Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am hearing is how long and tall Columbia is. Does anybody know the approx height of their starting 5?

Here ya go bro. Also they are probably the deepest team as far as total players they sub in and out in the region.

5 Marsales Whitaker PG 5'9 150 Sr.

10 James English PG 5-9 145 Jr.

12 Dre Crutcher PF 6'1 195 Jr.

14 Davonta Hamlett PF/SF 6'4 175 So.

20 Nathan Harlan SG 5'7 160 Jr.

21 Dominique Parks PF/SF 6'2 170 Jr.

22 Javoris Webster PF/C 6'3 175 Fr.

23 Shon Brown SG 5'11 230 Sr.

24 Gentry Gordon SG 5'9 165 Sr.

30 Tradarius Goff SF/SG 5'9 225 So.

33 Morty Robinson C/PF 6'2 185 Sr.

42 Jonathon Cooper SF/SG 6'1 185 Sr.

44 Zach Gaines C 6'4 250 Sr.

I am not positive to which are the starting five game in and game out. I know Whitaker is the starting pg and Morty Robinson starts but I am not sure of anymore.

Here ya go bro. Also they are probably the deepest team as far as total players they sub in and out in the region.

I am not positive to which are the starting five game in and game out. I know Whitaker is the starting pg and Morty Robinson starts but I am not sure of anymore.

I guess maybe compared to 8-AAA, Columbia is a big team, but size-wise, Oakland will be able to matchup pretty well, should these teams play

Shelbyville will have a tough battle with Cookeville without Twilley in the game, but one thing to consider also is that Shelbyville played Cookeville and Siegel earlier in the year without 6'6" Seth Jarrell in the line up. He adds a dimension that wasn't there earlier in the year. He had some good games coming down the stretch and is a good rebounder and shot blocker.

Should fair out on a good region , hope it comes down to Oakland and Siegel as Oakland wants revenge and can pull it off.

Haha yeah your right, bet they work alot harder on layup drills this week, since they dont dunk and are so "fundamental" yet miss crucial layups. Funny stuff.

Oakland will beat them. That is not height. If they happened to beat the Pats Siegel would go inside 75% of the time on them because we have sooo much more height then that. I dont think yall know enough about our district if your calling them tall.

Lebanon could really scare Columbia, if not pull the upset. I see that game being just as close as the Shelbyville-Cookeville game. Columbia is coming off an emotional district championship and has not been a top seed in a good while. They may tighten up some and Lebanon, on the other hand, will place loose. If I had to bet (and I don't), I'd say all the top seeds win, but you never know in a one-game elimination setup. Oakland and Siegel will both win by 20-plus, while I think Shelbyville and Columbia will pull through in the fourth quarter. Should be fun, and for Twilley's sake, I hope Shelbyville gets by Cookeville. It would be extremely sad for his career to end because of some showboat ref with an agenda. Plus, a Shelbyville-Siegel matchup would be a lot of fun once again.

Columbia is one fine ball club with speed and size...would not be a surprise if they win the tournament..very good club....

That is not SIZE. Siegel has a 6'5 shooting guard, a 6'5 pf and 6'4 sf/pf. NOT to mention 3 posts that are 6'8 on the bench, one being Cedric Williams who will see the most playing time.

They are tall maybe not compared to Siegels height. You can be long in other ways besides height. They will be tough to beat and you have to get it inside before you can go inside all day. If you are 6'3'' or 6'4'' and can jump out of the gym you are long. Columbia is a very fast team. I am not saying they will beat Oakland but it will be a very close game.

Siegel is long and has good hops and very athletic, Oaklands beat us once I see them having no problem with Columbia.

Having seen all the teams play that are in the Region tourney, I would say Siegal is by far the favorite. That said, Oakland might have a slight edge on Columbia, but not by much, an edge to coaching/experience but Columbia is much quicker and deeper of the bench, Shelbyville/Cookeville will be close with out Twilley. I look for all 1 and 2 to advance.

Haha yeah your right, bet they work alot harder on layup drills this week, since they dont dunk and are so "fundamental" yet miss crucial layups. Funny stuff.

Dunk and layups, all count 2 points. You want to talk about miss crucial layups/dunks, talk to you boy Gooch who cost Siegel the game against Oakland last year because he tried to dunk instead of going for almost the sure think. I dont think you guys have the right to lecture anyone on fundamentals, when until just previously, Siegel just relied on talent alone to beat teams.

That is not SIZE. Siegel has a 6'5 shooting guard, a 6'5 pf and 6'4 sf/pf. NOT to mention 3 posts that are 6'8 on the bench, one being Cedric Williams who will see the most playing time.

I dont know what your smoking, but Siegel has 1 6'8 post in Neal Carroll, and he doesnt contribute a whole lot.

Siegel is long and has good hops and very athletic, Oaklands beat us once I see them having no problem with Columbia.

Again, give me what your smoking. If Oakland even makes it to the semis, they will have their hands full with Columbia.