The Best Basketball teams comes out of Memphis?

MTiger

because of the level of competition not every really good team in memphis makes it to state, if all the teams that were good enough to be there were there then it would be domination

Put the 2 memphis regions -vs- other regions and we will have 4 teams from Memphis every year!!! lol!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 of 27 champions in 37%, good batting average; not domination in basketball. 7 of 10 from Ridgeway or White Station, more a domination of 2 schools than city.

But this Percentage includes Single a. There isn't alot of single a schools in memphis. So i would just base this on 2a and 3a ball. Trust me those percentages will go through the roof.

Look at the brackets the way that they are set up two Memphis teams are almost guaranteed to play in Murph. The substate is made up of two Memphis regions, so there will be two Memphis teams in the tourney every year. All of the other city play at different city, only Memphis gets the two automatic bids. So you could say Memphis only gets two spots, or Memphis always gets two spots.

One of the memphis regions includes all but Henry county west of the TN river. I would think that large a portion of the state would deserve at least two spots. Regions 7 and 8 are WEST TN. Most of the larger schools are from Memphis. Your argument is feeds itself to the wolves. Do we need to go to a different system. NO! This way I don't have to go to the state finals I can see the same game in district, or region, or sub-state and save hotel and gas money...

But this Percentage includes Single a. There isn't alot of single a schools in memphis. So i would just base this on 2a and 3a ball. Trust me those percentages will go through the roof.

There are not as many AAA schools everywhere else, no dice. If you want to talk about AAA dominance that is another story, but look at the demograhics there are alot more AAA schools in memphis than everywhere else so of course they will have a better showing. Everyone keeps coming with the could of, would of, should of... it is a tournament sport you control your fate.

i wish the substate level was played across the state rather than region to region so region 1 would play region 5 or 8 and so forth that way we would eliminate some of the riff raff and the best teams would make it to state im tired of teams making it to state and getting 30 boned make it the best of the best

In East TN, school, morals, and these teenagers going out with their girlfriend or playing Wii are more important than basketball or any sports for that matter. Not saying one way of thinking is better than another, just pointing out the differences.

Stokomo

What gives you the obviously biased opinion that athletes in Memphis don't value school, have morals, go out with their girlfriend or play video games. I don't think East Tennessee thinks a bit different from Memphis.

You would have people to think that Memphis fields such strong teams because the players are ignorant, immoral, out committing crimes, and only think about basketball??? Shame on you for needing such a weak excuse for your argument!

I'm from the Hills of East TN, and the numbers you jost posted are a little skewed. Yes only 17 teams out of 54 have played on Saturday, but the way the TSSAA has the seedings and sectionals, there can only and always be two from each Sectional. On any given year, Memphis could have anywhere from 2 to all 8 in the elite 8 playing in Murfreesboro each year. If the seedings were more like the NCAA Final 64, where you send teams from the same conference to different areas, then Memphis could clean sweep some brackets. Let's face it, basketball is a top priority in Memphis. In East TN, school, morals, and these teenagers going out with their girlfriend or playing Wii are more important than basketball or any sports for that matter. Not saying one way of thinking is better than another, just pointing out the differences. GOD Bless!!!!!

You are sure not from Maryville! My East Tennessee basketball players take it very seriously!

i wish the substate level was played across the state rather than region to region so region 1 would play region 5 or 8 and so forth that way we would eliminate some of the riff raff and the best teams would make it to state im tired of teams making it to state and getting 30 boned make it the best of the best

haha good point

• 2 weeks later...

Stokomo

What gives you the obviously biased opinion that athletes in Memphis don't value school, have morals, go out with their girlfriend or play video games. I don't think East Tennessee thinks a bit different from Memphis.

You would have people to think that Memphis fields such strong teams because the players are ignorant, immoral, out committing crimes, and only think about basketball??? Shame on you for needing such a weak excuse for your argument!

Jumpshot... I never need a weak excuse to get my point across. Don't assume! Because I never said what YOU are trying to take out of my post. If you took the time to read other posts that I have stated about Memphis, you would know that I have witnessed from both sides year in and out that Inner City Memphis does put more of an emphasis on Basketball than East TN. Why do you think it is a hotbed for the sport and many recruiting officials go there on a weekly basis? I have also stated that Memphis has 24 hour courts in the summers, something that East TN doesn't. Everyone has the same chance to rise above their circumstances and I would never give a kid an outlet that easy to claim ignorance or immorality. I'm a stats and facts guy, so you can do the math on the crime part of your rebuttal. I will say this though......take a survey of high school kids and ask them what they do on the weekends, and I will almost guarantee you that the higher percentage of kids in Memphis will say they play basketball vs. kids from the Eastern Hills. There are no wrongs or rights in this situation. Just pointing out differences.....as stated in my previous point. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are sure not from Maryville! My East Tennessee basketball players take it very seriously!

Yes Rebel....you guys do take it seriously, and congrats on your recent success. But when you have a 24 court like Memphis does in different areas of Maryville, let me know and I will change my stance. When I coached AAU, I made it a point to take my team at 3am to these courts and show them the seriousness that these kids play with. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Who's hungrier for the Golden Ball? We'll see soon!!!!!