What Will it Take to Put Coalfield Back in a Regional Tournament

coalfieldjacketfan96

Over the past 2 seasons Coalfield has been awful!

2007 1-20

2008 0-24

That's 1-44 in the last two years. The program is at the bottom so what can they do to improve and get back to at least the regional touranament? I would like to see them be more respectable. I also feel there are kids in the school that could play but don't.

What is the solution?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Get a coach! One that has a proven record in H.S.

2.) Get the kids to play good defense

3.) Have tougher practices

4.) Get kids to come out and play

5.) Get kids to have a positive attitude about being a player.

They only need to beat Sunbright and Oakdale to get to a region so that could be done pretty quick if they do the things needed to build a program.

I have always heard that football tries to keep their kids from playing basketball down there. I would think that basketball would help keep them in shape and make them better athletes.

Over the past 2 seasons Coalfield has been awful!

2007 1-20

2008 0-24

That's 1-44 in the last two years. The program is at the bottom so what can they do to improve and get back to at least the regional touranament? I would like to see them be more respectable. I also feel there are kids in the school that could play but don't.

What is the solution?

rumor mill anyone heard that the coaches from petros joyners boys team are comming to do the high school next year or is this a rumor

I think it seems like since they are so close the basketball players go to wartburg and the football players go to coalfield.. i mean look at these programs... wartburg basketball is always good, football is always terrible. coalfield football is usually always good, basketball not always. Plus they are going through a spell where there are not many talented kids coming through their system it will all be better in a few years.

Ha Ha Ha! This is all pretty funny.

Somehow I don't think that getting a coach from P.J. will do the deal but it may be a step in the right direction.

Do you think that if they posted the coaching position that Coalfield might be able to attract a young, hungry coach?

I watched them play about a dozen times, which was about a dozen times too many, this year and think that the team could have been much more competitive.

During most of their games they played very little defense and even were attempting to run with teams like Wartburg and Cumberland Gap. That's not smart. In this district they should be able to hang with Oakdale and Sunbright. I don't think that is asking to much from em