CPA Basketball: Did they Under-Achieve

bricedrew

CPA is losing 2 very good players, do they have any good young players coming up? What are the expectations for the team over the next couple of years? I have a hard time seeing Maddux sticking around if the program is not winning. He is a competitor and likes to win. You can only do so much as a coach. You can't win if you don't have talent and there are a bunch of schools around him competing to bring that talent in. Now, they are the only private school in that area not offering scholarships. I don't see him being there 3 years from now.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA is losing 2 very good players, do they have any good young players coming up? What are the expectations for the team over the next couple of years? I have a hard time seeing Maddux sticking around if the program is not winning. He is a competitor and likes to win. You can only do so much as a coach. You can't win if you don't have talent and there are a bunch of schools around him competing to bring that talent in. Now, they are the only private school in that area not offering scholarships. I don't see him being there 3 years from now.

They are not the only private school in the area that does not give scholarships.

They are not the only private school in the area that does not give scholarships.

FRA - DII

BGA- DII

MBA-D-II

Ensworth-DII

Brentwood Academy-DII

Father Ryan - DII

CPA IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT GIVE SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE AREA...And don't try to say DCA and Goodpasture, the people that attend the schools above would never step foot in either of the 2.

FRA - DII

BGA- DII

MBA-D-II

Ensworth-DII

Brentwood Academy-DII

Father Ryan - DII

CPA IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT GIVE SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE AREA...And don't try to say DCA and Goodpasture, the people that attend the schools above would never step foot in either of the 2.

Wrong again. Lipscomb does not give scholarships & they are in your own district.

There is only one explanation, very poor coaching. If all you have to do all day is prepare for practice and not 3-4 lesson preps like most coaches, Two 2000 point scorers and great fan support you should return to state. Drew is way over rated.

A quote from Mark Twain comes to mind....

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?

There is only one explanation, very poor coaching. If all you have to do all day is prepare for practice and not 3-4 lesson preps like most coaches, Two 2000 point scorers and great fan support you should return to state. Drew is way over rated.

I truly cannot believe that you keep this broken record going, only furthering embarrassing yourself. 81-21 in 3 years. Many lives changed by him including my own. Whether this is just a joke to you to repeatedly search out CPA topics so you can add a Maddux-bashing comment in the middle of a conversation to incite posts like this one, or you have personal vendetta against the man but you don't have the "cojones" to face him in person, it is really just sad.

You have made your point

0 people have yet to agree with you

maybe it's time to grow up?

I think next year CPA will have a learning experience, and they will not be the team that everybody wants to beat. I think the cpa fans will like that. The favorite to win the district next year is Maplewood. There will be three new teams entering this district next year. Maplewood, Whites Creek, and Stratford. It should interesting to how the district will play out with three new teams

I think CPA fans are kidding themselves if they say that the team wasnt a disappointment this year. All expectations were for this team to return to state and win. I am sure the coaches and players had this as their number one goal. If they did not have it as their number one goal then that would truly be disappointing. So, to answer the question did CPA underacheive, I think we all know the answer to that whether we get overly defensive to a simple question or not. There is no shame in playing hard and losing. The thing you have to remember is the bar is set very high for teams like this which makes underacheiving very easy to do. Just ask Coach Maddux whose Goodpasture teams of the mid 90's were great teams but underacheived. Sometimes its not in the cards.