District 13A vs. District 14A in Regional Tourney

volfan007

Manassas is the underdog...that's funny. Humboldt and Manassas will probably be the two teams to make it to the state in W. TN in single A.

If Big Sandy gets by Trenton, and that's a big if, although not as big since Trenton lost Simpson; then Lake Co. will put it on them. It wont be close.

On the Big Sandy note, and this is if we get by trenton. I am in no way saying that we WILL beat LC, but stranger things have happened, bigger upsets have been made. Until about mid third quarter last year Big Sandy played LC a good game, we fell off our game for a second and when we did it was over, but if we can go in with the intensity we should we can play LC a marginally close game, and on the right night we have the ability to win. ANYTHING can happen. Im just going to cross my fingers and hope for the"perfect storm" lol, thats what it will take. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And can anyone verify the Dresden vs LC score? thats an awful close game to a team we beat on a very bad night.

Really can't judge by another score...Lake Co is the only Single A team to play Humboldt close..And the win against Dreden..I see Big Sandy won by 1 point and that was back in Jan...Dresded has 2 starters that weren't playing back then..They were a lot better team at the end of the year..But if Lake Co plays with he intensity they did against Humboldt..Lake Co should be ok! Lake Co also won at Huntingdon by about 16 points in a game I didn't think they played well at all..I see Big Sandy split with Huntingdon !

Same story for us on that Huntingdon game, it was embarrasing really, i think we had 5 or 6 points in the first quarter? We didnt come ready to play at all, we also let them get away with stalling the ball the ENTIRE game. But it seems in both cases that you cant really judge on previous games, thinking about LC is too distant at the moment anyway, we have to get by Peabody first.

Same story for us on that Huntingdon game, it was embarrasing really, i think we had 5 or 6 points in the first quarter? We didnt come ready to play at all, we also let them get away with stalling the ball the ENTIRE game. But it seems in both cases that you cant really judge on previous games, thinking about LC is too distant at the moment anyway, we have to get by Peabody first.

You're right..Start thinking ahead and we both may be sitting home..I remember a few seasons ago..Union City was beaten in the tournament and Lake Co thought they had it made..only to go out and lose to Trenton,a team they'd beaten twice by 20 points,on a last second lay up.!

I don't have Manassas as the Underdog, and I haven't said that Humboldt will win it all. Do we have a chance? Yes! We have as good of a chance of winning it as Manassas does. Right now, I have Manassas and Humboldt about even. Humboldt does make turnovers, but what team doesn't? DO NOT say that your high and mighty Tigers don't turn the ball over because West Tennessee style basketball forces teams to turn the ball over. In other words, Legend you should be worried about getting out of your region right now and take it one game at a time like us Humboldt fans are. Good luck to Manassas and Humboldt throughout their Region Tournaments.

WHATEVER ALL SEASON YALL BEEN SAYING HB WILL WIN STATE!!! THIS IS THE BEST TEAM IN 20 YEARS!!! MANASSAS WILL NOT BEAT HB!!! TAYLOR SAYING HB WILL WIN STATE!!! REGGIE bUCKNER NOT GOOD!!!

NOW YALL EATING THAT HUMBLE PIE SINCE EVERYBODY NO HB IS REALLY TURNBOLDT!!!

DONT BACK DOWN NOW!!!

I wasn't trying to start anything...

Yes, I did say Humboldt would beat Manassas and I still strongly believe it! All of these players for Humboldt, except for the Freshman and Sophomores, have state tournament experience. If I remember correctly, Joe Northington nor Shaq Walker have any state tournament experience under their belt. However, Reggie B. does! I think it'll make for a great game honestly.

THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU NO ABOUT MANASSAS!!! LOL!!

YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!!

I'll say this.... The only players that may have PLAYED in the state tournament on this years Manassas team is Reggie and Walker....

Manassas has 5 players on this team who played in the state tourney last year. Manassas was just in the Boro last year so who got the experience.

HB has had at least 10 seniors to leave since they where in the boro!!! so who wins in that category

Manassas has 5 players on this team who played in the state tourney last year. Manassas was just in the Boro last year so who got the experience.

HB has had at least 10 seniors to leave since they where in the boro!!! so who wins in that category

Didn't know we were having a contest about experience.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

This years Seniors for Humboldt were Sophomores when they lost to Temple in the semi's of the state tournaments. That'd also make the Juniors on this years Humboldt team Freshman when they made it to semi's of the state tournaments.

The only reason those boys got to play last year is because they beat up on Jackson Co. in the first round of the state tournaments. There was nothing to be nervous about then... I bet money that those 5 players didn't play against Union City, excluding Buckner from that list.