CHATTANOOGA TEAM CAMP !

utcsoccer

The first.............Still don't get the question blink.gif Are you asking why so many UTC players seem to leave and move on to other schools during their college career?

We all need some "flowering up" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Mmmmm...Not sure that I really want to answer that question yet, My daughter has not picked which college she would like to attend. As for an educational school UTC is a good college, my wife graduated from there and she liked it. My thoughts on my kids going to college is much like yours and Canes...Education First ...Sports second.

I'll let Champsdds and Chas answner the question.

Disastergirl why didn't you choose UTC? Oh wait you just wanted to get away from your dad and brothers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken my team to this camp the last two years and have gotten great results. This camp gives the players an excellent opportunity to get their touch back on the ball, spend quality time with good instructors (ours is always from the same college and she does a great job with the girls) but most importantly it gives the girls a chance to spend time together out of their comfort zone. Any out of town camp will do this, I simply enjoy Chattanooga becuase of the great facilities, great staff they have, and the organization of the camp. I know Coach Shelton at Siegel takes his team as well each year and of course it has paid dividends for them as well. I agree that this is not a forum for anyone to advertise, but there is certainly no reason to think that this camp is inferior to any others........everyone is entitled to their opinion. As with anything, you get out however much you put in to any situation.

I have taken my team to this camp the last two years and have gotten great results. This camp gives the players an excellent opportunity to get their touch back on the ball, spend quality time with good instructors (ours is always from the same college and she does a great job with the girls) but most importantly it gives the girls a chance to spend time together out of their comfort zone. Any out of town camp will do this, I simply enjoy Chattanooga becuase of the great facilities, great staff they have, and the organization of the camp. I know Coach Shelton at Siegel takes his team as well each year and of course it has paid dividends for them as well. I agree that this is not a forum for anyone to advertise, but there is certainly no reason to think that this camp is inferior to any others........everyone is entitled to their opinion. As with anything, you get out however much you put in to any situation.

Watson which team are you with...The only schools that I am aware that goes to this camp is Siegel and ND.

Ravenwood.

I just read Sheltons post on this subject and I must say I whole heartedly agree. The last two years at our post season banquet my girls talk about their best memory from the years coming from camp. Not who we beat, how many games, we won, or anything else......but rather the great experiences they had at camp. Any time you go to a residential camp you afford your players the opportunity to create these types of memories, but for us as coaches, we also have to make sure they are getting something positive out of it as soccer players. Our coach is from the University of West Georgia and she does a great job with challenging our girls and helping us get ready for the season. Marissa and I talk often times during the regular season, whether she is just checking to see how the girls are doing, or offering advise from things she observed during the camp week, we have built a solid relationship and i always look forward to our girls having the opportunity to work with her. Coach Kyzer does a great job giving us coaches a chance to interact with one another and talk about soccer and pick each others brains. He also gives us access to his trainers and staff at UTC and allows us to pick their brains on various issues, it is a great situation.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I know for a fact that we have taken our program to a new level and the team camp at UTC has been an integral part of our preparation the last two years. The bottom line is that we as coaches should always be looking for new ways to make our programs better and make the experience better for our players. We have found great success with this, some have found it with others. Wherever you find that success you need to simply find it and assure that your players get the most out of their high school soccer experience.

Disastergirl why didn't you choose UTC? Oh wait you just wanted to get away from your dad and brothers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Disasgtergirl is only a junior, so hasn't had to make her choice yet.

As far as the general go/stay UTC/No-UTC Do it for the Team/Recruiting Questions

1. $$$, especially in this economy, is a factor.

2. Going away to camp, versus doing something local may go a long way toward building "team". If I have any criticism of UTC, for Notre Dame it's too close for us, as our players don't do the residential side.

3. I think going with the team should be about the team, and if there is any looking/recruiting going on, that's a bonus. Having said that, you can/should consider going to a school's camp as a solo if you really want to consider going there and have the talent level to play at that school, but haven't had the opportunity to get in front of their coaches. Amy Porter (Bearden) is a prime example of this. She wanted to play for LSU, so she went to their camp the summer before her senior year. I don't know that if was the only factor/exposure, but it is my understanding that being in front of the LSU coaching staff for a week at camp made all the difference for her.

My hats off to Miss Porter. And your point is well taken. If you do a little bit of research, a very large majority of recruits had a bar to reach. In the case of LSU, achieving a status of Regional Team in ODP was usually the minimum to be considered. It would also be no coincidence that the LSU coach is the Region III ODP coach. (whatta da chances?)

Again Great job Miss Porter.

Way too much to write here on camps, may not be a bad idea to splinter a few of these topics off.

For instance.....camp for team bonding? Perhaps there are much better camps for this (may even be less expensive) if they were not soccer camps. All kidding aside, one of the largest obstacles a couple of teams deal with are the anuual issues.....JV vs Varsity (who made which), this club playing with member sof another club on the same team, who's starting and who isn't, and the Fresh, Soph, Jr 0 Sr Struggle...underclassman out play the upper classman. A lot of that may be better handled off the soccer field.

Still don't get the question /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Are you asking why so many UTC players seem to leave and move on to other schools during their college career? Or are you asking what should players do between graduation and their college freshmen year?

Mr. MVM....I like that /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> And a flower to brighten your day Mr.Dog.

There are at least three girls on the UTC roster posted on this thread that have left for other schools

There are at least three girls on the UTC roster posted on this thread that have left for other schools

I think the question is "why did they leave?"

While my son was playing in college there were many players that came and went during his 4 years. Some left because of grades, playing time, personalty conflicts with the coaches, cost, and some because of burn out. It's been my limited experience that this is a some what common occurrence with college programs.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think the question is "why did they leave?"

While my son was playing in college there were many players that came and went during his 4 years. Some left because of grades, playing time, personalty conflicts with the coaches, cost, and some because of burn out. It's been my limited experience that this is a some what common occurrence with college programs.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you feel the need to talk about UTC womens soccer then it needs its own thread and it should not be "chatt team camp."

get back on topic or crete a new thread!

If you feel the need to talk about UTC womens soccer then it needs its own thread and it should not be "chatt team camp."

get back on topic or crete a new thread!

No I'm done ...But I'll end with this. Usually these team camp threads might get 100 views at best this one got over 700.

Mmmmm...Not sure that I really want to answer that question yet, My daughter has not picked which college she would like to attend. As for an educational school UTC is a good college, my wife graduated from there and she liked it. My thoughts on my kids going to college is much like yours and Canes...Education First ...Sports second.

I'll let Champsdds and Chas answner the question.

I think UTC is great. Love Chattanooga and fully believe my daughter would be there if she was just attending college, but since she wanted to continue with soccer, she chose another school. We have friends kids there and some of my daughter's buddies are UTC bound. Really don't want to go further, no dog.......................................................... . /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

EDIT COMMENTS:

Didn't read up to see my ole buddy CS1 had joined us. I'm done as well, sorry to get off track, as if, we don't do it even when told, "POST ONLY SCORES". I have nothing but best wishes for the UTC camp and Program.