Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

I would rather have Hughes than Hammonds because of his ability to take it strong to the hole. He handles the ball better in my opinion. He seems to have level head as well.

They all have their unique strengths, which is why they are all special players. People look at the ppg, but Jamal contributes in all phases. Hopefully college scouts will take notice down the road.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to you, but go check most college pg's stat lines, they usually can score too. To be honest your offense is way to simple for the King not to be able to stop. Glad you got past us but with Oakland it doesnt get any easier.

Actually Shelbyville does a TON of things to get Andrews the ball....much more than most teams we play.

I SAW WHERE HAMMONDS WANTED TO GO TO UNC IN UR LOCAL PAPER. THEY MIGHT LET HIM BE THE TOWELL BOY OR MANAGER. HE IS SUN BELT CONFRENCE MATERIAL AT BEST. MY SISTER CAN DRIBBLE BETTER THAN HIM. HE HAS NO HANDLES AT ALL

I like the Kerry Hammonds a lot. I would love to see him in Maroon and White!;)

Tonight's game should be barn burner. I hope both teams play well and we both go on to the glass house and show everyone that this Region is the real deal. I think the two best coaches in the region are facing one another tonight and I know there is mutual respect between the two. We will see two class acts on display tonight. And Shelbyville is bringing a crowd....so the house should be rocking! Can't Wait!

Definitely the 2 best coaches in the region. It was a great game.

Congrats Oakland. Great game and effort by two class teams that are coached by two of the best coaches in the state. The chattanooga teams play no defense and jack threes all night with no inside game. I think we will both make it to the glass house. Lets Git-R-Done!

Would love to see both these teams at MTSU

I would rather have Hughes than Hammonds because of his ability to take it strong to the hole. He handles the ball better in my opinion. He seems to have level head as well.

Hughes finished around the basket better than any player I have seen in a long long time.

Randymac,. How many of the Dist/Region State tourn. has Coach King been the head coach. I know he was an Asst coach for a time at Oakland?

I believe his 1st season was 1985-86 if I am not sure and was an assistant for Dickie Thomas before that

I'll lose track but:

1990 district co-champs with cookeville (regular season), (1st championship I think) 2nd in tournament, region semi loss to Lincoln Co

1991 district champs, tourney champs, and region champs, state 1st round loss to Ronnie McMahon and McMinn Co in OT

1992 district champs, tourney champs and region runner ups lost to state champion Brainered in substate

1993 district champs, tourney champs and region champs, state semis loss to state champion Sylvester Ford Memphis Farley (runner up was region runner up columbia)

1994 district champs, tourney champs and region runner ups (I think), state 1st round loss to MBA

1995 district champs, not sure about tourney, upset in region semis by Shelbyville

1996 district champs, tourney champs and region champions (I think) state semis OT loss to state champion Tony Harris and Memphis East

1997 - 2001 sketchy for me, those were the white co glory years (one was a region championship and OT subsate loss to brainerd)

2002 district champs, tourney champs, region runner ups to shelbyville...remember this one well, lost in substate to bradley i think

2003 district champs, tourney runner up to Blackman, region semi loss to columbia

2004 district champs, tournament 3rd, region champs over shelbyville, substate loss to Rhea Co

2005 district runner up, tournament runner up to siegel, region runner up to siegel, substate loss to cleveland

2006 district champs, tourney 3rd place, region semi loss to siegel

2007 district champs, tourney champs, region champs, state semis 3 OT loss to Clarksville

2008 runner up in district, tourney 3rd, region semi loss to white co

2009 runner up in district, tourney 2nd, region champs, To be continued.....

Might have messed something up somewhere....but that's what i can remember

All I can say is BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Oakland's dreams are coming true.

Reminder that in 1984, Oakland won their first football state championship and won the silver in men's bball. We won the state this yr...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ten yrs after we won the last one......karma???

I believe his 1st season was 1985-86 if I am not sure and was an assistant for Dickie Thomas before that

I'll lose track but:

1990 district co-champs with cookeville (regular season), (1st championship I think) 2nd in tournament, region semi loss to Lincoln Co

1991 district champs, tourney champs, and region champs, state 1st round loss to Ronnie McMahon and McMinn Co in OT

1992 district champs, tourney champs and region runner ups lost to state champion Brainered in substate

1993 district champs, tourney champs and region champs, state semis loss to state champion Sylvester Ford Memphis Farley (runner up was region runner up columbia)

1994 district champs, tourney champs and region runner ups (I think), state 1st round loss to MBA

1995 district champs, not sure about tourney, upset in region semis by Shelbyville

1996 district champs, tourney champs and region champions (I think) state semis OT loss to state champion Tony Harris and Memphis East

