TEMPLE/CSAS - Only one can stay

bigbird

The year after (2010-2011)? Did you see what David Brainerd did in the 8th grade conference this year? Beat Grace 3 times, Temple wasn't even close. Won the Championship against Silverdale, something like 44-14! Unless these other schools start bringing in other kids from the outside (which they always do), I believe David Brainerd is going to be a force to reckon with in a couple of years. New coach out there in High School has brought a new attitude towards defense and team play as well.

If you're talking about the coach the varsity had this year, I wasn't that impressed. He had more talent on the floor than he could turn into wins. And, unfortunately, he's losing the best of that talent to graduation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back and read my post again and I had forgotten that all three of us will be in the same district next year, right? Wow! What a tough district! Three state title contending teams all in the same district. There must be something illegal or imoral about that. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> It will surely be the toughest district in the state!

Temple's team next year will basically be this year's JV team. We graduate seven seniors. Three of our twelve players are freshmen or 8th graders and two are juniors. Only one of the twelve has any significant playing time: Dexter Peterson.

In reference to your comment about having three state title contending teams all in the same district...Now you see what the teams from 14A have been dealing with for the past 4 years now...Humboldt, Union City, and Lake County all reside in that district...Year in, year out, these three teams are all good enough to be in the Boro but only two can make it...That regional semi-final becomes HUGE...In my opinion, 14A is and has been the strongest district in 1A by a fairly large margin for the past 4 years..

In reference to your comment about having three state title contending teams all in the same district...Now you see what the teams from 14A have been dealing with for the past 4 years now...Humboldt, Union City, and Lake County all reside in that district...Year in, year out, these three teams are all good enough to be in the Boro but only two can make it...That regional semi-final becomes HUGE...In my opinion, 14A is and has been the strongest district in 1A by a fairly large margin for the past 4 years..

Yeah its kind of like how the Single A district used to be in Chattanooga when you had Temple, Grace, CSAS, CCS, Lookout Valley and Boyb Buchanan were all in the same District. I think every single one of these teams made it to the state tournament at least once from 1990-2000

Haven't seen CSAS play this year, but I do know that Temple needs to step up defensively in order to make it out of the region. I'm impressed with them offensively, especially when other players besides Sexton are making shots. I have been disappointed watching them guard, particularly on the ball. Helpside D is pretty good, but someone on that team needs to step up and be the defender that will lead this team to the state tourney. Good luck!

I am not sure I would agree with you whole heartedly (maybe half-heartedly /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> )

Humboldt, Lake County, and Union City are definitely very good teams!

As far as saying that 14A is the strongest by a fairly large margin, I think that is a little bit of stretch. I would say they have been stronger in the last four years only because Union City has two tournament appearances and two titles. That is pretty strong. Temple and Grace together only make up one title and one runner up, respectively. But... Temple has been to the Boro 3 out of 4 and Grace only 1 of 4. Lake County has not been to the tournament at all. And, of course, Humboldt has been 3 out of 4, missing last year and making it four years ago while in AA getting put out during the semis by Grace and Temple respectively. Union City's success their two trips defninitely gives 14A and edge. I would also give the edge to 14A because in the last four years a district 5 team has played in a title game twice and a distric 14 team has played in a title game three times.

I think you and I agree that district 14 is and has been the strongest district the last four years, but maybe you would agree that district 5 is right there with you all. In fact, it would be safe to say that Region 3 and Region 7 are the two toughest regions in the state based upon trips to the tournament and the subsequent success.

You say that now because you couldnt say it the past two years. That post is saturated in bitterness. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

oh wow your so right seeing how 2 yrs ago they packed theyre bags very tightly after a state tournement loss and last year they packed thrye bags to temple once again

oh wow your so right seeing how 2 yrs ago they packed theyre bags very tightly after a state tournement loss and last year they packed thrye bags to temple once again

I apologize I didn't know losing in the state championship, or the state tournament for that matter, was considered "packing your bags." Since, after all, you are one of 2 teams left playing in single A basketball.

Its ok, I would be bitter too if I had a team with 3 division 1 caliber players that didnt make it past the region semi finals two years in a row.

I apologize I didn't know losing in the state championship, or the state tournament for that matter, was considered "packing your bags." Since, after all, you are one of 2 teams left playing in single A basketball.

Its ok, I would be bitter too if I had a team with 3 division 1 caliber players that didnt make it past the region semi finals two years in a row.

GO GRACE GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />