Bledsoe County Hires New Coach

jhoutsider

You may be exactly right.....It may have been an money issue or it may have been an under the table deal all along. However, I am an optimist. If for some reason it had to be in house because of economics or teacher issues I believe they picked the right one. He is having a meeting Sunday with all the parents and the players. Hopefully his agenda will be layed out then.

My new question ya'll might be able to help with......How does he approach the QB situation??? We can't handle another season averaging 4 interceptions a game. I know we have a sophmore QB with a lot of promise.....any more????

JH said we were $10,000 away from Barger a proven program builder, it's sad we don't have another 10 grand to help our kids & mabey send some of these kids to college but we have 2 million to dig a perfectly good main street & brick it????? I think we need some new school board members & County Commisioners about election time.......

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JH said we were $10,000 away from Barger a proven program builder, it's sad we don't have another 10 grand to help our kids & mabey send some of these kids to college but we have 2 million to dig a perfectly good main street & brick it????? I think we need some new school board members & County Commisioners about election time.......

the street thing is a waste..you are right on that one BCW.....how is that going to bring money back into town.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think the decision to waste money on main street came from the city mayor and city council not the county commission. I could be wrong on that but that's what I was told.

In a nutshell" here is my view on jason reels sucess or failure

The first thing is disipline and i am not just talking the players i am adding the coaches in on this one. We have got to find a way to stop the spread offense we got eat up every time we played a spread option team last year and with more and more schools running this we got to find ways to stop it! The next thing is the biggest and most important we have got to learn to block and the offenseive coaches have got to quit watching the ball and watch who is whiffing blocks and not knowing who to block or not being able to read blitz and adjusting!

So we need to be able to block and tackle something that not enough time has been spent on improving this!

As for jason being hired i have no problem with that BUT he had better have learned from the other coaches failure and do things to move forward and WHAT EVER HE DOES DONT GET LAZY! WORK HARD AND TAKE PRIDE IN THIS AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITS SELF!

As for him letting hubert back on the staff that shows that he is more concerned about friendship than his boys who are playing for him hubert had his chance and confidense in him is low so that would be a very bad idea! Not to be mean or disrespet hubert but this is a fact!

As for houston he better keep him and give him more free reign to coach, houston is a good coach and if he can teach what he knows and modivate the way i think he can special things can happen with the D'

I am gonna support jason and i hope he does a good job i understand there are 50 plus boys working out and from what i have heard his wookouts are better than huberts he may need to turn the heat up a little more now and watch them boys grow!

I hope he can bring in an assistant that is smart on offense and on D

I have the ultmost respect for this program, because it is in that moment you ethter want to win or loose, Some times, you have to look around, you have to see what it is going on in that moment, if it is not happening what do you you do, THAT is the truth. Nothing more! Seek the pride, seek the desire, play on the the sacrafice, you win know matter what happens.

In a nutshell" here is my view on jason reels sucess or failure

The first thing is disipline and i am not just talking the players i am adding the coaches in on this one. We have got to find a way to stop the spread offense we got eat up every time we played a spread option team last year and with more and more schools running this we got to find ways to stop it! The next thing is the biggest and most important we have got to learn to block and the offenseive coaches have got to quit watching the ball and watch who is whiffing blocks and not knowing who to block or not being able to read blitz and adjusting!

So we need to be able to block and tackle something that not enough time has been spent on improving this!

As for jason being hired i have no problem with that BUT he had better have learned from the other coaches failure and do things to move forward and WHAT EVER HE DOES DONT GET LAZY! WORK HARD AND TAKE PRIDE IN THIS AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITS SELF!

As for him letting hubert back on the staff that shows that he is more concerned about friendship than his boys who are playing for him hubert had his chance and confidense in him is low so that would be a very bad idea! Not to be mean or disrespet hubert but this is a fact!

As for houston he better keep him and give him more free reign to coach, houston is a good coach and if he can teach what he knows and modivate the way i think he can special things can happen with the D'

I am gonna support jason and i hope he does a good job i understand there are 50 plus boys working out and from what i have heard his wookouts are better than huberts he may need to turn the heat up a little more now and watch them boys grow!

I hope he can bring in an assistant that is smart on offense and on D

I was told first hand by coach Reel that Hubert was not going to be involved with the football team at all. If it turns out that he is going to be involved, then it is going to be the same old story we've gone through for the last 7 years. I would like to the see the team successful, but they can't be if he's going to worry about all his friends feelings. Thats the other reason we should have come up with 10,000 more and gone outside the county.

Slim if you haven't walked in our shoes & know the in's & outs of Bledsoe County School system & what the people of this county are going through & have went thru the past few years you really wouldn't understand.... We have kids than can compete with anyone until they reach the High School level & as a tax paying parent it is a hard to swallow that these kids just simply quit or have no heart. I played 2 years under Quay & 2 under Dickie Brown & never had a winning season in High School, but my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade year we beat nearly everyone we played.. During the Quay years I know if we had some different leadership we would have won alot more games as we had some players play college ball & a couple more that could have but didn't during the late 1980's and early 1990's, & we was just on the front end of Dickie Brown's good seasons... I see my kids growing up & the past couple of years they have not lost a ballgame & we have played alot of outside this valley teams, but when they get to be young High School aged kids they don't seem to have near the suscess...... If this 7 year stretch happened to your beloved Tigers I promise you my friend you would feel as we do if the school system kept hiring in house & kept have the same or worse results like our 1-9 season we just suffored through...

cry, cry, cry.............so how has that been working out for you?????? Rockwood would not go through a losing stretch like that because our kids are tough. The tigers are coming to Pikeville to kick your tails this season, and I will be there to watch it.

Guys, I hope things are going well over in the valley and that Coach Reel is off to a good start. Debated on saying anything on here but I know my name was brought out a few times. The decision to stay where I am was a tough one, but one my wife and I felt was in the best interest of family and finances. It was not just a money only decision, timing at this point in our lives was not right.I thank everyone who contacted me and good luck to the Warriors.As far as Mr. Kiper and Mrs. Pickett goes, I was very impressed with their professionalism and eagerness to improve the OVERALL athletics at BCHS. 2nd I hope the community rallies behind Coach Reel and gives him the support he will need. You may agree or disagree with the hire, and that absolutely is your right, but give the guy an opportunity to prove himself.NO coach can be successful without the backing of the administration and community. I remember being a young coach and getting turned away from jobs b/c they were looking for a guy with HC experience. My motto was" how am I going to get the experience until someone gives me a chance?" I eventually got a chance even though it was 6 hours from home. My advice to the new HC is to lay your expectations down for the players and parents early. Be upfront and honest but also be your own man. It was Bear Bryant who said " when you get fired, and if you stay in this business long enough you will get fired, get fired doing it your way!" Surround yourself with LOYAL, HARD-WORKING coaches and seek out other good HC's and see what they are doing. It is a huge responsibilty and you are never really ready for all the things it encompasses if you do it right. Always look to see new and better ways to do things and keep growing as a coach. For the fans, patience will be the key, the team and young HC will go through growing pains. The team will need to get used to Coach Reel's expectations and He will make some mistakes along the way, ALL coaches do. Coach Reel, learn from them and become better each year. Honestly any rebuilding plan is a 3-4 year plan, it takes a coach that long to get his players and philosophy stamped on the program. You must look for the small improvements early, better work ethic, better discipline, organization and so on. Once the little things are in place, the big things(wins and losses) will take care of themselves. Sorry to ramble on just wanted to give my opinion on some things if you take it and 50 cents you can buy a candy bar!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guys, I hope things are going well over in the valley and that Coach Reel is off to a good start. Debated on saying anything on here but I know my name was brought out a few times. The decision to stay where I am was a tough one, but one my wife and I felt was in the best interest of family and finances. It was not just a money only decision, timing at this point in our lives was not right.I thank everyone who contacted me and good luck to the Warriors.As far as Mr. Kiper and Mrs. Pickett goes, I was very impressed with their professionalism and eagerness to improve the OVERALL athletics at BCHS. 2nd I hope the community rallies behind Coach Reel and gives him the support he will need. You may agree or disagree with the hire, and that absolutely is your right, but give the guy an opportunity to prove himself.NO coach can be successful without the backing of the administration and community. I remember being a young coach and getting turned away from jobs b/c they were looking for a guy with HC experience. My motto was" how am I going to get the experience until someone gives me a chance?" I eventually got a chance even though it was 6 hours from home. My advice to the new HC is to lay your expectations down for the players and parents early. Be upfront and honest but also be your own man. It was Bear Bryant who said " when you get fired, and if you stay in this business long enough you will get fired, get fired doing it your way!" Surround yourself with LOYAL, HARD-WORKING coaches and seek out other good HC's and see what they are doing. It is a huge responsibilty and you are never really ready for all the things it encompasses if you do it right. Always look to see new and better ways to do things and keep growing as a coach. For the fans, patience will be the key, the team and young HC will go through growing pains. The team will need to get used to Coach Reel's expectations and He will make some mistakes along the way, ALL coaches do. Coach Reel, learn from them and become better each year. Honestly any rebuilding plan is a 3-4 year plan, it takes a coach that long to get his players and philosophy stamped on the program. You must look for the small improvements early, better work ethic, better discipline, organization and so on. Once the little things are in place, the big things(wins and losses) will take care of themselves. Sorry to ramble on just wanted to give my opinion on some things if you take it and 50 cents you can buy a candy bar!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

......."CLASS".........good luck David /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />