Cloudland on probation

zAZa90

I think it is a shame that the powers that be in this county didn't build us a gym when they had the chance. When all that money was poored into the new elementary, it wouldn't have hurt to go a little further with adding an HV or Hampton style gym. Of course we have to make sure the sexual predators and thieves have a state of the art facility, but when it comes to going the extra mile for our communities, our leaders once again fail. My question is this: how many times is our school going to have to be embarrassed when outsiders visit our facilities and find them to be very unaccomodating? With the shape of the economy now, I guess a new gym will never happen. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a shame that the powers that be in this county didn't build us a gym when they had the chance. When all that money was poored into the new elementary, it wouldn't have hurt to go a little further with adding an HV or Hampton style gym. Of course we have to make sure the sexual predators and thieves have a state of the art facility, but when it comes to going the extra mile for our communities, our leaders once again fail. My question is this: how many times is our school going to have to be embarrassed when outsiders visit our facilities and find them to be very unaccomodating? With the shape of the economy now, I guess a new gym will never happen. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The shame is Cloudland is on probation. What is funny is how Cloudland is going to play in a smaller gym at Washburn. What is that all about? Can't the powers of TSSAA keep up with gym sizes. It isn't fair to put a number on how many can fit in the gym. As long as the court is playable then play. It isn't Washburn or Cloudland's fault they have smaller seating areas. If OS or TSSAA has a problem then they should help the schools with funds to build better facilities. It is all over the mighty $.

The shame is Cloudland is on probation due to Oliver Springs coach (Not sure why she called). What is funny is how Cloudland is going to play in a smaller gym at Washburn. What is that all about? Can't the powers of TSSAA keep up with gym sizes. It isn't fair to put a number on how many can fit in the gym. As long as the court is playable then play. It isn't Washburn or Cloudland's fault they have smaller seating areas. If OS or TSSAA has a problem then they should help the schools with funds to build better facilities. It is all over the mighty $.

OS is complaining about gym size?? Their gym isn't a whole lot bigger than Cloudlands.

That really is a shame cloudland is getting in trouble for this. I don??™t think it??™s fair at all to ask a school to play a sub state game at another school. You play the regional tournament to try to get home court advantage to get to the big dance. Though the Landers would just have to take a small trip down the road to Hampton to play a sub state game it??™s still not the same as playing on your home floor in an atmosphere like that. I just don??™t understand what they want teams to do. I just don??™t think teams should be punished for having smaller facilities than other schools. I guess they expect them to pull the money out of the sky to build a bigger gym.

You all need to apologize for those things you've said about Coach Christopher. She did not (nor did anyone else at the school) "turn Cloudland in."

Next time Cloudland hosts a substate game, the school should confiscate all cameras at the door. When fans are allowed to shoot video or take pictures at games, it's only a matter of one "wrong" person seeing those pictures to bring extra scrutiny upon the school and its facility.

If you're that upset about it, encourge your principal to petition the Board of Control requesting that the rule be changed.

Part of the reason behind the rule may be about money, but cramming 1,000 people into a gym designed for 500 (or less) is a very significant safety hazard.

You all need to apologize for those things you've said about Coach Christopher. She did not (nor did anyone else at the school) "turn Cloudland in."

Next time Cloudland hosts a substate game, the school should confiscate all cameras at the door. When fans are allowed to shoot video or take pictures at games, it's only a matter of one "wrong" person seeing those pictures to bring extra scrutiny upon the school and its facility.

If you're that upset about it, encourge your principal to petition the Board of Control requesting that the rule be changed.

Part of the reason behind the rule may be about money, but cramming 1,000 people into a gym designed for 500 (or less) is a very significant safety hazard.

You could be right. I will apologize for saying that OS coach had anything to do with it, only because it is only spilled milk now. (STINKS). You seem to know about the subject, so let us in on the secret if the coach didn't do it. The safety concern is a joke. There have been years and years of games played there with many packed in with ZERO incedent. No photo turned in the school and it's funny that T$$AA showed up after the OS girls game. Tell us oz.

If the rule is having to hold 1,000 people and this gym doesnt what is the problem with whom ever did it I know most likely if you make it to sub-state you will have to come to our gym anyway. If you have a problem call TSSAA and talk to them it is their rule you are not the only school that has a small gym that has to play at a larger gym.