Mark Eldridge

etcoach

I became aware after a bit of research yesterday that Maryville's Mark Eldridge has been a head coach for 14 years. Oneida, Anderson County, and Maryville have all welcomed the "Hairless Wonder" as their leader. A remarkable stat is that in the 14 years that he has been a head coach, he has been in the district championship game 13 of those years. Wow!!!!! I also became aware that while at Anderson County in the year that he failed to make it to the championship game he was behind at halftime 67-34 to Oliver Springs High School in a regular season game before falling 107-69. So even though he is a legend he can be beat....and beat bad.

I became aware after a bit of research yesterday that Maryville's Mark Eldridge has been a head coach for 14 years. Oneida, Anderson County, and Maryville have all welcomed the "Hairless Wonder" as their leader. A remarkable stat is that in the 14 years that he has been a head coach, he has been in the district championship game 13 of those years. Wow!!!!! I also became aware that while at Anderson County in the year that he failed to make it to the championship game he was behind at halftime 67-34 to Oliver Springs High School in a regular season game before falling 107-69. So even though he is a legend he can be beat....and beat bad.

I love Coach Eldridge. I am amazed that when I am going nuts in the stands he is always cool, calm, and collected. Most importantly, the players really love him.

Must've been one heck of a coach at OS to pull that one on Coach E.....

At least Eldridge let his team finish the game when another team scored 100 on him...... can't always say that for etcoach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... especially on his trips with his team out of state.

E is an equally great person. His record says it all about his coaching.

maryville has two great people running both the basketball and football teams. I'm equaly impressed with the whole basketball coaching staff. They could all still be head coaching in region play at most any high schools in the area.

At least Eldridge let his team finish the game when another team scored 100 on him...... can't always say that for etcoach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... especially on his trips with his team out of state.

Classic! EtCoach deserved that one!

It's been a while since I last saw Eldridge but I read about him all the time. Great guy! Everyone in Livingston knows who he is, hometown boy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree. Mark and brother Matt were part of a very good team I played against in high school. Always top notch guys.