Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

Yeah good one treyvols, shame we beat Shelbyville by 3 with their starting point guard, and buzzers dont ring they buzz, see yall tuesday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good one treyvols, shame we beat Shelbyville by 3 with their starting point guard, and buzzers dont ring they buzz, see yall tuesday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yet Shelbyville did not have their starting Center in that game lol. Should be a great game. Good luck to all teams.

Go Eagles /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How tall is Jarril? We may have 3 or 4 starters taller then him lol.

He is listed as 6'6" but I think that is a little fabriated. Hopefully Shelbyville will give Siegel a much better game than last year. Just glad to see them were they are thus far with the adversity they have had to overcome recently. Siegel is the favorite no doubt about it. I hope Shelbyville can stay with them until the end with an opprotunity to win.

thanks for the clarification... and since we're getting technical you misspelled Jerrell's name and used then instead of than... come on now

see ya'll Tuesday /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

GO EAGLES!!

siegel grad man. y u gotta get on here and talk so much trash. u crack me up dude. u must be an old washed up player that aint got nothing better to do than get on here and run ur mouth to other people. u just wait til tuesday night. shelbyville will win. i promise. siegel is overrated and is going to come in cocky and they are going to get beat. and also its real cute that u got to tell a junior girl in high school about a buzzer. just know that when it goes off tuesday night i will be there to give u some tissue to wash the tears out of ur eyes after shelbyville comes in and shows u wat they are all about!!!

Congrats to all four winners last night also, congrats to Cookeville, Lebanon, Franklin County, and Lawrence County on successful seasons this year. Well as I guessed, not that it was difficult to pick the top two seeds from each district but it is going to be an outstanding semi finals at Blackman on Tuesday night. Shelbyville and Cookeville was a great game to watch last night as Cookeville was on fire in the first half shooting and Shelbyville was trailing by four at the half. Midway through the third quarter Andrews connected on three three pointers and a dunk in about a two minute span to take over the momentum of the game. Andrews scored 26 and sophmore Bobby Wilson added 24. Wilson converted on 3 of four and one plays as part of his 24. He was a huge factor in Shelbyville taking control in the second half. The crowd starting chanting "Twilleys Back" the last 2-3 minutes of the game and they seem very focused and ready for the challenge of taking on Siegel. Seth Jarrel had atleast four blocks and had nine points and numreous rebounds. The whole team played excellent in the second half scoring 31 points in the fourth quarter alone. Having Twilley back and Wilson, Jarrell and the rest of the team playing better each game only adds to what the combo of what Twilley and Andrews bring to the table. I look for this to be a great game as well as the Oakland Columbia game. I have to go with the homer pick and take Shelbyville and Oakland as the two that will advance to th finals. Siegel is certainly the favorite and Shelbyville will have to play the best game they have played all year to advance. Having Twilley back after the suspension may be the best thing for the team and him as well as how hard, focused, and determined they will play. Good luck to all four teams Tuesday. I am sure I am one of very few who thinks Shelbyville will beat Siegel though lol.

are you just trying to pick the underdogs or is that who you really think is going to win? first off, oakland doesnt have a chance against columbia without edwards. now i have been saying all season that i thought columbia was overrated and i still do. i have also said since the brackets for the tourney came out, that i thought oakland would beat columbia. but i just dont see it happening without edwards. someone keeps mentioning christian. i like christin and he will be a good player. right now, he just wants to float around the 3 point line and shoot 3s. he cannot fill the shoes of edwards. neither can messick and especially not blissard.

as for the siegel shelbyville game. it will be a tough one for siegel. they have to come out focused and play solid the ENTIRE game or they will be packing up early. now think about this. siegel looked down at the other end of the court and saw a bunch of little white kids in lawerence co. when siegel realized that their season would end if they continued to play that way, they gave up only 21 points in 3 quarters of play. siegel will not overlook shelbyville i promise. they know that shelbyville is a very good team and that their season could be over tuesday night if they do not come to play. if you tell a team like siegel that their season will be over if they dont win, they come to play. they have averaged a 29 point win in each game of the post season thus far. if siegel plays solid like they have done 21 of the last 22 games and especially if they play like they did against oakland in the district champ., they will beat shelbyviile by at least 10.

