Metro Overview

oldmetrodog

I know we would see Briley sometimes at the old Petrone's restaurant. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Mr. Boguskie was a wonderful man. I miss talking to him.

Just had lunch with Bubba. Hopefully we can get a stadium back here on campus in a few years instead of traveling to TPS for games.

Petrones and the original Gherst...the good old days.

Bubba still talk with his mouth full? That makes it even harder to understand his east nashville dialect. Buster practically raised him, but never taught him to speak well, hah.

He's got to get a lot of wins under his belt before a stadium gets built in this economy; unless he can get some bailout money. I'm sure he can find a way to qualify.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest problem Coaches have to face in Metro is finding a way to get some of the real atheletes out to WORK instead of playing with gangs.

Also Parents not being involved because they are not neighborhood schools anymore does not help.

Metro Nashville faces special challanges that most in the suburbs do not, Thank God. Same thing goes for Memphis.

To me it is a miracle they can find anyone who would want to coach there.

Metro spends more money on 'FOREIGN LANGUAGE' than most football programs get also.

lod, i have coached at antioch for 13 years and been a part of metro football all my life. i have no problem with what you guys post. i also will not speak for any other metro coach. this is my feeling. there are way too many people who make excuses. i will never do that. we either get it done or we dont.

antioch probably has as bad of a rep as anywhere in metro but it is not that bad. we coach the kids hard and they are held as accountable for their off the field life as any teams in the suburbs. i appreciate your thoughts on the subject of metro football but the coaches at antioch are not victims. we either get it done or we dont.

lod, i have coached at antioch for 13 years and been a part of metro football all my life. i have no problem with what you guys post. i also will not speak for any other metro coach. this is my feeling. there are way too many people who make excuses. i will never do that. we either get it done or we dont.

antioch probably has as bad of a rep as anywhere in metro but it is not that bad. we coach the kids hard and they are held as accountable for their off the field life as any teams in the suburbs. i appreciate your thoughts on the subject of metro football but the coaches at antioch are not victims. we either get it done or we dont.

You all get it done. Terrific staff and great people leading kids by example. How's the team looking?