Emmanuel Andrews co MVP of 8AAA WT?

Crunchtime

I'm not taking anything away from the LC coach at all, they are an improved team not doubt. They finished 11-18 overall and 6-6 in the district. To me 11-18 is not that great even though it was better than where they were headed. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I would have voted for the Columbia coach for the great year they had. He did a good job the entire year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the ballots were not as secret as you might think.

I know what I know, no matter what you think I don't know.

The proof in in the pudding.

I say again....he was wrong.

He really looked like the man you say you know last night didn't he....NOT!

Go post your "soft and sad story" somewhere else.

He's getting what he deserves!

I don't know how the voting was tallied and I have no idea how anyone would know such things from a so-called secret ballot; however, in the past year I have got to know Carlos Smith and I can tell you he is both a good coach and an honorable man. Whatever was said or done last night is another subject altogether but I feel confident he did what he felt was best. To demean him without having all the facts is senseless at best. Let the kids play ball and just move on...

The ballots are not all that secret. Its a small world. I suggest anyone wanting to know the truth should ask the people that would know how the vote was cast.

Carlos had his hand called on his actions last night and lost his cool. It is pretty much an established fact that he voted Andrews down to 15th, but he will never admit it. But he doesn't have to admit it. Its a small world.

I can't fault him for wanting his player to win the MVP award. I'm sure his loyalty is appreciated. The problem is....We need our coaches to be above board. (Remember, they are teaching our young men and women.) He might have thought his player was better than Andrews, but How In the world could you think that Andrews is the 15th best player in the District?

If Carlos would step up and admit he made an error in judgement, all would be forgotten and he would gain his respect back. At this point lying about it only makes it worse. I can understand FC fans wanting to defend their coach, but understand this: Its a small world.

The ballots are not all that secret. Its a small world. I suggest anyone wanting to know the truth should ask the people that would know how the vote was cast.

Carlos had his hand called on his actions last night and lost his cool. It is pretty much an established fact that he voted Andrews down to 15th, but he will never admit it. But he doesn't have to admit it. Its a small world.

I can't fault him for wanting his player to win the MVP award. I'm sure his loyalty is appreciated. The problem is....We need our coaches to be above board. (Remember, they are teaching our young men and women.) He might have thought his player was better than Andrews, but How In the world could you think that Andrews is the 15th best player in the District?

If Carlos would step up and admit he made an error in judgement, all would be forgotten and he would gain his respect back. At this point lying about it only makes it worse. I can understand FC fans wanting to defend their coach, but understand this: Its a small world.

Not to defend the FC coach, but it was the Shelbyville coach who motioned for the FC coach to come out of the stands last night and seemed to start something right there on the floor. Therefore both coaches are at fault for causing a scene at that time. It was a time for the players, not the coaches, as the coaches knew the outcome before hand and should have settled their differences somewhere else.

Kevin simply told Carlos that what he did to Andrews was a disgrace. It was Carlos who caused the scene. He started ranting and raving and threw stuff around. No one would have ever known had he acted like an adult. The MVP was announced to the public. It's a shame that the means by which the decision was made was not made public as well. Nothing against the Franklin Co. player. He was most definitely deserving to be All District.

I'm sure that Kevin has put it behind him and so has E. Over the past few years this kind of garbage has been going on. Three years ago there was a 3-way tie between Barry Stewart and two other players in the district. Barry Stewart went on to be Mr. Basketball of the state of TN that year and I don't think the other players were even in the running for that award. Are the coaches of district 8AAA that stupid? I don't think so. SO WHATS UP???

Individual awards ARE important to these young men because of potential scholarships and the attention they recieve from colleges. Nothing to be taken lightly. It means a lot to these kids.

I think its about time to call some hands on this type of behavior. Who is going to do it? Surely not the TSSAA . It seems no one has any guts to deal with such clowns. My hat is off to KT for standing up for his player. Carlos...shame on you for being a ranting ...raving lunatic about the issue.

Its time for some of our coaches to MAN UP and do the right thing.

Kevin simply told Carlos that what he did to Andrews was a disgrace. It was Carlos who caused the scene. He started ranting and raving and threw stuff around. No one would have ever known had he acted like an adult. The MVP was announced to the public. It's a shame that the means by which the decision was made was not made public as well. Nothing against the Franklin Co. player. He was most definitely deserving to be All District.

I'm sure that Kevin has put it behind him and so has E. Over the past few years this kind of garbage has been going on. Three years ago there was a 3-way tie between Barry Stewart and two other players in the district. Barry Stewart went on to be Mr. Basketball of the state of TN that year and I don't think the other players were even in the running for that award. Are the coaches of district 8AAA that stupid? I don't think so. SO WHATS UP???

Individual awards ARE important to these young men because of potential scholarships and the attention they recieve from colleges. Nothing to be taken lightly. It means a lot to these kids.

I think its about time to call some hands on this type of behavior. Who is going to do it? Surely not the TSSAA . It seems no one has any guts to deal with such clowns. My hat is off to KT for standing up for his player. Carlos...shame on you for being a ranting ...raving lunatic about the issue.

Very well said...

I don't know how the voting was tallied and I have no idea how anyone would know such things from a so-called secret ballot; however, in the past year I have got to know Carlos Smith and I can tell you he is both a good coach and an honorable man. Whatever was said or done last night is another subject altogether but I feel confident he did what he felt was best. To demean him without having all the facts is senseless at best. Let the kids play ball and just move on...

I am a coach in West TN. I know the problem could have been confusion on HOW TO VOTE! The way our district usually did it was the 15th player was who we felt was the BEST PLAYER.... in other words they totaled up the points (what ever place you were listed equaled the points you get) and whoever got the most points was MVP. We have had more than one coach get really confused over that b/c you naturally tend to think as you look at the list to write the best player by the # 1 as if ranked like in a poll. I dont know any of the coaches personally in your area but that is a very realistic probability.... maybe.

I am a coach in West TN. I know the problem could have been confusion on HOW TO VOTE! The way our district usually did it was the 15th player was who we felt was the BEST PLAYER.... in other words they totaled up the points (what ever place you were listed equaled the points you get) and whoever got the most points was MVP. We have had more than one coach get really confused over that b/c you naturally tend to think as you look at the list to write the best player by the # 1 as if ranked like in a poll. I dont know any of the coaches personally in your area but that is a very realistic probability.... maybe.

I don't think this is the case because this particular coach placed his player as the number 1 ranked player and the other player the 15th ranked player. Had he been confused he would hurt his player as well. This was not the case. The 15th player is by far the best player in the district. This was a deliberate act to intentionally keep the best player from winning. However all the other coaches ranked this player number one and it caused a tie for number one. That was about as clear as mud. LOL

Congratulations to all the young men who made All-District. I am proud of all of them, although I do not know them all personally. When you step back from the "bashing" that is going on, I see a massive amount of talent on the floor. I also see a great many of them who have played and endured through various problems and challenges when it would have been easier for them to quit. I see that ALL the young men who were selected have contributed much to their teams and to the district. I have watched many of them for four years now and know that they have improved and grown. Yes, I am especially proud of the Lawrence County team because that is where my heart and loyalties lie. Please put aside the petty differences and let the guys have their moment.

Congratulations to all the young men who made All-District. I am proud of all of them, although I do not know them all personally. When you step back from the "bashing" that is going on, I see a massive amount of talent on the floor. I also see a great many of them who have played and endured through various problems and challenges when it would have been easier for them to quit. I see that ALL the young men who were selected have contributed much to their teams and to the district. I have watched many of them for four years now and know that they have improved and grown. Yes, I am especially proud of the Lawrence County team because that is where my heart and loyalties lie. Please put aside the petty differences and let the guys have their moment.

The balloting should allow for one MVP, and every team with a deserving player should be ensured of that, not simply relying on ballot manipulation to benefit their programs. The two seniors from Law Co were deserving,and while the soph Garland is certainly a good player who will be a very good player in the future, it's hard to see seniors and even juniors left off without feeling that the system is faulty.

Barry Stewart was and is still a great player, and his performance at the state tournament is one that I still admire. Again one MVP. Coach Thomas was wrong, though , for any comments while on the floor during the award ceremony. At that time it was the players' time.

Barry Stewart was and is still a great player, and his performance at the state tournament is one that I still admire. Again one MVP. Coach Thomas was wrong, though , for any comments while on the floor during the award ceremony. At that time it was the players' time.

Definitely agree that the coaches needed to take their issues up at another time other than the award ceremony.

Don't know about all of them but some of the players saw it.