Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

I agree that Hammonds size will definately project better in college. Question for Trey, will Andrews height limit his collegiate options? If he is going to play the 2 at the next level, I would think that he would need to grow at least a couple more inches. I haven't seen him play since he was a freshmen, but I know he elevates well on his jump shot and I assume he has a pretty quick release, but 5'-11" is a little undersized. Any potential for him to play the point in college?

I know of two SEC teams that have already expressed and interest in Andrews. Auburn and Kentucky. I'm sure Mississippi State will be looking as well because of Barry Stewart.

Andrews does have a disadvantage with his size, but makes up for it in his tremendous leaping ability and quickness. I have seen him take it up in a crowd and posterize much bigger guys dunking it right in there face. At Franklin County earlier this year he took a ally-oop pass in both hands, cocked it back with one hand and did a wind-mill dunk in traffic. I know dunking isn't everything, but his ability to do that is amazing. He plays much bigger than his 5' 11" height. If a guy can play ball division 1 will come calling. And yes, he can play point very well.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Hammonds size will definately project better in college. Question for Trey, will Andrews height limit his collegiate options? If he is going to play the 2 at the next level, I would think that he would need to grow at least a couple more inches. I haven't seen him play since he was a freshmen, but I know he elevates well on his jump shot and I assume he has a pretty quick release, but 5'-11" is a little undersized. Any potential for him to play the point in college?

His size will limit him in exposure but whoever gets him will get a great player. His elevation on his jump shot certainly helps him overcome the height advantage. I have no clue on if he has more height to add since he is only a junior but if he gets to 6'1'' he will be on a major division 1 team. I dont see him playing major division 1 ball as a PG because he is a true number 2. Kerry will have to develop his inside game more and get alot stronger to play for a major division 1 school and contribute. There are too many kids in the country with his size that have the complete inside outside game that are much stronger.

WHERE DOES THIS SAY NO DEFENSE??? ILLITERATE? And I meant No Offense as in No offense but I just noticed him shoot well. Not that he had no offense. He was ok off the dribble but didnt finish well inside probably because of our height I was at the game though hes a great player just second best in the region all around.

You may be right, but TRUE MVP'S don't choke!

Your right I am glad Kerry has another year left to redeem himself. I have a gut feeling Kerry will come back shooting free throws better next year. But to say he choked isnt fair. He single handedly brought Siegel back into that game. Last night him and Andrews exceeded my expectations. Btw Twilly Andrews Hammonds Tate and any player on either team to fill in at pf or center and the gold ball would definately come to Mid state. I will support Shelbyville if they make to to state. Hope they can win it all so we can say we were ousted by the best team in the state, but I hope Oakland wins more lol.

Your right I am glad Kerry has another year left to redeem himself. I have a gut feeling Kerry will come back shooting free throws better next year. But to say he choked isnt fair. He single handedly brought Siegel back into that game. Last night him and Andrews exceeded my expectations. Btw Twilly Andrews Hammonds Tate and any player on either team to fill in at pf or center and the gold ball would definately come to Mid state. I will support Shelbyville if they make to to state. Hope they can win it all so we can say we were ousted by the best team in the state, but I hope Oakland wins more lol.

I hope Shelbyville wins it all as well but there is too much talent at White Station, Bearden and Melrose. I hope I am wrong and they do win it all especially after what happened three years ago nothing surprises me anymore.

I know of two SEC teams that have already expressed and interest in Andrews. Auburn and Kentucky. I'm sure Mississippi State will be looking as well because of Barry Stewart.

Andrews does have a disadvantage with his size, but makes up for it in his tremendous leaping ability and quickness. I have seen him take it up in a crowd and posterize much bigger guys dunking it right in there face. At Franklin County earlier this year he took a ally-oop pass in both hands, cocked it back with one hand and did a wind-mill dunk in traffic. I know dunking isn't everything, but his ability to do that is amazing. He plays much bigger than his 5' 11" height. If a guy can play ball division 1 will come calling. And yes, he can play point very well.

you cant be serious. Andrews has some serious hops but for him to catch an oop with two hands, ###### it back and then windmill in traffic. I dont think Lebron can do that.

on a side all of the arguing is very comical both players are VERY good. So I will give me assessment of both and I am neutral on the subject well somewhat.

Ill start with Kerry because I have seen him play since his 7th grade year.

Strengths- He's a very good shooter, with long arms and good athletic abilty can obviously jump out of the gym and and is a pretty good helpside defender as evident by the amount of blocked shots he gets playing the guard /forward position.

Weaknesses- Needs to work on his ball handling seems a bit shaky at times when dealing with constant pressure. Mid range game i would like to see him take his man off of the dribble and pull up for the 15 footer when defenders take the three ball away. still needs to get stronger and quicker

Now Andrews( I have only seen him play twice so...)

