Region 6 AA

greenergrass

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivar wins 59-40. Controlled the game start to finish. Didn't have much effort in second half but didn't have to. But while Bolivar is good, they are not state champion material. Someone with an inside game that makes it a half court game will be able to take them.

AA is a crapshoot this year. Anybody can win it. Getting to M'boro is the first step, which still isn't a given for Bolivar or anyone else. But it's a 3 game tourney once you get there and anything can happen, especially this year. There are NO dominant teams in AA.

Bolivar wins 59-40. Controlled the game start to finish. Didn't have much effort in second half but didn't have to. But while Bolivar is good, they are not state champion material. Someone with an inside game that makes it a half court game will be able to take them.

I wonder what team you are talking about, is there a specific team that you know about thats in 2a that has a big man that plays a slow game or is this a dream team thats put together in your mind just to beat Bolivar. The fact is that this Bolivar team plays great defence and will defend you no matter if you play fast or slow. Every team has a system that the other has to defend, no combination of player or system garentees victory. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'd say Livingston Academy. You know them. They beat Bolivar in Harpeth's play day by about 10. They have a big man with a nice touch and they can run. Chase Dunn is as quick as Tidwell and almost all of them can shoot the 3. They've lost to Upperman in a rivalry game and to Ensworth who won the DII title by 1. Of what's left in AA, them and Dyer County are heads and shoulders above anybody else I've seen. LA's second 5 isn't too far behind their 1st.

I'd say Livingston Academy. You know them. They beat Bolivar in Harpeth's play day by about 10. They have a big man with a nice touch and they can run. Chase Dunn is as quick as Tidwell and almost all of them can shoot the 3. They've lost to Upperman in a rivalry game and to Ensworth who won the DII title by 1. Of what's left in AA, them and Dyer County are heads and shoulders above anybody else I've seen. LA's second 5 isn't too far behind their 1st.

Are you seriously going to base your facts on a play day that LA only won by 10, I've been in a bunch of play day games they mean nothing as far as the regular season. A pparently Dyer Co was'nt head and shoulders above Covington in the region final. As for loses, Bolivar lost to Jackson Northside by one point[they have Prather who should be Mr Basketball] a four point setback to the 3 time defending Alabama state champion,and a 10 point defeat at Covington [ chris reaves did not play ]. I do not know anything about LA except they have a good record and they were ranked so people who watch and write about basketball think that they are one of the top 10 teams in AA, but they seem to think the same about Bolivar. No one can tell who will win unless they play in yhe regular season. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you seriously going to base your facts on a play day that LA only won by 10, I've been in a bunch of play day games they mean nothing as far as the regular season. A pparently Dyer Co was'nt head and shoulders above Covington in the region final. As for loses, Bolivar lost to Jackson Northside by one point[they have Prather who should be Mr Basketball] a four point setback to the 3 time defending Alabama state champion,and a 10 point defeat at Covington [ chris reaves did not play ]. I do not know anything about LA except they have a good record and they were ranked so people who watch and write about basketball think that they are one of the top 10 teams in AA, but they seem to think the same about Bolivar. No one can tell who will win unless they play in yhe regular season. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Having seen LA play, they wrote the book on fundamentally sound basketball. They will cut & screen you to death and wear you down and their shooters are solid. They don't make mistakes. Athletically, Bolivar has the advantage. Taking nothing away from a good Bolivar team, LA is the best coached team I have seen all year. They will throw everything at you, and a team cannot be prepared enough for everything they do. Next to John Jenkins (Station Camp), Chase Dunn is one of the best shooters/players I have seen. Would be a fun game to watch for sure!

Yep. While you're looking at Livingston Academy's record, look at the number of ranked teams they've beaten in the regular season. I agree with you about play day other than LA was in mid season form on November 15th. I don't imagine they've regressed any.

They've beaten Clarksville NE, CPA, Station Camp and Harpeth handily. You asked the question dude. LA is the best AA team I've seen this year and no, I haven't seen them all. LA and Bolivar would be a game I'd pay to see.

Sometimes the best team doesn't always win. At this time it's who plays the best that day, besides there is a certain sub-state game that both must win to advance on. Once the post-season starts, what happened during the season doesn't matter. What matters now is to go undefeated the rest of the way, no matter how you get the "W". Good luck to both LA and Bolivar, hope to see both still playing in a couple of weeks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />