REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

Oh, come on. Quit crying. Just "squeeze" a little closer to your neighbor. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If I'd gotten any closer, I could have been accused of molestation. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a game went on tonight at Upperman High. Jenkins is an outstanding player and he is moving on to bigger things. Good win for Upperman...round 4 thursday. However, on a side note, I think it was pathetic that the game announcer only said Jenkins name what...um...3 times the whole game? And thats probably pushing it. I'm not sure how many he had, somewhere around 41? His name should have been called quite a bit. Great job on not recognizing a great player GATORBILL.

SINCERELY,

WILDCAT324

Excuse me? Jenkins name was announced in the following manner:

1) Starting Lineups

2) Every time he scored

3) Every time he re-entered the game.

4) Each of the very few fouls that were actually called on him

"Basket by Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket.....by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Foul on #12, John Jenkins, his first team third"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Foul on #12, John Jenkins. His 2nd. team 4th"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

Yeah, Something like that. There was not one single time where I did not recognize Jenkins, or anyone else on his team, over the PA. Infact, the only basket I missed of the night was the Baxter 3 pointer to open the 2nd half, and that is because there was so much going on behind the table that I missed the basket.

I am there to do a job, not to be a fan. And fan or not, I would never be disrespectful to a player or a team. Im sorry you didnt hear it. but it was there. He was treated just like everyone else.

oh, maybe that was the problem.

Edit: It has been 25 min since I posted this, and it is still bothering me. Where were you sitting? I dont know why there was a problem. We had the sound up, the bass turned down, trying to make sure that the volume was there for the larger crowd. It took us a while to get the feedback problem figured out, but I just do not understand this one. I am a bit baffled.

Oh, come on. Quit crying. Just "squeeze" a little closer to your neighbor. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

and your neighbor's neighbor.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I tried to keep it light, and make it as entertaining as possible.

My daughter got stuck in the Station Camp section. She said there were plenty of seats available near her.

She also said that the girl in front of her was either

1) JJ's gf

or

2) Wanted to be JJ's gf.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

said that the girl tried to chase down the refs after the first foul on Jenkins. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> She had to be restrained by the rest of the crowd.

Good stuff.

Excuse me? Jenkins name was announced in the following manner:

1) Starting Lineups

2) Every time he scored

3) Every time he re-entered the game.

4) Each of the very few fouls that were actually called on him

"Basket by Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Foul on #12, John Jenkins, his first team third"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

"Foul on #12, John Jenkins. His 2nd. team 4th"

"Basket by John Jenkins"

Yeah, Something like that. There was not one single time where I did not recognize Jenkins, or anyone else on his team, over the PA. Infact, the only basket I missed of the night was the Baxter 3 pointer to open the 2nd half, and that is because there was so much going on behind the table that I missed the basket.

I am there to do a job, not to be a fan. And fan or not, I would never be disrespectful to a player or a team. Im sorry you didnt hear it. but it was there. He was treated just like everyone else.

oh, maybe that was the problem.

Edit: It has been 25 min since I posted this, and it is still bothering me. Where were you sitting? I dont know why there was a problem. We had the sound up, the bass turned down, trying to make sure that the volume was there for the larger crowd. It took us a while to get the feedback problem figured out, but I just do not understand this one. I am a bit baffled.

From what I hear you do a great job on the PA. I wouldn't let that bother me if I were you b/c Wildcat324 is probably pulling your chain.

and your neighbor's neighbor.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I tried to keep it light, and make it as entertaining as possible.

Those with a seat might have seen the humor. Those standing probably didn't. It's easier to "keep it light" when you have a seat.

From what I hear you do a great job on the PA. I wouldn't let that bother me if I were you b/c Wildcat324 is probably pulling your chain.

Thanks RC. I am trying. I want to make sure that I am always respectful to the visiting teams. They have Moms and Dads in the stands also (and gf's!!) and everyone likes a little positive attention now and then. I even go as far as trying to give the visiting teams substitutions first, so that if I miss someone it usually ends up being an Upperman kid, and I can catch up on that later. (MOM, PUT THE BOOK DOWN, YOUR KID IS COMING IN THE GAME!!!)

Trying to be fair, so he hit a bit of a sensitive spot. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

thanks again.

Those with a seat might have seen the humor. Those standing probably didn't. It's easier to "keep it light" when you have a seat.

understood. I wish I had known about the empty seats in the SC section while the game was going, I would have pointed them out.

Lets pack that place again tonight and tomorrow, and we can do it better this time now that we have a little practice!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Contrats to LA and to Upperman. I'm still hoping for both teams to make it to the 'Boro, we'll see.

Last night was the first time I say JJ in person. He is a fine basketball player and I hope he leverages that talent to get the best education Vandy offers.