Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let me set the record straight--I AM THE ONE THAT CALLED SUMMERTOWN REDNECKS---not a cully fan. I did this based on an old quote by Coach Willard when he was coaching the boys--"Most of our players drive tractors to practice during the summer"--to me that is redneck and I lived in Stown for 18 years so I kinda get what that means. Now back to basketball. This will be the get back game with Collinwood. If anyone remembers, we did beat them early in the year by putting up 100 on them (100-85). We lost at Cwood-to be expected. Played them to a one pt game in the district. By my count Cwood leads the season 2-1. We get back even on thursday. Summertown will win this game and it will be a classic--several lead changes, several runs, probably no lead bigger than 6-8 points until the end when the dead-eyes start hitting FT. My prediction will be Stown by 8-9 and hosting Sub-State. Does anyone know anything about the other region? Isnt it 5-a we get?

No dude, Collinwood beat Summertown at Summertown, then beat them again a couple of miles down the road

at Mt Pleasant a week or two later for the championship ..........Summertown beat collinwood and scored 100 at collinwood way back at the very beginning of the season

since you prob havent watched either team play I can tell you that Summertown is a very good team but Collinwood is every bit as good and they got a dominating big man inside. Collinwood is a tough matchup because

if you try to double up on Thompson every other guy they have on the court and shoot and shoot well. And they

can match anybody shooting threes. In my opinion Collinwood is a much more balanced and much better shooting team than Culleoka. Collinwood also has a real nice and totally unsung senior point guard named Joe

West who is easily one of the best in 1A anywhere. Hes about 6'2" and does a great job shooting the ball or

running their offense Collinwood has problems guarding Logan Harville cause hes smaller and quicker than any

of the Collinwood players who are all pretty big dudes. I expect him to lead the charge for Summertown again.

Summertown really doesnt have anybody to guard Thompson man on man except Wes Long and I would imagine

they are scared to put Wes on him because they dont want Wes to foul out of the game. So thats another problem

for the Summertown coaches. Guess what Im saying is that both teams have matchup problems which is why its

usually a good game

Ok let me set the record straight--I AM THE ONE THAT CALLED SUMMERTOWN REDNECKS---not a cully fan. I did this based on an old quote by Coach Willard when he was coaching the boys--"Most of our players drive tractors to practice during the summer"--to me that is redneck and I lived in Stown for 18 years so I kinda get what that means. Now back to basketball. This will be the get back game with Collinwood. If anyone remembers, we did beat them early in the year by putting up 100 on them (100-85). We lost at Cwood-to be expected. Played them to a one pt game in the district. By my count Cwood leads the season 2-1. We get back even on thursday. Summertown will win this game and it will be a classic--several lead changes, several runs, probably no lead bigger than 6-8 points until the end when the dead-eyes start hitting FT. My prediction will be Stown by 8-9 and hosting Sub-State. Does anyone know anything about the other region? Isnt it 5-a we get?

You will have a tough match up with either Eagleville or Clarksville Academy.

No dude, Collinwood beat Summertown at Summertown, then beat them again a couple of miles down the road

at Mt Pleasant a week or two later for the championship ..........Summertown beat collinwood and scored 100 at collinwood way back at the very beginning of the season

since you prob havent watched either team play I can tell you that Summertown is a very good team but Collinwood is every bit as good and they got a dominating big man inside. Collinwood is a tough matchup because

if you try to double up on Thompson every other guy they have on the court and shoot and shoot well. And they

can match anybody shooting threes. In my opinion Collinwood is a much more balanced and much better shooting team than Culleoka. Collinwood also has a real nice and totally unsung senior point guard named Joe

West who is easily one of the best in 1A anywhere. Hes about 6'2" and does a great job shooting the ball or

running their offense Collinwood has problems guarding Logan Harville cause hes smaller and quicker than any

of the Collinwood players who are all pretty big dudes. I expect him to lead the charge for Summertown again.

Summertown really doesnt have anybody to guard Thompson man on man except Wes Long and I would imagine

they are scared to put Wes on him because they dont want Wes to foul out of the game. So thats another problem

for the Summertown coaches. Guess what Im saying is that both teams have matchup problems which is why its

usually a good game

Forrest's tallest player was 6'1" so how did they guard Thompson?

Congratulations to both Summertown and Culleoka.

IT was quickness and offense VS size and defense. It could have easily went either way. I will admit though that after all the hype about Culleoka's defense I was surprised to see that Summertown's defense was the biggest reason for the win.

You are right--I haven't physically seen them play---just kept up with the goings on in 12A and 11A. I do know that they did split regular season games and apologize for the incorrect locations of their wins. You said it great that they both pose some match-up problems for each other. I am going with my gut on this one in saying I think Summertown gets this one. If you recall a few years back, Cwood had an awesome player in Jace Bryant and they dominated 12a his sr year. When it got down to crunch time in the regional (remember that was when three teams advanced past regionals to substate which was a weird set-up) they played in the second round of sub-state and the Eagles got them ending their season. I have a gut feeling that the Eagles win this game and then host sub. Just a feeling. No disrepect here as I do think both could go to the Boro. At least they don't have to go thru the Nashville schools this time as they have always been a thorn in the 12a sides. Good luck to both in sub and especially the eagles in the regional.

You are right--I haven't physically seen them play---just kept up with the goings on in 12A and 11A. I do know that they did split regular season games and apologize for the incorrect locations of their wins. You said it great that they both pose some match-up problems for each other. I am going with my gut on this one in saying I think Summertown gets this one. If you recall a few years back, Cwood had an awesome player in Jace Bryant and they dominated 12a his sr year. When it got down to crunch time in the regional (remember that was when three teams advanced past regionals to substate which was a weird set-up) they played in the second round of sub-state and the Eagles got them ending their season. I have a gut feeling that the Eagles win this game and then host sub. Just a feeling. No disrepect here as I do think both could go to the Boro. At least they don't have to go thru the Nashville schools this time as they have always been a thorn in the 12a sides. Good luck to both in sub and especially the eagles in the regional.

I recall Summertown beating the Jace Bryant led team but they had to go into a slowdown to win that game

Collinwood is a football school but sometimes they get the guys to play basketball too...they got some really nice

players

I recall Summertown beating the Jace Bryant led team but they had to go into a slowdown to win that game

Collinwood is a football school but sometimes they get the guys to play basketball too...they got some really nice

players

If Collinwood is a football school, how come you never hear anything about them in football? To me it seems like its all about basketball over there.

Great game last. Close as everyone expected.

Way to go EAGLES. Go get'em monday night.

Good luck to Collinwood on Monday as well. Both of these teams are Murfreesboro worthy.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />