Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

Would someone who cares or cared so much about the program and the Kids walk out on them and the other coaches days or weeks before the start of the season like he did in 2003 or 2004 not sure which year. Is that caring ? Also I am told he was turned down by the present coach and others came in to secure the hire.

You clearly don't know him, at all. And you don't know the story behind that. I know the story (I've been told by multiple sources that aren't him) but I'm not sure he would appreciate his business being all over this place. What it comes down to is that he had his reasons, he explained himself to the players and everyone understood. It's easy to say "he was a quitter and he didn't really care" without knowing the facts.

You're really splitting hairs. You make it sound like Mullins alone was doing all the hiring....there were many people involved with the process. Mullins wanted Blade, and Blade was hired. If the search committee hired the right guy, then everyone on it should get credit for a good hire...you can't say everyone BUT Mike Mullins gets credit, that's illogical.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You clearly don't know him, at all. And you don't know the story behind that. I know the story (I've been told by multiple sources that aren't him) but I'm not sure he would appreciate his business being all over this place. What it comes down to is that he had his reasons, he explained himself to the players and everyone understood. It's easy to say "he was a quitter and he didn't really care" without knowing the facts.

You're really splitting hairs. You make it sound like Mullins alone was doing all the hiring....there were many people involved with the process. Mullins wanted Blade, and Blade was hired. If the search committee hired the right guy, then everyone on it should get credit for a good hire...you can't say everyone BUT Mike Mullins gets credit, that's illogical.

You have not been concerned with other people's business being spread all over the place by yourself and others until now that is strange. There is no acceptable reason for a coach at that point in the pre-season to quit short of a family emergency and we both know that was not the case. I know exactly what happened and a true Wildcat or someone who cared about the program more than themselves would have found a way to fight and not run away. There are other instances of him being self serving but I don't think they belong on here at least not at this point. By the way they had a great season that year and several more after that.

You have not been concerned with other people's business being spread all over the place by yourself and others until now that is strange. There is no acceptable reason for a coach at that point in the pre-season to quit short of a family emergency and we both know that was not the case. I know exactly what happened and a true Wildcat or someone who cared about the program more than themselves would have found a way to fight and not run away. There are other instances of him being self serving but I don't think they belong on here at least not at this point. By the way they had a great season that year and several more after that.

I've said nothing the people I've talked about haven't told me I could say. They read this stuff too.

Ohhh.. I'm sorry that you felt Mullins walked out on you.. I hope the other coaches or at least your Mommy & Daddy were there to help you through it.

You must have really felt abandoned when SS told coaches & fans that he was coming back this year & then decided to resign! How do you feel about that?

I have a question to all of you Mike Mullins's fans? Here's the situation, during Coach Stevens second season coaching, Coach Stevens had an informal get together (interpret this how you please) with his players, which from my understanding, wasn't allowed under TSSAA rules. Mike Mullins told Coach Stevens he had a moral and ethical obligation to report this to the TSSAA, and he did. The question is, will Mike Mullins, the AD, do the same to Coach Blades. He's having informal get together with his players. To me, I think Mike Mullin's principles are at stake on this one.

Here's another question about the program. Will Barry Saunders, aka kicking coach, report to the public everything coach Blades is doing good or bad? He seemed to start bashing Coach Stevens halfway through the season. Several people have heard conversations involving Coach Saunders bashing the program. When will he get started?

I have a question to all of you Mike Mullins's fans? Here's the situation, during Coach Stevens second season coaching, Coach Stevens had an informal get together (interpret this how you please) with his players, which from my understanding, wasn't allowed under TSSAA rules. Mike Mullins told Coach Stevens he had a moral and ethical obligation to report this to the TSSAA, and he did. The question is, will Mike Mullins, the AD, do the same to Coach Blades. He's having informal get together with his players. To me, I think Mike Mullin's principles are at stake on this one.

Here's another question about the program. Will Barry Saunders, aka kicking coach, report to the public everything coach Blades is doing good or bad? He seemed to start bashing Coach Stevens halfway through the season. Several people have heard conversations involving Coach Saunders bashing the program. When will he get started?

I am sure Coach Mullins will report & advise,

I am not sure that you are anyone to lecture anyone on Character.

But it is knife to hear from you Coach S!

Well if Coach Blade decides to break TSSAA rules (which as of yet, he hasn't) then I'm sure Mullins will do the right thing.

It's only wrong if Barry says something that is false, which he didn't.

I've said nothing the people I've talked about haven't told me I could say. They read this stuff too.

Young and confused Ram you need to go back and read some of your posts a little closer.I don't believe you asked permission to speak on and about everything you have said about others. Not that I think you need to but your the one that said you had. If the A.D. and others who really have a position of importance with the program or school read this stuff we are in a bad way.

Ohhh.. I'm sorry that you felt Mullins walked out on you.. I hope the other coaches or at least your Mommy & Daddy were there to help you through it.

You must have really felt abandoned when SS told coaches & fans that he was coming back this year & then decided to resign! How do you feel about that?

It's not about walking out me or how I felt. It is about teaching young people not to quit and give up at the first sign of a little adversity. If they see their coach quit it makes easier for them to quit. That is what my coaches and all good coaches try to instill. This has nothing to do with SS he was a head coach our A.D. never was nor will he be.

It's not about walking out me or how I felt. It is about teaching young people not to quit and give up at the first sign of a little adversity. If they see their coach quit it makes easier for them to quit. That is what my coaches and all good coaches try to instill. This has nothing to do with SS he was a head coach our A.D. never was nor will he be.

It sounds like everything you are saying is hearsay; I have met him & have talked with him many times RE: the direction of this program, I am Impressed with the man.

I'm sure you have a problem with Joe & Bruce as well right?

All I am hearing is what you think happened.

It's not like he pulled a knife on someone, or cursed a player.. Or pushed another coach or anything..

All Coach Mullins is done is make this Program better. Period..

I called the ORPD to put out an APB out on Jeff ...I mean Nick Orlando, is he at your house?

Young and confused Ram you need to go back and read some of your posts a little closer.I don't believe you asked permission to speak on and about everything you have said about others. Not that I think you need to but your the one that said you had. If the A.D. and others who really have a position of importance with the program or school read this stuff we are in a bad way.

Yes the people I've talked about have seen what I've posted and said they're ok with what I've said. I've made sure. Stuff that they didn't think I should have said was quickly edited and deleted. There's nothing wrong with reading what's said here, they're not posting or making decisions based on what's said here. They usually just laugh!

So, back to football. I've seen a positive turn, just in the short time Coach Blade has been here. Maybe I'm seeing through rose-colored glasses.

During the coaching search, we had numerous "experts" and "insiders" posting. Those same people must be getting reports on the progress of the new era. Anyone care to share?

Have the kids stepped up for off-season training? Anyone training on their own? Is anyone named Zulliger learning the spread offense?

I've even seen Boy's Club and middle schoolers working on conditioning and agility drills.