AA Sectionals

13aafanatic

The games are set.

Let's hear your statewide thoughts and predictions.

Gibbs (22-8) at Elizabethton (26-7)

South Greene (28-5) at Seymour (21-8)

Upperman (31-2) at McMinn Central (33-0)

Polk Co. (26-6) at Livingston Academy (22-12)

Camden (17-14) at Hume-Fogg (22-5)

CPA (27-7) at Bolivar (24-6)

BT Washington (21-7) at Gibson Co. (31-0)

Westview (29-5) at Mitchell (18-8)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The games are set.

I'll go with Elizabethton, South Greene, McMinn Central, Livingston Academy, Hume-Fogg, Bolivar, Gibson Co., and Westview.

That'd be a site to see!!!!!!!!! Preferably, Gibson Co. winning it!

I don't think McMinn is going to be able to beat Upperman though. I saw both teams last year at state and I'm not sure McMinn will be able to stop the big girl for Upperman down lown as well as Lashay outside. That'll be an AWESOME sub-state game for sure!

I'm wanting to pick Polk Co. over Livingston for some reason. I had to really think about that. After a big win like that, a team usually has a let down the next game. I still picked Livingston based on tradition and them knowing how to get to the state tournament.

Gibson Co. always seem to get paired up against the eventual state champion, however, to be the best you have to beat the best. Last years showing at state for Gibson Co. was not a good one. If we're to make it to Murfreesboro, expect a totally different team from last years state tournament team!

I'm wanting to pick Polk Co. over Livingston for some reason. I had to really think about that. After a big win like that, a team usually has a let down the next game. I still picked Livingston based on tradition and them knowing how to get to the state tournament.

There very well could be a let down Saturday night and I won't say it can't happen but i just feel like with the LA playing the States toughest schedule for AA (which appears to be paying off) and a huge win tonight ( we could have won the other 3 as well but give Upperman credit they are good), I feel like this team is finally playing their best ball right now. They had fun tonight. Plus playing at LA is pretty overwhelming for a lot of clubs! I just hope people judge us on our record and not our ability.

GO HOG-EYE!!!

I was shocked to hear that LA had beaten Upperman. It doesn't hurt my feelings! Either McMinn or Upperman will be knocked out and they were supposed to be 2 locks to be in the 'boro. Livingston is always a threat when they make it to Murfreesboro.

I'm feeling pretty good with my Lady Pioneers though! Our last 4 wins have been by a margin of 24, 33, 33, and 33. Two of those wins against a very good Westview team that might just be back in the 'boro and another one of those wins was against Chassidy Fussell (Ms. Basketball finalist) and Obion Co.

The games are set.

Elizabethton

South Greene

McMinn Central/Upperman (too close to call)

Livingston Academy

Hume-Fogg

Bolivar Central

Gibson County

Martin Westview

Elizabethton

South Greene

McMinn Central/Upperman (too close to call)

Livingston Academy

Hume-Fogg

Bolivar Central

Gibson County

Martin Westview

Gotta say I agree. I think that CPA/Bolivar is a toss-up. CPA's coaching is some of the best in the state, so they will be prepared. I am going to take a chance, and say Upperman beats McMinn. It is a close one, but I think Upperman may have the edge.