1997 - 2001 sketchy for me, those were the white co glory years (one was a region championship and OT subsate loss to brainerd)

2002 district champs, tourney champs, region runner ups to shelbyville...remember this one well, lost in substate to bradley i think

2003 district champs, tourney runner up to Blackman, region semi loss to columbia

2004 district champs, tournament 3rd, region champs over shelbyville, substate loss to Rhea Co

2005 district runner up, tournament runner up to siegel, region runner up to siegel, substate loss to cleveland

2006 district champs, tourney 3rd place, region semi loss to siegel

2007 district champs, tourney champs, region champs, state semis 3 OT loss to Clarksville

2008 runner up in district, tourney 3rd, region semi loss to white co

2009 runner up in district, tourney 2nd, region champs, To be continued.....

Might have messed something up somewhere....but that's what i can remember

Best I can tell by your list, Oakland under coach King has made the sub-state 10 times. Lost in 5 and made the State 5 times, losing twice in the first round and 3 times in the semifinals. I thought they made the championship game one year??

All I can say is BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Oakland's dreams are coming true.

Reminder that in 1984, Oakland won their first football state championship and won the silver in men's bball. We won the state this yr...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ten yrs after we won the last one......karma???

Lets get to state first..............

Well I think it was more about the adjustments Oakland made in the 2nd half. Shelbyville came out and gave Oakland their very best early on, fortunately Oakland was able to stay somewhat close and give Shelbyville their best shot in the 2nd half. You will have a ticket waiting for ya monday night should you decide to come.................

19 points, but to be honest, it felt like 30, he is so remarkably clutch.

Jamal had 26 for the game. It is amazing sometimes how unselfish he is, there are times when Oakland needs him to take over, and you almost have to force the offense in such a way to where it revolves around him for him to do so. He doesnt get the name recongnition that Hammonds and Andrews do, but night in and night out, hes just as much of a gamer.

I wanted to congratulate Oakland on an impressive win last night. It could have gone either way, but they made big shots at big times and fought through a lot of adversity in the first half. Shelbyville had numerous chances to win or at least tie the game, but just couldn't get the job done. Also, why in the world was that officiating crew put in that game after having the Shelbyville-Siegel game Tuesday? They did a poor job then and another very poor job last night in my opinion on both ends. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever for either team on either end of the court. Sometimes touchy calls and sometimes letting guys get hammered. It was very bad. All that said, Oakland deserved to win the game, so please don't get me wrong.

On another note, I've been extremely impressed by the classiness of this thread as well as all the knowledge from everyone. It has been very refreshing. These are two terrific basketball teams with terrific head coaches and I think both will win Monday night...Oakland should win big and I think Shelbyville will pull it out because of their experience in close games against tough competition all season.

By the way, a shout out to all the Shelbyville fans and students for their support. To out-number the local Murfreesboro teams and fans by a fairly wide margin was very impressive. My guess is many will make the trip to Walker Valley Monday night. Good luck to the Patriots and the Eagles!

I wanted to congratulate Oakland on an impressive win last night. It could have gone either way, but they made big shots at big times and fought through a lot of adversity in the first half. Shelbyville had numerous chances to win or at least tie the game, but just couldn't get the job done. Also, why in the world was that officiating crew put in that game after having the Shelbyville-Siegel game Tuesday? They did a poor job then and another very poor job last night in my opinion on both ends. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever for either team on either end of the court. Sometimes touchy calls and sometimes letting guys get hammered. It was very bad. All that said, Oakland deserved to win the game, so please don't get me wrong.

On another note, I've been extremely impressed by the classiness of this thread as well as all the knowledge from everyone. It has been very refreshing. These are two terrific basketball teams with terrific head coaches and I think both will win Monday night...Oakland should win big and I think Shelbyville will pull it out because of their experience in close games against tough competition all season.

By the way, a shout out to all the Shelbyville fans and students for their support. To out-number the local Murfreesboro teams and fans by a fairly wide margin was very impressive. My guess is many will make the trip to Walker Valley Monday night. Good luck to the Patriots and the Eagles!

The Walker Valley gym holds 1600 people and we are getting 800 of the tickets. They will be sold out i'm sure. We will be invading the place. LOL

Good luck Monday Night! Hope we get to play again in the glass house!

The Walker Valley gym holds 1600 people and we are getting 800 of the tickets. They will be sold out i'm sure. We will be invading the place. LOL

Good luck Monday Night! Hope we get to play again in the glass house!

Best of luck to both , Oakland and Shelbyville , in there quest for a state championship. For what it's worth the "SWAMI" sees both teams advancing in their sub-state games. Go Region 4aaa !!! The "SWAMI" has spoken.