as for columbia, if you meet siegel in the championship you will get smacked. you want to get out and run but i promise you, you cannot run with siegel. you are too little and not athletic enough to run with them. nor are you disciplined enough. siegel will go one one of their 12 point runs and you all will start fighting with eachother and the game will be over. go ahead and get ur bus gassed up for the trip to chattanooga!!!

by the way columbia, shelbyville is the only team you have played this season that is worth a crap. and please dont say anything about ensworth and brentwood academy. they are terrible. ensworth would be about the 5th or 6th best team in this region.

siegel grad man. y u gotta get on here and talk so much trash. u crack me up dude. u must be an old washed up player that aint got nothing better to do than get on here and run ur mouth to other people. u just wait til tuesday night. shelbyville will win. i promise. siegel is overrated and is going to come in cocky and they are going to get beat. and also its real cute that u got to tell a junior girl in high school about a buzzer. just know that when it goes off tuesday night i will be there to give u some tissue to wash the tears out of ur eyes after shelbyville comes in and shows u wat they are all about!!!

Haha chill out slim thug. Siegel doesnt come out cocky against good opponents, their going to be more focused then ever for yall since its do or die. You better hope their not hitting or itll be a long night for Shelbyville fans, and I was totally joking about the buzzer, im a sarcastic person my apologies to the junior girl in high school, keep supporting your school hard lol.

are you just trying to pick the underdogs or is that who you really think is going to win? first off, oakland doesnt have a chance against columbia without edwards. now i have been saying all season that i thought columbia was overrated and i still do. i have also said since the brackets for the tourney came out, that i thought oakland would beat columbia. but i just dont see it happening without edwards. someone keeps mentioning christian. i like christin and he will be a good player. right now, he just wants to float around the 3 point line and shoot 3s. he cannot fill the shoes of edwards. neither can messick and especially not blissard.

as for the siegel shelbyville game. it will be a tough one for siegel. they have to come out focused and play solid the ENTIRE game or they will be packing up early. now think about this. siegel looked down at the other end of the court and saw a bunch of little white kids in lawerence co. when siegel realized that their season would end if they continued to play that way, they gave up only 21 points in 3 quarters of play. siegel will not overlook shelbyville i promise. they know that shelbyville is a very good team and that their season could be over tuesday night if they do not come to play. if you tell a team like siegel that their season will be over if they dont win, they come to play. they have averaged a 29 point win in each game of the post season thus far. if siegel plays solid like they have done 21 of the last 22 games and especially if they play like they did against oakland in the district champ., they will beat shelbyviile by at least 10.

as for columbia, if you meet siegel in the championship you will get smacked. you want to get out and run but i promise you, you cannot run with siegel. you are too little and not athletic enough to run with them. nor are you disciplined enough. siegel will go one one of their 12 point runs and you all will start fighting with eachother and the game will be over. go ahead and get ur bus gassed up for the trip to chattanooga!!!

by the way columbia, shelbyville is the only team you have played this season that is worth a crap. and please dont say anything about ensworth and brentwood academy. they are terrible. ensworth would be about the 5th or 6th best team in this region.

I am a Shelbyville supporter not a Columbia fan. I think Oakland can beat Columbia due to their defense and coaching along with other players stepping up. Heck you picked Cookeville to beat Shelbyville because they only lost to you guys by two the last time you two played lol. I am not guaranteeing a Shelbyville win by any means but they certainly have the personnel to play with and beat Siegel. I was wrong last year and could be again who knows??? For you to say Columbia is overrated though and has no defense and is not athletic has been proved wrong on more than one occassion thus far. If Columbia is not athletic enough to play with any of these teams then I give up on trying to convince you otherwise but respectfully disagree. Both games should be great games IMO.

are you just trying to pick the underdogs or is that who you really think is going to win? first off, oakland doesnt have a chance against columbia without edwards.

