REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everybody think? who is the favorite?

LA IS DEFINETLY THE FAVORITE . I WOULD ALSO SAY LA AND UPPERMAN ARE THE FAVORITES TO MEET IN THE FINALS. UPPERMAN COULD PLAY SC IN THE SEMIS IF THEY BOTH WIN AND WITH THE HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE YOU WOULD THINK UPPERMAN WOULD BE THE FAVORITE ESPECIALLY AFTER UPPERMAN ALREADY BEAT STATION CAMP THIS YEAR AT SC. BUT SC HAS CAME TOGETHER AS A TEAM SINCE THEN SO IT COULD GO EITHER WAY.

WHITE HOUSE IS A TEAM FULL OF ATHLETES AND IF THEY COME TO PLAY THEY CAN BE DANGEROUS. IVE HEARD DEKALB IS PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR ALSO. SO THAT 1ST ROUND GAME COULD BE EXCITING.

ALSO GREENBRIER IS VERY WELL COACHED AND COULD POSSIBLY GIVE UPPERMAN A GAME.

I'M PULLING FOR WHITE HOUSE AND STATION CAMP TO GO TO THE FINALS. BUT IF IM GONNA PREDICT I WOULD SAY LA AND SC IN THE FINALS WITH LA HAVING TOO MANY GOOD SHOOTERS AND SHOULD WIN THE TOURNEY.

LA IS DEFINETLY THE FAVORITE . I WOULD ALSO SAY LA AND UPPERMAN ARE THE FAVORITES TO MEET IN THE FINALS. UPPERMAN COULD PLAY SC IN THE SEMIS IF THEY BOTH WIN AND WITH THE HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE YOU WOULD THINK UPPERMAN WOULD BE THE FAVORITE ESPECIALLY AFTER UPPERMAN ALREADY BEAT STATION CAMP THIS YEAR AT SC. BUT SC HAS CAME TOGETHER AS A TEAM SINCE THEN SO IT COULD GO EITHER WAY.

WHITE HOUSE IS A TEAM FULL OF ATHLETES AND IF THEY COME TO PLAY THEY CAN BE DANGEROUS. IVE HEARD DEKALB IS PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR ALSO. SO THAT 1ST ROUND GAME COULD BE EXCITING.

I'M PULLING FOR WHITE HOUSE AND STATION CAMP TO GO TO THE FINALS. BUT IF IM GONNA PREDICT I WOULD SAY LA AND SC IN THE FINALS WITH LA HAVING TOO MANY GOOD SHOOTERS AND SHOULD WIN THE TOURNEY.

Caps lock button is normally located on the left side of your keyboard.

You're a little confused. Upperman didn't beat Station Camp at Station Camp. LA did. Station Camp beat Upperman at Upperman. Not that any of that matters now. Just thought I'd clear that up.

i second the notion. but definitely wont happen. i hate that upperman has the homecourt advantage. i wish we could find neutral sites for districts and regions. this shows the best team w/o someone having homecourt. good luck to all teams

It matters this year b/c they have a real good team. But what about next year when they lose practically their whole team. Will we even be mentioning a change of venue.

I have only seen the last LA/Upperman game and I do not think that LA is the better team. Upperman played as poorly as I have seen them play in a while and only lost by 9 and had many chances to take the game from LA. Baxter did not play well, Christian did not play well, and Taylor sat the bench in foul trouble for most of the 2nd half. Granted both teams are really good, however, I feel that Upperman is the better team, when they play well. Just an opinion. Don't crucify me for it. I look for a rematch in the Region Finals and expect it to be as good as the last one. I think Coach McWilliams finds a way to slow down Jenkins and gets past Station Camp in the Semis. I say slow down, Jenkins probably still goes for 30+. Coach McWilliams found a way to beat the Corey Brewer Portland team a few years ago and he does it again this year against Station Camp.

Just looking ahead to possible Finals matchups, whether it is Station Camp/ LA or another LA/Upperman match... I wonder if a change of venue should or could take place and play the game at Tech. I know that just the crowd at the LA/Upperman game last night would not have been able to fit in Upperman's gym... And if TSSAA is in it for the $$$ and/or the showcasing the games/kids, either of these possible region finals would draw much interest 'round these parts in the UC and mid-state.

Is it possible or does it have to play out at Upperman?

I didn't bring up the issue with any intent or thought of Upperman having Home-court advantage... I brought it up just because of the great interest and crowd that either finals matchup mentioned above would bring...

I have only seen the last LA/Upperman game and I do not think that LA is the better team. Upperman played as poorly as I have seen them play in a while and only lost by 9 and had many chances to take the game from LA. Baxter did not play well, Christian did not play well, and Taylor sat the bench in foul trouble for most of the 2nd half. Granted both teams are really good, however, I feel that Upperman is the better team, when they play well. Just an opinion. Don't crucify me for it. I look for a rematch in the Region Finals and expect it to be as good as the last one. I think Coach McWilliams finds a way to slow down Jenkins and gets past Station Camp in the Semis. I say slow down, Jenkins probably still goes for 30+. Coach McWilliams found a way to beat the Corey Brewer Portland team a few years ago and he does it again this year against Station Camp.

well dunn did not play to the best of his ability, nor west, nor ramsey. we can make excuses and all of that, but it is over so why go back to the last game? livingston in my opinion is better than them and i dont see that changin within the next couple weeks.