Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

P-spy you can get more inside info than myself, why would you fire a coach for another sport

that also doubles for the sports trainer for other sports, to make room for a coach that really has

nothing in his resume to prove that he is Cannons life saver for the football program?

This decision is extremly questionable IMO.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again OWLSRULE the little spy is dropping knowledge on us. He is so smart he know why all the former SC coaches left. He knows Alcoa's volleyball coach. He also says Gary Rankin was a nobody before Riverdale. Does living in CC make everyone this crazy or is it just you??? I mean come on little guy, you gotta give the coach a chance. I mean you really think someone from a winning tradition is a good coach? Good coaches come from some of the worst programs. It can be Don Shula out the and if he does not have the players he is not going to win. Players make the coach, whether it be good or bad.

Unfortunately spy, this is the case. He was a very good friend of mine, since our first days in kindergarten. He is a great person. I hate that he was not retained. I have been a quiet observer as I have no ties anymore but the assistant coach was a good friend and this is the ugly part of the business. I hope all works out. on a side note, spy I started rooting for you again when you revealed your politics. Conservativism is on the decline in this country and that scares me. Good luck to CC from one who wants to see you guys succeed!

Guest Termite

It's refreshing to hear another voice of reason in CC. It's also good that that nut doesn't speak for all of CC!!! Your questions are the same ones I have had. I am surprised that more people don't get on this guy. It makes me wonder about the place.

Guess what t-game....I'm not from Cannon Co.either. I'm from Smith Co.. oldsc7 and owlsrule are from Smith Co. also, but oldsc7 coaches in Alcoa. Even Fredsamuel is from somewhere ( Sumner Co.?) besides Cannon Co.. That's part of the point I was trying to make. Nobody, other that pattypeepers, seem to have an issue with the new hire, YET. Maybe later, but that should be the case. The man has been hired. Nothing is going to change that so wait and see.

I will say the one thing I like about Pattypeepers is his desire. The desire for the kids, school, and community to do well. Nothing wrong with passion. Some people need more of it.

The main reason Smith Co. folk are interested is the Cannon Co. has been in our region and are now in our district.

LOL! You seriously think you can get me to get off of this thread? You must be joking. You seem to have a major chip on your shoulder and think you can get things accomplished with threats, which I'm sure are idle, and CAPITAL LETTERS. Well, you really got my attention now!!! I must say my day was pretty bland but now I have managed a few smiles, yes at your expense. Are you really this miserable with your life? If so, I do feel sorry for you. Maybe it's you who has the defeatest attitude that keeps spreading in Cannon County. That's exactly what I have read from you. You have nothing positive to say without negative conotations with them. Maybe it's you who should leave the thread. Maybe you should shut your mouth for a minute. You bash men you have never met. You continuously put down a program that you are suppposedly for. I seriously hope you are NEVER for my team. You threaten peoples' jobs and in effect their livelihood. And for what? Because you disagree? Will someone please put the man's fooler back in his mouth!!! Sure, you are for the boys and believe they deserve a better chance. That's all well and good. Teach them to make their own luck and how to take advantage of opportunities rather than grovel over not havin your own perfect situation in front of you. Things are perfect NOWHERE!!!! But you lace your bootstraps back up, shut your mouth, and go to work. Whatever chip you have or fuel in your belly you use that to make yourself and your program the best it can be, in a positive light. Don't you think the CC football program has seen enough gloom? Be a light, man!

[/size]HELLO "QUEEN B " I am sure we would not be biased against our fellow SC faithful but you might want to give them a refresher on the BOARD RULES (CAPS) you have deleted my posts in the past for a lot less insightful verbage!!!

Well I thought Coach B was a good replacement, contrary to the rumors you heard. He will land on his feet and do well as will the other assistant. Those are two quality guys. Good luck and support the new guy. I hope, for the kid's sake, it works out. Because at the end of the day that is who we all should worry about. I am in the business for one reason, to help kids. It sure isnt for the money! Good luck to all parties and continue to express opinions, only lets try to be a little more positive for now!

Guys, I have no dog in this hunt, but let's be honest. What kind of applicants did you really think you were going to get given the past 15-20 year history of the program? With your situation you were either going to take a chance on a coordinator trying to be a head coach for the first time or a re-tread trying to find success before being run out of town somewhere else. Sorry guys, but that is the truth. The pay scale in Woodbury is not exactly top-shelf either. How many assistant coaches will he be able to get in the building? My guess is one or two. None of this makes it particularly attractive to a "name" coach. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don't think anyone is basihng him...like i said in an earlier post our season rides on what he is doing now....conditioning and strength is what makes the Friday nights successful....

You know how it is spy, i'm just wacthing out for my boy TRENCHS. And I agree, our season is riding on what he has done and what he's still doing. I know for sure the boys are in shape and won't be running out of gas in the 4th quater this year.

Guess what t-game....I'm not from Cannon Co.either. I'm from Smith Co.. oldsc7 and owlsrule are from Smith Co. also, but oldsc7 coaches in Alcoa. Even Fredsamuel is from somewhere ( Sumner Co.?) besides Cannon Co.. That's part of the point I was trying to make. Nobody, other that pattypeepers, seem to have an issue with the new hire, YET. Maybe later, but that should be the case. The man has been hired. Nothing is going to change that so wait and see.

I will say the one thing I like about Pattypeepers is his desire. The desire for the kids, school, and community to do well. Nothing wrong with passion. Some people need more of it.

The main reason Smith Co. folk are interested is the Cannon Co. has been in our region and are now in our district.

I agree. This new coach may be the wrong guy for the job, or he may be the perfect fit. I just don't understand what is to be gained by tearing him down before he has a chance to do anything. I would probably question his record too, but since he has been hired, what's the point? They need to all get behind him. If in about three years or so, the program is in a downward spiral, then fire him. I don't understand how a few of these foolish posters don't see this.

This guy had players at Clarksville Northwest, I'm sure more than you can draw from Cannon County. first he is Knute Rockne now he has transformed to Dan Shula, this guy must be good.....

For the applicant from Alcoa, (the one the coach Shriek beat out) If you have ties to Clinton County you will know who we are talking about, i believe he was at Alcoa a few years ago...Oh by the way I think clinton has been winning more than 3 in two years....

We played NW the last two years and they didn't have a single player who looked capable of playing for us. What exactly do you mean by "players"?

strength and conditioning keep you around so in the 4th quarter when you are a team you can win. The team part starts in the weight room and conditioning drills...who picks who up when they are having a bad day...who pushes who harder to make them better....TEAM starts in the off season and chemistry is formed in these areana's...That's where the head coach needs to be there with them at 6:00 AM (or what ever time it happens)

I couldn't agree more, Heart and familyness is the key aspect to win, you've got to have the mental mind set to be succesful. Strengthing and Condtioning wins ball games, you can't be gased and weak all game and win, it's not possible.