Clay County vs Clarkrange (4th Time)

TopDawg83

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Countians would love nothing more than welcoming the Temple Crusaders with a 2nd dose of Upper Cumberland hospitality "BULLDAWG STYLE". I know the 1st dose left a very "bitter" taste in their mouths since they were heavily favored to return to the 'Boro 4 yrs ago but left the Dawg House heading back to Chattanooga with the end of their season in tow.

Game on big boy. I'll make the first prediction, Temple by 25, unless they want to run it up.

CR gave CC a good game. Down to the last second. I knew at 9.3 to go that we were heading into overtime but we didn't pulled out a 1pt win. I knew it wouldn't be an easy game but that we could win it. I think if a few of those shots under the goal could have been put in it would have been at least a 12pt win for CC. They did miss some that they shouldn't have and didn't rebound very well. All in all good game CR! And for CC lets get READY for Monday Night! I know all the Temple fans are going to be saying if they only put up 32pts we can beat them to death and i thought that might be true until i talked to a former coach today that said he has been watching Temple play this year and has seen almost every CC game and he thinks the low points is mostly because the teams we have played are good on D. CC has also stepped up their D game in Post season. I'm ready to watch some good basketball on Monday!

PS #3 from CR should have got all reg. and also tyler from CC. I seen all the games and both of them played well enough to have been all reg. Just what i think ... don't amount to much but i do think both of those boys played good ball. Nathan Knight did great in Region hope he keeps that up.

WOW! Was that a WILD ONE or what? Just a little info for those that weren't there and missed this one:

Unless I mis-counted there were about 5 HEART-STOPPING turnovers committed in the last 45 seconds.

The 2 FTs that Tyler Edwards attempted with 9 secs left (made 1 - "the game winner") were the ONLY FTs attempted by CCHS.

Clarkrange only shot 6 FTs the entire game - 2 in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and NONE in the 4th.

The most mind blowing tidbit: For the last 7.3 seconds of the game NO ONE HAD POSSESSION OF THE BALL!

Bodies all over the floor, the ball acting like a "pinball" bouncing off player after player, players slamming into one another, and the clock just kept ticking without anyone ever securing it or attempting a shot!

Both teams left it all (literally) on the floor tonite. Everyone in Watertown got their money's worth.

One of those games where neither team deserved to lose but knowing someone was going to.

Both teams' fans showed the other the RESPECT they deserved when they were called to get their trophy.

Made ME proud to be part of DISTRICT 7A! Good Luck To The Dawgs and The Buffs in your journey to the BORO!

It looks like it was a good defensive effort on the side of both teams. Congratulations to Clay County on a hard fought win. I was shocked to hear that it was such a low scoring game.

I cannot comprehend any team holding Temple to just 31 points. I am not sure that Temple could hold any team to just 31 points unless they were just weak. It will be interesting to come up to Clay County again.

I was there when Temple lost at Clay County the last time and the loss was more about Temple beating themselves then Clay's superiority - Was there some homecooking there back then? I do not remember... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It looks like it was a good defensive effort on the side of both teams. Congratulations to Clay County on a hard fought win. I was shocked to hear that it was such a low scoring game.

I cannot comprehend any team holding Temple to just 31 points. I am not sure that Temple could hold any team to just 31 points unless they were just weak. It will be interesting to come up to Clay County again.

I was there when Temple lost at Clay County the last time and the loss was more about Temple beating themselves then Clay's superiority - Was there some homecooking there back then? I do not remember... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I was also at the game and do you think that Clay could have had something to do with Temple beating themselves. Clays fans will be hard to handle so come prepared

I was also at the game and do you think that Clay could have had something to do with Temple beating themselves. Clays fans will be hard to handle so come prepared

No, I really do not think that Clay had that much to do with it. It could have been any team that night. Temple had a double digit lead going into the fourth quarter (I think). We had actually started to run the clock down and one or two of our players started unravelling, there were a couple of times where one of our players uncharacteristically missed free throws, and a couple of times when we failed to put a ball in the basket after rebounding it three or four times, especially at the end of the game when we were down by one. There were also some obvious hokey calls during the fourth quarter. For those of us who watched that team all season we knew it was an off night for them. Every team has an off night at times and that night just happened to be the wrong night to have an off night.

If you remember, Clay was put out the first round of the tournament. Grace finished runner up at the tournament and Temple played Grace that season five times and was neck and neck with them every game except one. In fact, Temple beat Grace for the district title. So, yes, I think Temple's loss was more about Temple beating themselves. Honestly, region three is one of the toughest regions in the state. http://tfponline.com/news/2009/mar/06/c ... te-worthy/

To your teams' credit, they played ball and made sure that they covered things on their end and put themselves in a position to win, but it was more about needing Temple to fail than about Clay's ability to win. Just my honest opinion and you did ask.

The only way Clay can win Monday night is for Temple to have an uncharacteristic off night. Your fans were great the last time we were there and all your folks were very nice. Since our school is not on Sring break this time, mayber we can bring up more than twenty or thirty people. I hope Clay plays their absolutely best game of the season.