District 13A vs. District 14A in Regional Tourney

volfan007

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middleton is ahead of Manassas at half by 2...

Manassas and Middleton tied at 39 with under 4 minutes left to play...

It's been a crazy night.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Union City.........14........14.........7........9 = 44

Humboldt..........13........15.........14......14 = 56

After Humboldt converted a dunk off an inbounds by Jarvis Porter extended the Vikings lead to 9 at 44-35 Union City went on a 7-0 run to cut it to 44-42 with only 3:24 remaining but that was as close as it would get....Humboldt took their first double-digit at 1:05 remaining at 52-42 and outscored the Tornadoes 12-2 to end the game...

Ryne Simpson led the Tornadoes with 23 points followed by 12 from BJ Marshall....Tevin Crayton led the Vikings with 19 points...

Congrats to the Vikings...The two best teams from our district did advance and will represent 14A very well...UC gave it all they could give..This team and program is a top notch program...Tradition doesn't graduate..Alot of people across the state would love to win 20 games and be 1 game from a sub-state appearance...

Good Luck to Humboldt and Lake County as they move on and try to advance to Murfreesboro and bring another Gold Ball to 14A.....

Union City.........14........14.........7........9 = 44

Humboldt..........13........15.........14......14 = 56

After Humboldt converted a dunk off an inbounds by Jarvis Porter extended the Vikings lead to 9 at 44-35 Union City went on a 7-0 run to cut it to 44-42 with only 3:24 remaining but that was as close as it would get....Humboldt took their first double-digit at 1:05 remaining at 52-42 and outscored the Tornadoes 12-2 to end the game...

Ryne Simpson led the Tornadoes with 23 points followed by 12 from BJ Marshall....Tevin Crayton led the Vikings with 19 points...

Congrats to the Vikings...The two best teams from our district did advance and will represent 14A very well...UC gave it all they could give..This team and program is a top notch program...Tradition doesn't graduate..Alot of people across the state would love to win 20 games and be 1 game from a sub-state appearance...

Good Luck to Humboldt and Lake County as they move on and try to advance to Murfreesboro and bring another Gold Ball to 14A.....

I knew Union City was going to bring it tonight...The defending state champs didn't go easily and they gave Humboldt everything they wanted for 4 quarters...

Boy, that would be something if Middleton beats Manassas...A Middleton-Scotts Hill matchup for the Region 8A Championship is probably the last thing anyone expected..

I knew Union City was going to bring it tonight...The defending state champs didn't go easily and they gave Humboldt everything they wanted for 4 quarters...

Boy, that would be something if Middleton beats Manassas...A Middleton-Scotts Hill matchup for the Region 8A Championship is probably the last thing anyone expected..

Manassas won 49-45

What's the word on Charles red?

Lake Co. wore Big Sandy out. Big Sandy boys can shoot threes though. But, the score could have been worse. Whenever Lake Co. got a big lead, then they would not play as intense, and they'd goof off at the offensive end...shooting threes from way out....trying to make spectacular passes, etc.

Bigster, good to see ya again.

Humboldt...congrats on the win. I figured that UC would give yall a game in a do or die situation, and they did. But, the Vikings held on.

GCPioneer, Scotts Hill is vastly improved this year. They have a couple of hosses on the team. One of them is a 6'4" athlete named Rocky. They say he's really a gifted athlete. He was their QB on the football team. But, I'd imagine that Manassas will win by at least 15 in the championship game. But, after the way Middleton nearly beat them....you never know....now, Manassas doesnt seem that invincible.

The UC & HBT game was a good one!Just a great atmosphere to play in...although UC fans did tick me off..telling our boys that they s***...not classy.UC is a great program and i have nothing but respect for the tornadoes great season.See y'all football season! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Humboldt will have another toughy against LC...for the 4th time!I guess we'll find out what we're made of.

GO VIKINGS!

Lake Co. wore Big Sandy out. Big Sandy boys can shoot threes though. But, the score could have been worse. Whenever Lake Co. got a big lead, then they would not play as intense, and they'd goof off at the offensive end...shooting threes from way out....trying to make spectacular passes, etc.

Bigster, good to see ya again.

Humboldt...congrats on the win. I figured that UC would give yall a game in a do or die situation, and they did. But, the Vikings held on.

GCPioneer, Scotts Hill is vastly improved this year. They have a couple of hosses on the team. One of them is a 6'4" athlete named Rocky. They say he's really a gifted athlete. He was their QB on the football team. But, I'd imagine that Manassas will win by at least 15 in the championship game. But, after the way Middleton nearly beat them....you never know....now, Manassas doesnt seem that invincible.

Congrats to Lake Co. they played a great game. I think BS did a pretty good defencive job on avery when he was down in the post. What killed us was the speed of the guards. It looked like we did not have a very good game plan. For the last half of the season we played really good team ball allways making the extra pass, did not happen tonight . This is the way we started the season. Don't think we even tried to get the ball into the post.which is what i had heard we were going to do.First one with the ball across halfcourt shot the ball, not the way to win against a team as good as LC. Should be a good game against humbolt. UC really gave it everything they had. Humbolt is just to big for most teams.

Congrats to Lake Co. they played a great game. I think BS did a pretty good defencive job on avery when he was down in the post. What killed us was the speed of the guards. It looked like we did not have a very good game plan. For the last half of the season we played really good team ball allways making the extra pass, did not happen tonight . This is the way we started the season. Don't think we even tried to get the ball into the post.which is what i had heard we were going to do.First one with the ball across halfcourt shot the ball, not the way to win against a team as good as LC. Should be a good game against humbolt. UC really gave it everything they had. Humbolt is just to big for most teams.

That's life in 14A.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The UC & HBT game was a good one!Just a great atmosphere to play in...although UC fans did tick me off..telling our boys that they s***...not classy.UC is a great program and i have nothing but respect for the tornadoes great season.See y'all football season! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Humboldt will have another toughy against LC...for the 4th time!I guess we'll find out what we're made of.

GO VIKINGS!

Seems kind of silly to have to beat a team four times to get to state doesn't it???...And could have to beat them five times....