Bledsoe County Hires New Coach

jhoutsider

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told hubert would not be helping....Jason spoke for about an hour....going over the new rules and whats expected of players and parents.....from what i was told .....he did a pretty good job....

The meeting went very well. There were alot of people there. Don't know if all of them were players and familys or some just being curious. Hubert is NOT helping in any way. I left feeling pretty encouraged but only time will tell. He let everyone know his agenda for the future. Hopefully things will work out

Guys, I hope things are going well over in the valley and that Coach Reel is off to a good start. Debated on saying anything on here but I know my name was brought out a few times. The decision to stay where I am was a tough one, but one my wife and I felt was in the best interest of family and finances. It was not just a money only decision, timing at this point in our lives was not right.I thank everyone who contacted me and good luck to the Warriors.As far as Mr. Kiper and Mrs. Pickett goes, I was very impressed with their professionalism and eagerness to improve the OVERALL athletics at BCHS. 2nd I hope the community rallies behind Coach Reel and gives him the support he will need. You may agree or disagree with the hire, and that absolutely is your right, but give the guy an opportunity to prove himself.NO coach can be successful without the backing of the administration and community. I remember being a young coach and getting turned away from jobs b/c they were looking for a guy with HC experience. My motto was" how am I going to get the experience until someone gives me a chance?" I eventually got a chance even though it was 6 hours from home. My advice to the new HC is to lay your expectations down for the players and parents early. Be upfront and honest but also be your own man. It was Bear Bryant who said " when you get fired, and if you stay in this business long enough you will get fired, get fired doing it your way!" Surround yourself with LOYAL, HARD-WORKING coaches and seek out other good HC's and see what they are doing. It is a huge responsibilty and you are never really ready for all the things it encompasses if you do it right. Always look to see new and better ways to do things and keep growing as a coach. For the fans, patience will be the key, the team and young HC will go through growing pains. The team will need to get used to Coach Reel's expectations and He will make some mistakes along the way, ALL coaches do. Coach Reel, learn from them and become better each year. Honestly any rebuilding plan is a 3-4 year plan, it takes a coach that long to get his players and philosophy stamped on the program. You must look for the small improvements early, better work ethic, better discipline, organization and so on. Once the little things are in place, the big things(wins and losses) will take care of themselves. Sorry to ramble on just wanted to give my opinion on some things if you take it and 50 cents you can buy a candy bar!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great post, Coach! All of us no matter what field we are in have had to jump in and get our feet wet and get the "experience" we need to have before we can have the opportunities we desire. I do have to point out one thing to you, however. From the 50 cent candy bar statement, you are showing your age...I think they are higher than that now. Good luck this fall and always know there are many of us pulling for you every Friday night.

Eric55, you are right but Dad would tell you the Candy Bars are more expensive know because we are paying for the Governor's underground Ball Room!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Jason will do well in Bledsoe. He was a part of a pretty good run at Bledsoe as a player. He was part of a winning group and was an a starter on the 10-2 team of 1995. He knows what it takes to win. My advice to him is to be his own man and use resources around him. There are several successful coaches in the area that are more that willing to help a young coach. Be original and remember that it is your team. Be the one that has the final say because its the head coach's but that's on the line. To the fans I say be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day. Look at the small improvements first. It could take 4 years as another coach said. Good luck to all and I hope you guys go 9-1 every year! Can't pull for you week 6!

Don't know about all sports but Mr. Kiper's son was a senior on the Indians basketball team. He might have been a little partial in that game but I have known him a long time and he will do what is right for you guys. Jason will do a good job. There is a wonderful person as principal at the high school. There will be change so get behind the ones in place. Negativity breeds doubt. Doubt leads to loss. Get behind the program and push it to the forefront. Good luck to all.

I seen he was sure cringing & griminising when Sequatchie missed a basket & accually seen him complain on a Sequatchie Co. foul on a Bledsoe Player /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I just thought it odd he is rooting againsed the same kids he is in charge of leading & making the best descissions for? I hope Mr. Reel all the luck & I am just wondering what changes he is planning to bring to the team that he didn't make in his 3 or 4 years as a assistant under Boynton & Hubbie? Does this not enter anyone's mind?