Jefferson County

Red81KPsmash

For those of you who haven't heard (and since this area of the state is not know for the hoops), Jefferson County has made a run through the district tourney. They did not when a district game all year, then have upset Greenville and Cocke Co. to reach Tuesday nights final with Mo East. My question is this, is it enough for an interim head coach (David Scott) to keep the head title. With a 7 - 21 record, one might guess no. However, the track record at Jeff. Co. says yes.

What are the thoughts of the Jeff. Co. faithful.

For those of you who haven't heard (and since this area of the state is not know for the hoops), Jefferson County has made a run through the district tourney. They did not when a district game all year, then have upset Greenville and Cocke Co. to reach Tuesday nights final with Mo East. My question is this, is it enough for an interim head coach (David Scott) to keep the head title. With a 7 - 21 record, one might guess no. However, the track record at Jeff. Co. says yes.

Don't know much about the area or the team, but if this is not a traditional basketball area, and Coach Scott was able to motivate his guys to win the district I think that merits removing the interim tag. Obviously, he has to know X's and O's and (more importantly) his guys must play hard for him. Unless there is more to this than there appears, I think it is a no brainer that he stays on.

Good luck in the region!

Better believe it is enough. Coach Scott has done a wonderful job despite the win/loss column. He lost several players early because of discipline issues, people not interested, and of course those who just couldn't cut it (including some upperclassmen) and has still managed to compete and win in the tourney. The game is not always about wins and losses, but about building character in our future leaders. David has done a great job at this, and it is finally showing in the column by getting to the district finals. Should be an exciting game tomorrow night. Can't wait to see what happens. Give him a few more years and who knows how much further he can take us. GO PATRIOTS!

Better believe it is enough. Coach Scott has done a wonderful job despite the win/loss column. He lost several players early because of discipline issues, people not interested, and of course those who just couldn't cut it (including some upperclassmen) and has still managed to compete and win in the tourney. The game is not always about wins and losses, but about building character in our future leaders. David has done a great job at this, and it is finally showing in the column by getting to the district finals. Should be an exciting game tomorrow night. Can't wait to see what happens. Give him a few more years and who knows how much further he can take us. GO PATRIOTS!

As you can tell I'm not a poster, just a reader, but when I read this I couldn't help my self. jcopatriot, I'm with you, plenty enough! The players we've lost for what ever reason didn't need to be there. Coach Scott has done nothing but stand for the right things both on and off the court. Coach Scott's character speaks volumes and I would consider it an honor to have my two sons play for him(one more year). What Coach Scott stands for and what he's teaching these young men, nobodys selling these days. That alone is enough for me! abe, your right, it's time to remove the interim tag! As far as X's and O's, his resume speeks for it's self, not to mention we are playing for the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP and we're guarnteed a HOME REGIONAL game! This future Patriot Dad can't wait until tomorrow night! GO PATRIOTS!

I would like to congratulate Coach Scott. David and I grew up playing basketball together in Seymour. For at least four years I played for his dad who was one of the best coaches I've had. We also played together for a bit under Bill Duncan of Greeneville whom I also have a great deal of respect for. It's ironic that David's biggest win would come against his former mentor. I truly hope that Coach David Scott's position as Head Coach at JC becomes permanent.

I would like to congratulate Coach Scott. David and I grew up playing basketball together in Seymour. For at least four years I played for his dad who was one of the best coaches I've had. We also played together for a bit under Bill Duncan of Greeneville whom I also have a great deal of respect for. It's ironic that David's biggest win would come against his former mentor. I truly hope that Coach David Scott's position as Head Coach at JC becomes permanent.

Yes, Jeff Co. beat a Greeneville team that was without their 2 best players and it took them 4 OT's to win. There season would definitely be over if not for the Greeneville suspensions.

Their win against Cocke Co. was legit.

Jeff Co. has talent. They shoot the ball as good as anyone. The fact that they were 0-10 in the district in the regular season was a travesty.

Final tonight, Mo. East 56 Jeff. Co. 43.

Yes, Jeff Co. beat a Greeneville team that was without their 2 best players and it took them 4 OT's to win. There season would definitely be over if not for the Greeneville suspensions.

Their win against Cocke Co. was legit.

Jeff Co. has talent. They shoot the ball as good as anyone. The fact that they were 0-10 in the district in the regular season was a travesty.

Final tonight, Mo. East 56 Jeff. Co. 43.

Thanks for the info, but the only part that really mattered in your first sentence was "Yes, Jeff Co. beat Greeneville". Tough luck with the suspensions, but you can never say for sure what a game would have been like IF ONLY such and such could have played. Just playing devil's advocate, what if those two suspended players hurt the team more than they help? I don't know why they were suspended, but I'm sure Coach Duncan wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary.