Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

Just a word of note--My alma mater is IKM high school in Iowa. This year they led the entire state all classes in scoring defense--gave up 40 pts only three times and finished two games short of state. Only two teams put up 40 on them--one did it twice and is in the state tourney here. It doesnt matter if you have a great defense or not--the fact is you have to show up to play. Give the rednecks a chance, they may show up and cully may not, you never know. I just think the rednecks from stown are too tough and will show up and take the fight to the columbia boys

If you want rednecks just look in the Culleoka student section later tonight lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59-50 There's going to be some serious crow eating in this thread.

I was not at the game but had it online till about 4 minutes left and lost the signal!!! I hate it for Cully, but I have seen Summertown play twice this year and thought they would be tough. Good luck to the Eagles as they move on and congrats to the Warriors on one of the best seasons in school history!!!! Good Job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Summertown was the better team tonight bottom line. They played D and forced alot of bad shots. They also were the 1st team to really beat the press against us all year. Props to them and I hope they make it a long way. Just like to say to the seniors that it has been a pleasure watching ya'll these past four years and hope that tonight wasn't your last night of basketball.

Great job by the Eagles tonight. Cully's D was not nearly as impressive as some on this thread seemed to think it would be.

The Eagles were able to push the ball up the court and force a more up-tempo game - which obviously Cully was not comfortable with. A rally just before the half made the difference, as Cully would get no closer than 4 the rest of the game and never really recovered from it.

The Eagles were not hitting early, but were still maintaining a lead - and kept Cully from getting the ball in the paint = and forcing them to take outside shots, which, for the most part, were not there. The only bright spot for Cully was Stephens penetrating and hitting 8 foot jumpers - he had 26, but no one else had more than 7.

Congrats to Cully on a great season (29-3) and Congrats to the Eagles - now lets take another one on Thursday and host Sub-State !!

Congratulations to summertown on the win tonight. Congratulations to coach slatton and the culleoka boys. i thought you guys would make it to murphy, goes to show you that on any given night anything can happen. maybe thats why there needs to be a playoff in college football. again to all culleoka people dont hang your head you had a great season.