Coach loses bid to join team in pregame prayer

The Supreme Court did not rule on the case. Some of you men can't read! They refused to rule on the case and that allowed each state to set their own rules. Coaches can still bow their heads with their team in TN they just can't lead the prayer and that is how it should be.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IE WHATS WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY TODAY. WE HAVE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO DONT BELIEVE IN GOD, WHO WANT TO TAKE GOD OUT OF EVERYTHING. BOTTOM LINE IS, WE WHO BELIEVE,AND TRUST IN GOD NEED TO STAND UP AND TAKE CONTROL OF OUR COMMUNITIES, AND PUT PEOPLE THAT DONT BELIEVE IN GOD WHERE THEY BELONG. NOT IN POLITICAL OFFICES,OR OVER SCHOOL SYSTEMS. PUT THEM ON THE FRONT PEWS OF OUR CHURCHES. COACHES, IF YOU WANT TO PRAY WITH YOUR TEAMS, THEN DO IT. DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT IN YOUR HEARTS. GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU, IF YOU FOLLOW HIM, AND HIS WORD. FOR ALL OF YOU IDIOTS WHO DONT WANT COACHES PRAYING WITH THESE KIDS, YOU ARE STUPID PEOPLE. GET ON YOUR KNEES AND TALK TO THE LORD ABOUT IT.

A coach, like it or not, is an agent of the state, and therefore cannot participate in prayer. Of course it doesn't make sense in East Tennessee when a majority of the students are the same religion, but in areas where there are many different religions and perhaps tensions between certain religious groups, then you wouldn't want the coach "taking a side" by participating in prayer.

our country might have been founded on christian principles, but the main principle our country was founded on was freedom of worship and freedom from a state-sponsored religion. i think anyone who believes in the united states and the constitution can agree that we want government, which includes coaches, believe it or not, out of our religion.

I always give myself the china town test when talking about 1st amendment issues...

i always try to make the statement from a "what if we were in china town and everyone was buddhist but my child?" that's america.

if you want a theocracy, move to iran.

A coach, like it or not, is an agent of the state, and therefore cannot participate in prayer. Of course it doesn't make sense in East Tennessee when a majority of the students are the same religion, but in areas where there are many different religions and perhaps tensions between certain religious groups, then you wouldn't want the coach "taking a side" by participating in prayer.

our country might have been founded on christian principles, but the main principle our country was founded on was freedom of worship and freedom from a state-sponsored religion. i think anyone who believes in the united states and the constitution can agree that we want government, which includes coaches, believe it or not, out of our religion.

I always give myself the china town test when talking about 1st amendment issues...

i always try to make the statement from a "what if we were in china town and everyone was buddhist but my child?" that's america.

I bet you spend that money that says "In God we trust" on it every day don't you? Or do you mark it out or file it off because you want to totally separate church and state???? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I bet you spend that money that says "In God we trust" on it every day don't you? Or do you mark it out or file it off because you want to totally separate church and state???? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

i also go to church every sunday. i'm glad my state is separated from most churches, though.

I am sure this situation like every other one of its kind was started by 1 person who disagreed with the prayer. If we want to talk about Ammendments and what the Country was founded on, lets discuss democracy, which is suppose to mean that "The majority rules" If the coach wants to pray, let him pray, the kids that disagree should go rake the infield until the prayer is over.

Aa far as your child being in China town, if you choose to move him to china town, then you should understand up front that he is now in a different culture and buddhism is what they do......

Evidently you are one of those touchy feely people worried about offending anybody. Move to Iran or China, Do you think they will be worried about offending you when they pray? I dont think so, therefore if a Coach wants to Pray with his team, he should be allowed. The Coach may or may not be an agent of the State , but I will tell you one thing, I would rather approach the pearly gates knowing I did the right thing and resisted the athiest imposition on my relationship with God. Than be like yourself and conform to others. Our Country is going downhill, it is people like you who let it happen.

Evidently you are one of those touchy feely people worried about offending anybody. Move to Iran or China, Do you think they will be worried about offending you when they pray? I dont think so, therefore if a Coach wants to Pray with his team, he should be allowed. The Coach may or may not be an agent of the State , but I will tell you one thing, I would rather approach the pearly gates knowing I did the right thing and resisted the athiest imposition on my relationship with God. Than be like yourself and conform to others. Our Country is going downhill, it is people like you who let it happen.

MAN THATS THE WAY TO LAY IT DOWN. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. KEEP GOD FIRST IN YOUR LIVES. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am sure this situation like every other one of its kind was started by 1 person who disagreed with the prayer. If we want to talk about Ammendments and what the Country was founded on, lets discuss democracy, which is suppose to mean that "The majority rules" If the coach wants to pray, let him pray, the kids that disagree should go rake the infield until the prayer is over.

Aa far as your child being in China town, if you choose to move him to china town, then you should understand up front that he is now in a different culture and buddhism is what they do......

Actually, in America, what's supposed to be great about our country is that we can move our families to East Tennessee, Chinatown, San Francisco, New York, or Texas without experiencing religious descrimination.

What if you were the only player on the team who believed differently than the others? What if your parents told you that you weren't allowed to pray with the rest of the team? Most of you on here have never experienced religious descrimination. When you do, you won't feel the same way, trust me.

Why do the same people who complain about "big government" want "government (coaches)" into their children's spiritual lives? Why can't you see that it needs to be separate?

It isn't depriving the coach of any right to pray. It just deprives that coach a right to lead his team in prayer. it's the same thing in the classroom. in most companies, it's the same thing in the boardroom.

what you see is "wrong" with our country is about all that's been right with it lately. i guess you just have to experience some different things in life before you can understand...

In Iran, they would make you pray. They are a theocracy ruled by Mullahs (religious leaders). I think you would feel more comfortable there. They could even take people like me and execute me because I believe in religious freedom for everyone. That might make your day.

I'm sorry I care about people. I didn't realize not being a fascist meant you had to be a panzy.

Beware...Sinclair Lewis said, "Facism will come to America wrapped in a flag carrying a bible." My pastor read that quote to us, by the way, and he's not nearly as touchy-feely as some people!