can mc minn central win it all?

mccharger

Didn't say I was the personell director for McMinn Central High School. Didn't realize the school had a position of strength coach? Are you employed by the school system? Give me some details of your responsibilities of the team? How many days of the week do the girls workout?

Look. You didn't say anything about not knowing the personnel. You said that you weren't aware of them strength training and that you were very close to the program. I've been a TSSAA approved and McMinn County Board of Education authorized volunteer strength and conditioning coach since April of 2007. We work out 2-3 days a week when allowed by the TSSAA calendar for basketball. We alter the lifting schedule during the season.

If you were so close, you would have known these things. You've just got an axe to grind against Coach Morgan and Central for some reason.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could raider2 be a former Meigs player during their title run in the 90's who now coaches high school ball in AAA?

I can assure you that the young lady you are referring to has to much class to get on here with you Central and Polk folks and talk about your respective teams. She always has, and always will, do her talking on the court. Her record speaks for itself, both as a player and as a coach.

I respectfully disagree:

1) They've had several teams in the past that had good leadership & play well together

2) Strength program? I am very close to the program and have never known them to strength train

3) They have been 8-10 deep in the past....depth at the state tournament is over-rated anyway

4) Post presence- Julie Alderhold was an inside out player but did post up alot and her team didn't win it

5) They've had plenty of experience at the guard position in the past

6) I REALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS ONE & FEEL STRONGLY THAT THIS IS THE ONE OF THE REASON THE ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT! They can pressure full court, man to man, in your face, borderline nasty DEFENSE, every night.....against the teams they play during the regular season, but that gambling out of control style gives up lay-ups, fouls, open 3's, middle penetration, etc against the GOOD TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the better teams at the State Tournament play well against that style.

I respect your knowledge of basketball and our districts history, but I stand by my reasons. I have been around Central basketball for too many years that I care to remember. You make some good points but if you will reread my post I said "reasons Central has a real chance". We have had these same reasons in the past but not ALL of them at the same time. Julie's teams didn't have depth, the teams that had great guard play didn't have size in the post. They have had scorers before but not 4 or 5 real scoring threats on the same team running or half court. And lastly, this is probably the best defensive team they have ever had, full court or half court. I know basketball and have seen what it takes to win the state. This team has the pieces this year, that is all I am saying.

I can assure you that the young lady you are referring to has to much class to get on here with you Central and Polk folks and talk about your respective teams. She always has, and always will, do her talking on the court. Her record speaks for itself, both as a player and as a coach.

I was only basing that off of the hints that badgirl was giving. I have no clue who it is. raider2 just isn't as "in the know" about things as he/she thinks.

I respect your knowledge of basketball and our districts history, but I stand by my reasons. I have been around Central basketball for too many years that I care to remember. You make some good points but if you will reread my post I said "reasons Central has a real chance". We have had these same reasons in the past but not ALL of them at the same time. Julie's teams didn't have depth, the teams that had great guard play didn't have size in the post. They have had scorers before but not 4 or 5 real scoring threats on the same team running or half court. And lastly, this is probably the best defensive team they have ever had, full court or half court. I know basketball and have seen what it takes to win the state. This team has the pieces this year, that is all I am saying.

We finally get a central fan that is mature enough to make good solid points without the name calling. Good post OldSchoolCharger, but I'm hesitant to agree with you on several of them. I know basketball as well and also have seen first hand what it takes to win the state. This team might have the pieces this year, but I feel the way they play defensively and offensively will not get it down at the state tournament. I am not a hater on anyone, thats just how I feel.

Look. You didn't say anything about not knowing the personnel. You said that you weren't aware of them strength training and that you were very close to the program. I've been a TSSAA approved and McMinn County Board of Education authorized volunteer strength and conditioning coach since April of 2007. We work out 2-3 days a week when allowed by the TSSAA calendar for basketball. We alter the lifting schedule during the season.

If you were so close, you would have known these things. You've just got an axe to grind against Coach Morgan and Central for some reason.

Shouldn't you be working on an end of the season workout program to maintain strength and conditioning for the end of the season instead of wasting your time on this board? I'm officially out of here....I am not going to lower myself to same level as all of you arrogant, cocky central fans. I admire your loyalty but laugh at your ignorance.

If you consider yourself a coach, you shouldn't be worried about whats being said on a message board, and concentrate on the responsibility you have to your team. Best of luck! OVER AND OUT!

Raider2,

Educate us. Who in your view are the teams left in the tourney that are better than McMinn Central? Marshall County is gone but that could happen to anybody at this level. Are there any teams from upper ET that are a threat to win it all? Who are the teams from middle and west Tennessee that can win it? How good is Upperman?

Look forward to some intelligent diologue.

Old Warhorse,

Good question... here is who I think has a better chance of winning it than Central.

South Greene (28-4)- 2 losses came to AAA power Morristown West, 1 loss to AAA Wilson Central) They also beat Morristown West once which was their only loss of the year)

Upperman (31-1)- Not only a great record but they play a tough schedule as well (Several wins over tough AAA teams).

Westview (29-4)- 3 losses came to Gibson County.

Gibson County (30-0)- Undefeated with a descent schedule

Also, I feel the best team to come out of Memphis could beat central as well because they will be able to match up athletically!

I respectfully disagree:

1) They've had several teams in the past that had good leadership & play well together

2) Strength program? I am very close to the program and have never known them to strength train

3) They have been 8-10 deep in the past....depth at the state tournament is over-rated anyway

4) Post presence- Julie Alderhold was an inside out player but did post up alot and her team didn't win it

5) They've had plenty of experience at the guard position in the past

6) I REALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS ONE & FEEL STRONGLY THAT THIS IS THE ONE OF THE REASON THE ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT! They can pressure full court, man to man, in your face, borderline nasty DEFENSE, every night.....against the teams they play during the regular season, but that gambling out of control style gives up lay-ups, fouls, open 3's, middle penetration, etc against the GOOD TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the better teams at the State Tournament play well against that style.

Ok folks here is 89 chargers professional opinion without a prescription. (WARNING: If you are one of the many Central fans that thinks girls basketball was invented at Central BRACE YOURSELF because im going to be brutally honest.) First of all, with the exception of numbers 2 and 4 what did raider2 say THATS NOT TRUE? Central has had leadership, depth, and experience EVERY YEAR they have been to the state tourney. Still no gold ball. Furthermore number 6 is without a doubt the main reason there is no gold ball. When Central gets to the state tourney they play teams that are just as athletic and they blow right by that press for layups and open threes. Not to mention getting Central in foul trouble. Some where along the way there needs to be a curve ball thrown. Something along the lines of.......A ZONE DEFENSE. Now lets get to numbers 2 and 4. My good buddy "The Maniac" explained why number 2 is not true so I will leave that one alone. (Whats up Maniac? Good to hear from you) As for number 4, Central has NEVER EVER EVER had a low post presence. UNTILL NOW!!! Jena Adams may very well be the key this year. In conclusion, I think this may be Centrals best shot at the gold ball because they FINALLY have a low post presense.

Ok folks here is 89 chargers professional opinion without a prescription. (WARNING: If you are one of the many Central fans that thinks girls basketball was invented at Central BRACE YOURSELF because im going to be brutally honest.) First of all, with the exception of numbers 2 and 4 what did raider2 say THATS NOT TRUE? Central has had leadership, depth, and experience EVERY YEAR they have been to the state tourney. Still no gold ball. Furthermore number 6 is without a doubt the main reason there is no gold ball. When Central gets to the state tourney they play teams that are just as athletic and they blow right by that press for layups and open threes. Not to mention getting Central in foul trouble. Some where along the way there needs to be a curve ball thrown. Something along the lines of.......A ZONE DEFENSE. Now lets get to numbers 2 and 4. My good buddy "The Maniac" explained why number 2 is not true so I will leave that one alone. (Whats up Maniac? Good to hear from you) As for number 4, Central has NEVER EVER EVER had a low post presence. UNTILL NOW!!! Jena Adams may very well be the key this year. In conclusion, I think this may be Centrals best shot at the gold ball because they FINALLY have a low post presense.

89, you better watch out boy. You keep that attitude and you may get evicted from the Baby Blue Nation. That's ok, you can come sit with me and watch poor 'ol Polk and their overrated team /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Anyway, call me later if your goin up tonight. Maybe you can show me just who in the heck Im arguing with on here...lol

No doubt from here on out the road gets way more difficult starting with Polk Co. One thing I keep hearing is how weak the schedule was this year. Folks, 32 - 0 against anyone is pretty impressive and one of those wins was a pretty convincing win ove Lakeview- Ft Oglethorpe who is in the quarterfinals of the Ga. State Tournament. I really like how the Chargerettes have taken it one game at a time this year. Good Luck the rest of the way!!

Shouldn't you be working on an end of the season workout program to maintain strength and conditioning for the end of the season instead of wasting your time on this board? I'm officially out of here....I am not going to lower myself to same level as all of you arrogant, cocky central fans. I admire your loyalty but laugh at your ignorance.

If you consider yourself a coach, you shouldn't be worried about whats being said on a message board, and concentrate on the responsibility you have to your team. Best of luck! OVER AND OUT!

Thanks for your concern about how I spend my time. I'm off work on Wednesdays, so I have a little free time. In fact I just left a meeting with Coach Morgan. As far as the offseason program is concerned, I've got it done. I've also got a TSSAA mandated three week dead period after the season ends to tweak it to our time restraints before workouts can begin. I've yet to say anything arrogant or cocky in this thread, and I'm not a bit worried about what's posted on a message board as long as it's factually correct.

Nowhere did I contend any of your other assertions. I merely addressed your statements about being very close to the program and saying there is no strength program when there's been one for almost two years. Nowhere did I call you names. I merely corrected an inaccuracy in your post. Whether or not I consider myself a coach doesn't matter. The girls, their parents, Coach Morgan, and Coach Young do. That's enough for me.

The program is just taking it one game at a time. We're only talking and thinking about Polk. The fans might be looking ahead a bit, but that's their prerogative. That's what fans do. Fan is short for fanatic after all, right?