Region 2-A vs. Region 1-A

DCBoysfan

There is no guarantee they won't be mean, etc...but, hopefully the influences and teachings will make an impression on their lives in a positive way. That's the most any parent can hope and pray for. I'm not a "white collar"....I'm just a worker bee like most people...

Man, I apologize to you because you seem to be a down to earth poster, but oldeagle is right. If fact, our whole country has turned away from God. What we call Godliness today would make our ancestors roll in their graves. We've got kids who think they can just dress any way, plug up their electric guitars and go into a church and jam out like a heavy metal band and say they are playing for Jesus. Doing anything for Jesus should draw attention away from yourself, not to yourself. If something worked for hundreds of years, why change it during this modern era. We have cell phones and computers but we can't understand the ole KJV, so we bring in about 20 other versions scripted to suit our beliefs? Give me a break. A Preacher told me one time, "If its true, its not new and if its new, its not true. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Back to basketball, Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Landerssssssssssssssssssssssss!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I apologize to you because you seem to be a down to earth poster, but oldeagle is right. If fact, our whole country has turned away from God. What we call Godliness today would make our ancestors roll in their graves. We've got kids who think they can just dress any way, plug up their electric guitars and go into a church and jam out like a heavy metal band and say they are playing for Jesus. Doing anything for Jesus should draw attention away from yourself, not to yourself. If something worked for hundreds of years, why change it during this modern era. We have cell phones and computers but we can't understand the ole KJV, so we bring in about 20 other versions scripted to suit our beliefs? Give me a break. A Preacher told me one time, "If its true, its not new and if its new, its not true. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Back to basketball, Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Landerssssssssssssssssssssssss!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm just being truthful here. I agree about our country. It's in a mess and I'm with you on the KJV...it's what is inside a person's heart that matters and only that person and God know the truth...anyway, seems we have similar views on certain things...that's good to know. I wish all the teams headed to the State lots of luck and safe travels and as always, Go RAMS!!!

Guest AmazingGrace4551

I could respect that also if it was true. I know that there are a handful of kids at Grace who go there for the right reasons but MOST of them are there for two reasons , athletics or their parents think they are to good and precious to go to public school. Deny that all you guys want , but you know deep in your heart that its true. If you want to see a fine example of a kid NOT living for christ going to your school ONLY for athletics check out some of their myspace pages or listen to their mouths run after they score a TD. No school that size builds athletic teams to the level you guys are at as fast as you have without somehow luring the right kids to your school. You guys should play in the private league.

I guess I could agree with the fact that not all the kids at Grace come for the right reasons, but that is just how it is. Now, when talking about our rapid growth, we have been totally legal in all we've done. No coach has went out and recruited, we don't offer tuition discounts, or anything of the like. The lure you speak of is simply the small school environmment, the great teachers, or the parents desire of the child be out of public schools. Their is nothing illegal in any of that. As a matter a fact, I bet Grace recruits about the same as any public school. If any "recruiting" takes place, it is more than likely current students telling their friends that they should come to Grace. Word of mouth is not recruiting. Pumping up a school and its athletic programs is not recruiting. Let the kids decide where they wanna play. We do not "lure" kids in. At least in ways that you all suggest. I hate to keep going on about this subject but as a alumni of Grace I feel the need for the truth to be told.

Sorry but it would be a 20 point game. Not even gonna debate it, but yall must have really improved from last year after that over 20 point beatdown Grace gave you at Unaka last year. But you prob went out and got some new players right?

Sorry, but it would not be a 20 point game. Grace is not a powerhouse like you think they are...

I'm just being truthful here. I agree about our country. It's in a mess and I'm with you on the KJV...it's what is inside a person's heart that matters and only that person and God know the truth...anyway, seems we have similar views on certain things...that's good to know. I wish all the teams headed to the State lots of luck and safe travels and as always, Go RAMS!!!

Wow, you really are a Christian. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Its hard to find anybody off the mountain who believes in ONE word of God. Graceramfan, I take two different types of medicine for being a nut, but when God saved me, he gave me a new heart. I guess I'll have to wait til I get to heaven to get a new brain. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope them Lady Bulldogs win today! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />