Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

Lets all focus back on Cannon Co. athletics. Now the main goal is to find a new coach who will lead Cannon Co. in a new era and change the bad image it has right now. I believe there is still a lot of potential with Cannon Co. football and all athletics, but everyone has got to get on the same page and stop playing the blame game. If we would all work to improve our program as much as we bash it, we would be in a much better postion. There are many improvments that need to be made and lots of work to be done, but if everyone will get together and work for the good of the program, than this will be a place a prospective coah wants to come.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read and don't pretend to know why the HC was dismissed. I know it's frustating but the coach, himself, is alot better off regardless of where he ends up. CC does a good job with the coaches of the other sports. A winning football program at this level of high school is a "STABLE" one with "DEDICATION". Cannon County does not have that when it comes to football. That's the way it is......that's the way it always has been. Truely Pathetic. P-Spy and pond44, it frustrates the heck out of me and I'm from Smith County. How can the people in control be so blind to what it takes to be successful?

CCHS supporter

If you thinik what I said hasn't been made a joke of by the majority of the students at Cannon County then you need to get your head out of the sand. I'm sure it has been written on the bathroom walls and made out to be a lot worse than what I wrote. Sometimes people need to have thier eyes opened... hopefully it will get back to the principal or maybe the principal will read it themselves.... As it has been told to me by a teacher at the high school the principal spends a great deal of time reading CoachT....

I made the same comments just written in a different manner in the football blog that has been going on since the end of the season.. I know you read it and you didn't have comments then so what has changed? Are you one of the parents who complained about Bartsch. Are you one of those parents who ran to the middle of the field after our first loss of the season????

Just remiember these kids (your own) know more than we did at 17 or 18...What I wrote isn't the first time anyone hasn't heard it or thought it. So to think your child is naive about the principal and it's life don't believe it.

Now it's of my opinion the principal should be focusing on the future (strategic is the word) planning and trying to aquire funding for decent bathrooms at the footballsoftball fields...I personally would be ashamed and embrassed if my own fans must less visitors to use a porta - potty. When the principal can do this and not try to coach the teams everything will eventually line out...But understand until the principal can stand up to each and every parent and tell them there children need to put forth a better effort and turn each and every parent around at the door and say I support my coach then it will always be what we have right now. I don't see parents lined up to complain about thier kids grades and why there teacher won't give them a B just for showing up everyday....If so the principal would be firing teachers left and right... so how is it different with a football coach..Can't the principal stand behind the first football coach the principal hired...doesn't the principal understand this firing is a direct correlation of the principal's ability...It states if the coach is a failure so is the principal...Can't blame the AD he is just a lame duck, bad part is the AD could do a great job if allowed????

so supporter get a life and take up for your coach instead of your principal (or are you the one who has been complaining to the principal??) You just lost the best chance you had... who are you going to get unless they are within. Good coaches won't risk of a one and out to come to Cannon County (it doen't pay real well) The last guy left for Sequatchie County that speaks volumes!!!!!!

Do you know with out a doubt, why he was let go. If not why are you blaming the principal. And what do you mean "The last guy left for Sequatchie County that speaks volumes!!!!!!"

CCHS supporter

If you thinik what I said hasn't been made a joke of by the majority of the students at Cannon County then you need to get your head out of the sand. I'm sure it has been written on the bathroom walls and made out to be a lot worse than what I wrote. Sometimes people need to have thier eyes opened... hopefully it will get back to the principal or maybe the principal will read it themselves.... As it has been told to me by a teacher at the high school the principal spends a great deal of time reading CoachT....

I made the same comments just written in a different manner in the football blog that has been going on since the end of the season.. I know you read it and you didn't have comments then so what has changed? Are you one of the parents who complained about Bartsch. Are you one of those parents who ran to the middle of the field after our first loss of the season????

Just remiember these kids (your own) know more than we did at 17 or 18...What I wrote isn't the first time anyone hasn't heard it or thought it. So to think your child is naive about the principal and it's life don't believe it.

Now it's of my opinion the principal should be focusing on the future (strategic is the word) planning and trying to aquire funding for decent bathrooms at the footballsoftball fields...I personally would be ashamed and embrassed if my own fans must less visitors to use a porta - potty. When the principal can do this and not try to coach the teams everything will eventually line out...But understand until the principal can stand up to each and every parent and tell them there children need to put forth a better effort and turn each and every parent around at the door and say I support my coach then it will always be what we have right now. I don't see parents lined up to complain about thier kids grades and why there teacher won't give them a B just for showing up everyday....If so the principal would be firing teachers left and right... so how is it different with a football coach..Can't the principal stand behind the first football coach the principal hired...doesn't the principal understand this firing is a direct correlation of the principal's ability...It states if the coach is a failure so is the principal...Can't blame the AD he is just a lame duck, bad part is the AD could do a great job if allowed????

so supporter get a life and take up for your coach instead of your principal (or are you the one who has been complaining to the principal??) You just lost the best chance you had... who are you going to get unless they are within. Good coaches won't risk of a one and out to come to Cannon County (it doen't pay real well) The last guy left for Sequatchie County that speaks volumes!!!!!!

My point was simply this: This is an internet resource that everyone has access to, therefore you were out of line by bringing up her personal life. I stand by that opinion, heck its not an opinion, its the rules of this message board. You are obviously an educated man, woman, parent, teacher, etc...? so you can read the rules for yourself.

If that is how you actually feel about our Principal, then quit being a coward (yeah I said coward) and go speak to her personally if you feel strongly about CC athletics. Do not hide behind this P-spy name and bring up someones personal life, THAT IS CLASSLESS, in the "Honors College at MTSU" may make it more clearly for you so let me: YOU ARE CLASSLESS BY MAKING YOUR COMMENTS!

With all that being said, I need to tell you that you are wrong again about what may be my motive for replying to your Kindergarten comments. I am not a parent, I am not a faculty member I am truely what my "screenname" tells you I am, a cchssupporter. Where does your support actually lie? Where does Pondexters support come into play? (He's probably nowhere to be found after his son graduates). Anybody can mow a fball field by the way! But where will you two be for ober a span of decades such as I? Probably nowhere to be found, since your selfishness will allow you both to go away since "lil johnny" doesn' play anymore. I have news for you both, I have had "lil johnny, lil jill, grandbaby johnny and jill" filter through those atletic programs and I am still here! And Lord willing will be for yet still quite some years.

And now I digress, since you doubt my motives for my reply, I will give you my take on all this now, however remember my opinion is based on all watercooler hearsay, I have never seen a practice,stepped inside the fieldhouse, or spoke no more than 50 words to the coaching staff:

1) IMO Coach Bartcsh deserved another year.

2) Coach Bartcsh was 4-6 and that was just fine! especially given the injuries he was faced with

3) He and Mrs. P never were able to build a working relationship together (due to both thier faults)

4) It saddens me to learn that Players, and Parents hold so much weight as to make hiring and firing decisions.

5) Why was the AD not involved in this process?

6) We all need to stop the negativity, because we need to hire a new coach and keep the good one's that we now have...ie...Dodgen, Rigsby

7) I appreciate all including Patriot and Pondexter who are supporters, however my support and Wildcats are obviously a main-stay for years and years. That's what our young athletes need is stability! So please the two of you keep up your support, but please keep personal attacks aside.

Ok Now my opinion, this wikk probably tick some people off, but why not look into bringing the defensive Coach from last year back if he isn't at another job already. The man has some rings to prove he knows what he is doing. just throwing that out there. but as far as the team itself goes, they have some good players but they will be YOUNG this year either way you go. We lost alot on both sides of the ball last year.

Support and stability is definately needed. I agree about the classless statements about the principal, adults should know better. We are the influences on tghese kids and should conduct ourselves as such. Spy you and I have had our bouts but remember we are the role models for these kids. You don't have to agree with the decision but it had nothing to do with the principal's personal life so you need to let that go. Support the kids in their time of need and be there for them. Support the program like basketball and beta gets supported. Football is needed for all around school spirit. Get the right fit and get back on track. Good luck Kim and CCHS! I know who I would contact as head coach but I am not using names.

My point was simply this: This is an internet resource that everyone has access to, therefore you were out of line by bringing up her personal life. I stand by that opinion, heck its not an opinion, its the rules of this message board. You are obviously an educated man, woman, parent, teacher, etc...? so you can read the rules for yourself.

If that is how you actually feel about our Principal, then quit being a coward (yeah I said coward) and go speak to her personally if you feel strongly about CC athletics. Do not hide behind this P-spy name and bring up someones personal life, THAT IS CLASSLESS, in the "Honors College at MTSU" may make it more clearly for you so let me: YOU ARE CLASSLESS BY MAKING YOUR COMMENTS!

With all that being said, I need to tell you that you are wrong again about what may be my motive for replying to your Kindergarten comments. I am not a parent, I am not a faculty member I am truely what my "screenname" tells you I am, a cchssupporter. Where does your support actually lie? Where does Pondexters support come into play? (He's probably nowhere to be found after his son graduates). Anybody can mow a fball field by the way! But where will you two be for ober a span of decades such as I? Probably nowhere to be found, since your selfishness will allow you both to go away since "lil johnny" doesn' play anymore. I have news for you both, I have had "lil johnny, lil jill, grandbaby johnny and jill" filter through those atletic programs and I am still here! And Lord willing will be for yet still quite some years.

And now I digress, since you doubt my motives for my reply, I will give you my take on all this now, however remember my opinion is based on all watercooler hearsay, I have never seen a practice,stepped inside the fieldhouse, or spoke no more than 50 words to the coaching staff:

1) IMO Coach Bartcsh deserved another year.

2) Coach Bartcsh was 4-6 and that was just fine! especially given the injuries he was faced with

3) He and Mrs. P never were able to build a working relationship together (due to both thier faults)

4) It saddens me to learn that Players, and Parents hold so much weight as to make hiring and firing decisions.

5) Why was the AD not involved in this process?

6) We all need to stop the negativity, because we need to hire a new coach and keep the good one's that we now have...ie...Dodgen, Rigsby

7) I appreciate all including Patriot and Pondexter who are supporters, however my support and Wildcats are obviously a main-stay for years and years. That's what our young athletes need is stability! So please the two of you keep up your support, but please keep personal attacks aside.

I agree with you. I love Cannon Co. athletics and that is where my passion is. Its what I'm going to school for. I want to see so much improved and I just hate to see so much potential not being improved. I think the athletic director needs an expanded role. He was not even aware that coach Bartsch was being removed. The athletic director should be the man who recomends who gets hired and fired and his input should be asked for before a coach is fired. Im gald we agree on the stability issue, just look coach Dodgen has been here 4 years and now we have back-back 20 win seasons and we are in the region semi-finals. Coach Rigsby has brought a passion and drive to boys basketball that hasn't been there since coach Bush left. Now we need a football coach that will lead with passion and lead the program in a new era. To respond to "Gridiron 88" who said he wants the defensive coordinator to be considered for the next head coach. That would be very wrong since we just fired Bartsch because the administration did not like his style, it would make no since to hire somone off his staff, because they should share his same philosophy. We need to take our time and make sure we get it right this time because the program will go back to where it was if the wrong person is hired. I also just want to say I think it is sad when a few parents can call and complain and thats all it takes for a coach to be fired. I believe firmly that it is the administration's job to always defend its coaches and I know the athletic director was supportive of Bartsch, but evidently a different direction was wanted and now we must all support whomever the new coach will be.

Ok Now my opinion, this wikk probably tick some people off, but why not look into bringing the defensive Coach from last year back if he isn't at another job already. The man has some rings to prove he knows what he is doing. just throwing that out there. but as far as the team itself goes, they have some good players but they will be YOUNG this year either way you go. We lost alot on both sides of the ball last year.

Gridiron, I first want to say that's not a bad idea to bring him back. I spoke with the defensive coach from last year, friday during the day and he has been offered three jobs which he has said he has declinded to all three. He told me personally he didn't take any of these jobs so he could see what happened in cannon county. He loves the kids at Cannon County and are just like his kids. My best bet would be that he'll be on the sidelines for Cannon County next year.

Personally I think this would be a mistake....And I say that as I have supported the D-coordinator all along...he did a terrific job with the defensive side of the ball !!!!NO QUESTION. But this would create more division and confusion for the kids...(in my opinion). And for the person who stated someone from Riverdale? Riverdale is not what Riverdale was....The AD FROM CANNON COUNTY (not the controlling Principal) seek out the best of what's left...There have been numerous coaching changes across the state, and even more activity in our region or area.

If the D-coordinator wants to come backas the D-coordinator that's ok, but not as the head man... I would like to see the AD GET MORE INVOLVED WITH THIS POSITION....MAYBE HE TAKES OVER AS THE ACTING HEAD COACH AND FILL THE REMAINING POSITIONS WITH PEOPLE IN THE PROGRAM UNTIL A NEW HEAD COACH IS FOUND!!!!!

OR WVEN BETTER LET HIM COACH US THROUGH THE 2009 SEASON AND LOOK FOR THE REPLACEMENT IN THE SPRING OF 2010...LETTING SOMEONE WITHIN THE PROGRAM TAKE CONTROL NOW IS NOT THE RIGHT MOVE PERIOD.

Spy, please explain why you think this would be a mistake? These kids love that coach, in my opinion it would create comfort and relief from all the pressure put on the kids. So we obviously see this situation competely different, he could come in and suppurt these kids as he always did before Bartsch ran him off. But if you may not know spy, the defensive cordinator is not Certified to be head coach nor is the linemen coach Grizzwold. Larson is certified but not intersted. So the only thing really left is to find someone outside of the program. I know a perfect match in a head coach. Matt Daniels. He has a house down in Woodbury, the kids know him and respect him. There's a job opportunity, makes perfect sense. What do you think spy?