DC and Haywood

TMSfromDC10

That can't happen again if they are wanting to win Monday night.

No that can't! Had my heart pumping a million beats a minute. Brought me back to the BTW game last year when it was down to the wire lol!! Free throws killed us, and i think the defense was pour for DC! I praise Big Ced! He played a good game and never gave up. I love how he shows emotion on the court, makes you feel like he really wants to play and he gives it his all!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC dodged a Haywood Bullet...Missed free throws and being out rebounded by a SMALL Haywood team almost cost them...Haywood got NUMEROUS second and third chances...And they shot the ball well from Three point land...Don't understand why the Haywood Coach RIGHT before halftime and right before the end of the game was trying to PLAY STALL BALL...That bunch from Haywood only knew one thing...RUN AND GUN...It cost them right before half and it cost them at the end of the game...But Still you gotta give it to them...DC never quit...Never gave up...But they better LEARN TO BOX OUT come Monday Night because Casey Prather is THE REAL DEAL...One of the TOP TEN JUNIORS IN THE NATION...Had something like 34 points, 10 rebounds, 8 blocks tonight....and he has a PRETTY good supporting cast I have heard too...Better get there early if you wanna see this one...It should be a DANDY...

Their just gonna have to play a better game peiod. They need to play better half court defense and shoot the ball better from outside. They give up way too many open 3's. Also would help if they made better than 40% of their freethrows.

You might think this is a stupid question. I was there tonight and that is the first time i been in DCHS new school. How long has the new school been there? It's been years since i been to Newbern, use to play golf there alot years ago. I thought you all have a nice gym and loud got to love it! Good Luck Monday night!! But better hit those free throws!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DC dodged a Haywood Bullet...Missed free throws and being out rebounded by a SMALL Haywood team almost cost them...Haywood got NUMEROUS second and third chances...And they shot the ball well from Three point land...Don't understand why the Haywood Coach RIGHT before halftime and right before the end of the game was trying to PLAY STALL BALL...That bunch from Haywood only knew one thing...RUN AND GUN...It cost them right before half and it cost them at the end of the game...But Still you gotta give it to them...DC never quit...Never gave up...But they better LEARN TO BOX OUT come Monday Night because Casey Prather is THE REAL DEAL...One of the TOP TEN JUNIORS IN THE NATION...Had something like 34 points, 10 rebounds, 8 blocks tonight....and he has a PRETTY good supporting cast I have heard too...Better get there early if you wanna see this one...It should be a DANDY...

We get your point about prather being pretty good, but he is not one of the top 10 juniors in the country (unless that was your own opinion). He is rated #30 on Unapproved Website and not ranked on scout.com. Either way its going to be a tough time for the mighty choctaws. Where were you at adsmom? i didnt hear you at the game last night? Go Choctaws!!! YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!

We get your point about prather being pretty good, but he is not one of the top 10 juniors in the country (unless that was your own opinion). He is rated #30 on Unapproved Website and not ranked on scout.com. Either way its going to be a tough time for the mighty choctaws. Where were you at adsmom? i didnt hear you at the game last night? Go Choctaws!!! YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!

Well Pardon the heck out of me...He is rated the #7 Small Forward in the USA...http://www.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_...480&Sport=2 Anyway...The best player to come out of this area since Tony Delk..and BTW...Fayette Ware beat Westview...So DC better come strong..They are the only team representing this district...

This is what I been sayin all year. Free throws are going to be our down fall. If we don't improve drasticly. Everyone shoots the ball a different way. Need to teach them the same tecnique. In my opinion, Big Ced has the best tecnique, just shoots alittle to hard some times. We have got to get a body on them three point shooter, too. Getting back fast in transition is going to be key, agains North Side. But, one thing you can't take away from us is HEART. We are going to fight, scratch, and claw till the end. Big Ced really steped up tonight. MVP without a doubt. We are behind you boys all the way. GO BIG ORANGE" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is what I been sayin all year. Free throws are going to be our down fall. If we don't improve drasticly. Everyone shoots the ball a different way. Need to teach them the same tecnique. In my opinion, Big Ced has the best tecnique, just shoots alittle to hard some times. We have got to get a body on them three point shooter, too. Getting back fast in transition is going to be key, agains North Side. But, one thing you can't take away from us is HEART. We are going to fight, scratch, and claw till the end. Big Ced really steped up tonight. MVP without a doubt. We are behind you boys all the way. GO BIG ORANGE" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes I have been wanting to give our boys a lesson in free throw shooting, HA HA no seriously we do need some lessons with consecration and tecnique. Up in Hoosier land we had to run the court 4 times then shoot free throws till we could make 10 in a row. I think a lot of young kids dont think free throws are an important part of the game. I sure have enjoyed watching these young men, they have a lot of heart!!!!!! and really want to win. Coach you have given DC fans so much to cheer for the past three years, keep up the great work, we have not missed a game for the past 10 years except when one of us has been sick. My wife and I love watching the round ball played with a lot of emotion and DC sure does that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Pardon the heck out of me...He is rated the #7 Small Forward in the USA...http://www.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_...480&Sport=2 Anyway...The best player to come out of this area since Tony Delk..and BTW...Fayette Ware beat Westview...So DC better come strong..They are the only team representing this district...

Tony delk comparison, wow, wow, wow, don't over shoot the runway here. doubt he has sold out any j.v. games in his high school career like tony did. not comparing apples to apples here. understand your point though but there has been plenty of talent in west tn go to major division I college since tony in these parts.