each week.

7. Hixson-They seem to have it going this year with their only loss coming to the hands of Sweetwater.

8. McMinn Co.- What a tough early schedule, and never count out Bobby Earls.

9. Soddy Daisy-Tough loss to Hixson, but I think they will peak at the right time

10. Ooltewah- Young team, Good coach, equals a showdown with SD for the district.

The Raiders on top is a good pick. This is the year for them. If CCS comes again I predict Cleveland will get them by at least 3 or 4.

Tphill, Why would you post something like that? When you know they do not or will not meet again this season.

I know and you know, that Cleveland has a real chance of going the distance this year. So my advice would be, to be gracious with your posts toward other teams. Post like the Champions your team hopes to be this year.

Because their fans root for Cristiano...

Heard your boys have been rocking lately. Keep it up!

I went to practice today, they look good. Defense is def. the strength of the team, they got some fast, strong kids back there. You can tell this team is a year older from last year.

Just got back from CCS and Notre Dame game in which CCS won 3 to 0 and it wasn't that close. CCS is for real and they are well organized and fast up front. Notre Dame nay have had two shots, maybe. CCS is undefeated at 8-0 but they still have games against McCallie and Cookeville which should be pretty good. They also have a district game with Hixson which only has one loss but I don't think anyone is going to beat them in the district. I think CCS and Boyd Buchanan are on a collision course for the Region Final.

I heard Boyd had a goal taken away from them in the game against McCallie. Anyone know what for?

And Spike, I can see your point about strength of schedule with McCallie and Boyd, but they played head to head, schedule don't matter...

I think you are speaking about a shot that hit the top cross bar and went straight down right at the goal line. There was a line judge at the end line and the ref was close as well. Boyd wanted a goal, "which I dont blame them" but the call was a no goal. if that is what you are speaking to. yes the game was a tie and Boyd deserves tons of credit. Dont have a clue if Boyd played well or not because I have never seen them play. However I do know McCallie and the team was flat as flat can be and missing 3 starters. McCallie certainly did not play well enough to win and frankly you could say we were lucky to tie. Credit to Boyd. Doesnt really matter who is hurt, if a team is flat, the weather or the refs because at the end of the game there are no tag backs; it is what it is and goes on the record.

I think you are speaking about a shot that hit the top cross bar and went straight down right at the goal line. There was a line judge at the end line and the ref was close as well. Boyd wanted a goal, "which I dont blame them" but the call was a no goal. if that is what you are speaking to. yes the game was a tie and Boyd deserves tons of credit. Dont have a clue if Boyd played well or not because I have never seen them play. However I do know McCallie and the team was flat as flat can be and missing 3 starters. McCallie certainly did not play well enough to win and frankly you could say we were lucky to tie. Credit to Boyd. Doesnt really matter who is hurt, if a team is flat, the weather or the refs because at the end of the game there are no tag backs; it is what it is and goes on the record.

I believe that was the goal, or supposedly goal. Those are always the close ones. And as players, we always think its in. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As we go into week 6 this is how I've got it for the southeast area.

1. Cleveland- Big game with district foe McMinn co.this week and Region foe Red Bank.

2. CCS- Big district win over ND this week, With Hixson coming up this week.

3. Boyd- Gets to take Monday thru Thursday off, with games against Silverdale and Tyner. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" But play CSAS on Friday.

4. McCallie-Big game this week against Knox Webb.

5. Baylor- Big draw against Riverdale, Cookeville will be their challenge this week.

6. McMinn Co.- One word for this week...."CLEVELAND"

7. Hixson- Coming off a tough loss to East Ridge, but needs to prepare for CCS.

8. Soddy Daisy-one word "Ooltewah"

9. Ooltewah- The word "Soddy Daisy"

10. Notre Dame- I have their next game on the 21st? Spring Break maybe?

I did want to throw some props out to East Ridge and Sweetwater both teams are continuing to improve.