Strengths- Volume scorer when a big bucket is needed you better not leave him open, as a matter of fact you better not let him get the ball. Great shooter, tremendous hops( listed as 5'11 i think he is closer to 5'8 or 5'9) good ball handling ability seems to be a good on the ball defender.

weaknesses- small(not really his fault and nothing he can do about it though just has to make the most of it) although I think he is a good passer i would like to see him make others better, by distributing the ball I know twilley is the point guard, but if he was wants to play in college I think he needs to learn how to run the team from that spot. ( I could see him in an Iverson type role when he was at Georgetown) not saying the kid is Iverson just saying I think if he can run the point next year, distribute and a get others involved and still get his point his stock will rise tremendously

Both are great players and both have things they need to work on but with that being said I would love to see both of them Wearing MTSU uniforms in two years

you cant be serious. Andrews has some serious hops but for him to catch an oop with two hands, ###### it back and then windmill in traffic. I dont think Lebron can do that.

on a side all of the arguing is very comical both players are VERY good. So I will give me assessment of both and I am neutral on the subject well somewhat.

Ill start with Kerry because I have seen him play since his 7th grade year.

Strengths- He's a very good shooter, with long arms and good athletic abilty can obviously jump out of the gym and and is a pretty good helpside defender as evident by the amount of blocked shots he gets playing the guard /forward position.

Weaknesses- Needs to work on his ball handling seems a bit shaky at times when dealing with constant pressure. Mid range game i would like to see him take his man off of the dribble and pull up for the 15 footer when defenders take the three ball away. still needs to get stronger

Now Andrews( I have only seen him play twice so...)

Strengths- Volume scorer when a big bucket is needed you better not leave him open, as a matter of fact you better not let him get the ball. Great shooter, tremendous hops( listed as 5'11 i think he is closer to 5'8 or 5'9) good ball handling ability seems to be a good on the ball defender.

weaknesses- small(not really his fault though just has to make the most of it) although I think he is a good passer i would like to see him make others better, by distributing the ball I know twilley is the point guard, but if he was wants to play in college I think he needs to learn how to run the team from that spot. ( I could see him in an Iverson type role when he was at Georgetown) not saying the kid is Iverson just saying I think if he can run the point next year, distribute and a get others involved and still get his point his stock will rise tremendously

Both are great players and both have things they need to work on but with that being said I would love to see both of them Wearing MTSU uniforms in two years

After seeing Hammon play only once, I agree with your assessment.

AND- I will see if i can get the film of Andrews and his FC jam and post it on youtube. The FC crowd cheered when he did it. He brought it down hard!

Yeah and I respect that, but I saw Andrews do nothing very well, no offense, but shoot the basketball, Kerry can pass well, rebound well, and has an excellent knack for blocking shots. I dont care what Slim Thug said, Kerry defended well last night they put him on someone that didnt touch the ball much to save his legs. He guarded Andrews on one of the 3's he hit. If Andrews was taller he would be a better all around player then he is today, but if Shaq was 6 feet he wouldnt be in the NBA if you catch my drift.

and just to be honest, both are good players just different player, but who expected such a great game last night I could not have at all. I hope all the Oakland fans got their to see that good of a game as well. OakPat did you see it? If so what were your thoughts.

I did see it, after all, I had to scope out the competition. It was a game that truly lived up to the hype. Oakland-Columbia on the other hand............

I suspect you are correct about the youth element. I assure you that I don't judge Shelbyville by the certain few. Should be a good game Thursday. I think Shelbyville will be better suited to push the ball on occasion. Oakland's defense will keep it close; however, I believe Shelbyville's firepower will be too much. If Hockenberry and Adams are connecting outside then Oakland could pull it off, but if they are relying solely on Hughes to carry them then it may be a long night.

I think last night proved that when one guy goes down, the rest step up. I feel like this game could either be one borne out of the halfcourt sets or it could be a track meet. I think Tyler's injury has galvanized Oakland into playing even harder than what they usually do. If your merely go off the box scores, you would have to argue that Oakland has more firepower than Shelbyville. I think these teams are pretty darn even.........

I suspect you are correct about the youth element. I assure you that I don't judge Shelbyville by the certain few. Should be a good game Thursday. I think Shelbyville will be better suited to push the ball on occasion. Oakland's defense will keep it close; however, I believe Shelbyville's firepower will be too much. If Hockenberry and Adams are connecting outside then Oakland could pull it off, but if they are relying solely on Hughes to carry them then it may be a long night.

Jamal usually gets his points within the game!

Are you trying to say Shelbyville is gonna get in Oakland??

I'd be shocked.

Whos the firepower?