The State of Shelbyville Basketball

oleVandyfan06

After reading some recent articles on the local Shelbyville newspaper, I have found the following comments that were made about the program. Has Shelbyville girls basketball gotten so bad since Insell has left that the program is falling apart from within? What are your thoughts on this once powerful program that was recently beaten in the Region semifinal game for the first time in nearly 10 to 12 years.

The following are comments that were posted in the local paper and the appropriate link shown so you don't think I am making this up...

http://www.t-g.com/story/1507292.html

COMMENTS FROM PAPER: NOT ME

I was not going to comment but just could not resist. I like Coach Rick and think of him as a friend. He may not me but that life. I am not hiding behind screen names so we all know who I am. My daugther made serveral mistakes herself last night am i pleased NO but she is just a child. We need to have more shoot the ball last night and not be afraid to shoot. Early in the season a Fan told her not to shoot, that we can not win if you shoot. The two times she was leading scorer we lost but Hannah was in foul trouble and Ceny was having a off night.

I think some are just not happy with things. Some what to back to the good ole days. Our just what to go forward. Its sad to see all this going this way.

Some outsiders are going to be happy to see this happen to the Shelbyville Program. But who knows things may not be as bad as it seems

I think some are just not happy with things. Some what to back to the good ole days. Our just what to go forward. Its sad to see all this going this way.

Some outsiders are going to be happy to see this happen to the Shelbyville Program. But who knows things may not be as bad as it seems

"Sad to see all this going this way".... Your coach got Coach of the Year in a tough district and ya'll did just not have the talent this year. Come on, are you serious?? Welcome to reality my friend. There are college teams that get to recruit legally that have not had the run that the Eaglettes have. I guess they should fire Pat Summitt this year hun? Do you have any idea how many well coached teams did not even make it out of the district this year?

"Sad to see all this going this way".....Count your blessings and quit looking at all the negatives. In my eyes, Shelbyville girls basketball has been blessed with good favor and still is.

I'm from your region and I know Shelbyville not only from being beaten by the school but almost hold it in reverence for what it has meant and surely the loss of a coach hasn't caused these artlcles in a paper to come out. i could tell something was wrong and posted as such as it looked as if the changing of the guard was happening with Shelbyville, Wilson, losing more games than usual. Some of that is likely the case but internal bickering I not being from there i did not know but i could tell from afar something was wrong. Your Coach is the only one that can correct that problem and Insell, yes, would have done it. No question. So its now up to him and he knows where the bar is set and his viewpoint is needed before all of this gets started and all of the parents need to hear his viewpoint. Shelbyville can't have lost that much. They are not getting those big post players they used to get and where are those players going. And unless I'm missing something and a lot are graduating, the rest of the players are there. But not with bickering. So from an outsider, a Coach has to solve internal strife but it looks like the program is the same except for that. The rest of this region has caught up with District 8 this this year, however.

I'm from your region and I know Shelbyville not only from being beaten by the school but almost hold it in reverence for what it has meant and surely the loss of a coach hasn't caused these artlcles in a paper to come out. i could tell something was wrong and posted as such as it looked as if the changing of the guard was happening with Shelbyville, Wilson, losing more games than usual. Some of that is likely the case but internal bickering I not being from there i did not know but i could tell from afar something was wrong. Your Coach is the only one that can correct that problem and Insell, yes, would have done it. No question. So its now up to him and he knows where the bar is set and his viewpoint is needed before all of this gets started and all of the parents need to hear his viewpoint. Shelbyville can't have lost that much. They are not getting those big post players they used to get and where are those players going. And unless I'm missing something and a lot are graduating, the rest of the players are there. But not with bickering. So from an outsider, a Coach has to solve internal strife but it looks like the program is the same except for that. The rest of this region has caught up with District 8 this this year, however.

This stuff goes on with every team. It is not some debacle. Think about it, we are commenting on player's parents comments. Of course they are going to say things when they lose. Basketball is a streaky sport and alot of teams can win against one another on a given night. Shelbyville did not have a bad regular season; so would we be having this conversation if they were still playing. They got put out by a team that just played better on that night...Period. I hate to use the word "almost", but for crying out loud, Belmont "almost" beat Duke in the NCAA tournament last year. Not to mention, Duke has lost to some teams that they normally don't lose to this year. Does this mean that they have "strife" going on in the program? Does this mean that Coach K has lost control or is not doing a good job??? Ummmm..of course not...It is the real world; unfortunately, Shelbyville hasn't had to deal with it in a long time.

This stuff goes on with every team. It is not some debacle. Think about it, we are commenting on player's parents comments. Of course they are going to say things when they lose. Basketball is a streaky sport and alot of teams can win against one another on a given night. Shelbyville did not have a bad regular season; so would we be having this conversation if they were still playing. They got put out by a team that just played better on that night...Period. I hate to use the word "almost", but for crying out loud, Belmont "almost" beat Duke in the NCAA tournament last year. Not to mention, Duke has lost to some teams that they normally don't lose to this year. Does this mean that they have "strife" going on in the program? Does this mean that Coach K has lost control or is not doing a good job??? Ummmm..of course not...It is the real world; unfortunately, Shelbyville hasn't had to deal with it in a long time.

[/quoteSo I might not be misunderstood. my thoughts were a couple of good sozed post players would have helped the team but not being close, I knew nothing about anything else. However District 7 did seem to catch up with Shelbyville this year and thus the rest of 8. That may be a just a yearly thing but the same thing might happen to Wilson to and look at Mt Juliet, district 9 had the some thing to happen.

Only saw your team play once this year. I was rather impressed. They lost to a good team and were definitely in it until the end. "The Good Old Days" can cause strife on any team in any sport. I am sure the coach will get it taken care of. You don't replace CI with just somebody off the street.

Maybe the players they used to "attract" are playing in their own hometowns?

And there it is! Take the top 10 all time Eaglettes to play and then list their hometowns..bet half are not from Shelbyville. The funny part about the T-G article comments was about "how back in the day the girls supported the boys team" ...ha! On road games they would leave at halftime on their charter bus! That's hilarious!