To say that Oakland has "no chance" without Edwards is a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, for OP to say that he feels just as good going into tomorrow's game without Edwards as he would with him is a bit unrealistic as well. As is often the case, the truth lies somewhere in between. Losing any starter at this point in the season is cause for concern. However, I fully expect Oakland to give Columbia all they can handle and maybe even pull out a win. I haven't seen Columbia play, so I won't make a prediction other than it will still be a battle even without Edwards (and maybe that is the point OP was trying to make).

I think Siegel will need to play smarter then they did against Oakland in the D-champ (especially shot selection). I think Shelbville can be just as productive (if not more) in transition offense then Oakland was. I think Shelbyville also has a better ability to draw fouls then Oakland does. And finally, the Eagles have more numerous scoring options in which they can match baskets with Siegel if need be. Oakland executed a pretty solid gameplan, they just couldn't get a basket to stop the bleeding when Tate and Hammonds went to work inside during that 2 minute span in the 4th. Again, I haven't seen Shelbyville so I won't make a prediction other then this too will be a battle to the end.

CoachT strength of schedule ranks:

Columbia: 23

Shelbyville: 39

Oakland: 75

Siegel: 83

I don't necessarily agree that Siegel has the weakest schedule of the four, but we can at least say that by CoachT's particular measure of schedule strength, Columbia and Shelbyville have played schedules that are at least comparable to (and arguably tougher than) Siegel and Oakland.

I agree that BA is down, but Ensworth is solid. They just won the D-II State tourny. Would they crack the top 4 in this region, maybe not but they would definately give all 4 teams a run for sure. And that's far from "terrible" in my book.

To say that Oakland has "no chance" without Edwards is a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, for OP to say that he feels just as good going into tomorrow's game without Edwards as he would with him is a bit unrealistic as well. As is often the case, the truth lies somewhere in between. Losing any starter at this point in the season is cause for concern. However, I fully expect Oakland to give Columbia all they can handle and maybe even pull out a win. I haven't seen Columbia play, so I won't make a prediction other than it will still be a battle even without Edwards (and maybe that is the point OP was trying to make).

I think Siegel will need to play smarter then they did against Oakland in the D-champ (especially shot selection). I think Shelbville can be just as productive (if not more) in transition offense then Oakland was. I think Shelbyville also has a better ability to draw fouls then Oakland does. And finally, the Eagles have more numerous scoring options in which they can match baskets with Siegel if need be. Oakland executed a pretty solid gameplan, they just couldn't get a basket to stop the bleeding when Tate and Hammonds went to work inside during that 2 minute span in the 4th. Again, I haven't seen Shelbyville so I won't make a prediction other then this too will be a battle to the end.

CoachT strength of schedule ranks:

Columbia: 23

Shelbyville: 39

Oakland: 75

Siegel: 83

I don't necessarily agree that Siegel has the weakest schedule of the four, but we can at least say that by CoachT's particular measure of schedule strength, Columbia and Shelbyville have played schedules that are at least comparable to (and arguably tougher than) Siegel and Oakland.

I agree that BA is down, but Ensworth is solid. They just won the D-II State tourny. Would they crack the top 4 in this region, maybe not but they would definately give all 4 teams a run for sure. And that's far from "terrible" in my book.

ok u are looking at a coacht rating system that has columbia as the #3 team in the state. WOW. who has columbia played that is worth a flip? shelbyville is the only one i see. and as far as saying anything about ensworth winning the DII champ agianst father ryan...i watched oakland play father ryan at christmas. father ryan is terrible. i cant believe im even arguing this with you.

good luck to all teams tues. it should truely be a night of battles. put up or shut up at this point!!!!