Henry County and the rest of the region

the prophet

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upon further review, just looking at the Clarksville schools it appears to be a weaker region that first assumed.

Rossview the top dog from last year at 7-4

beat a 4-6 clarksville team

a 0-10 Mont Central

a 0- 10 Springfield

a 1-9 Creekwood

a 2-8 nw

a 2-8 portland

a 2-8 kenwood

and lost to a 4-6 NE

and gave up 60 in a playoff game ouch

basically Rossview was 1-7 against teams with a losing record and 0-3 against teams with a winning record.

NE, was out scored last seasn 211-138

Clarksville on 8 games 177-121

Springfield 307-99

Nw 303- 138

kenwood 218-159

Henry County was 6-1 agains teams with a winning record with their sole loss coming to Hillsboro.

Those teams include

Liberty 7-4

Brighton 9-2

Hardin 7-4

Westview 7-5

Fairley 9-3

Melrose 8-5

upon further review, just looking at the Clarksville schools it appears to be a weaker region that first assumed.

Actually Clarksville was 6-4 losing to Oakland (5A state champion), Beech(who lost to hillsboro in the qtr's), Mt. Juliet at their place, and Rossview at their place. But again Clarksville lost all of their skill positions and will not be any good this year. I think having them in the 5th place in that region is a stretch.

I agree. Though none were powerhouses last year, you'd have to take the combination of Hardin Co, Brighton, and Liberty over anything this new district will offer. The difficulty will come at playoff time, as I assume Henry County will be playing middle Tennessee teams instead of Memphis schools.

I agree. Though none were powerhouses last year, you'd have to take the combination of Hardin Co, Brighton, and Liberty over anything this new district will offer. The difficulty will come at playoff time, as I assume Henry County will be playing middle Tennessee teams instead of Memphis schools.

Henry County will not face a better team than Melrose of the last three years, in any of the first three rounds. Middle Tennessee will be easier than what they have been facing. First round games will hopefully be tougher in the new set-up.

Henry County will not face a better team than Melrose of the last three years, in any of the first three rounds. Middle Tennessee will be easier than what they have been facing. First round games will hopefully be tougher in the new set-up.

Last three years - vs Memphis teams (11-1)

vs Nashville teams (0-3)

which, in case you have forgotten, includes the 2008 4A state champs, who happened to end Maryville's ridiculously long winning streak in the process, and who has handled Henry County each of the last two times they played. I'll take my chances in Memphis.

Last three years - vs Memphis teams (11-1)

vs Nashville teams (0-3)

which, in case you have forgotten, includes the 2008 4A state champs, who happened to end Maryville's ridiculously long winning streak in the process, and who has handled Henry County each of the last two times they played. I'll take my chances in Memphis.

I would agree with Red Warrior. He said in the "first three rounds". If we can continue to finish at the top of the region, then we would not face a Hillsboro 2006/2008, or Maplewood 2007 caliber team until the semifinals. I don't believe Nashville to have a Melrose caliber team, other than Hillsboro. Maplewood will be in 4A. Who is to say that we won't continue going West in the playoffs? Does ANYONE understand the new playoff structure?

I would agree with Red Warrior. He said in the "first three rounds". If we can continue to finish at the top of the region, then we would not face a Hillsboro 2006/2008, or Maplewood 2007 caliber team until the semifinals. I don't believe Nashville to have a Melrose caliber team, other than Hillsboro. Maplewood will be in 4A. Who is to say that we won't continue going West in the playoffs? Does ANYONE understand the new playoff structure?

I agree that little has been officially said about playoff seeding and district by district matchups, but District 10 is usually considered a middle Tn district. Much like in basketball currently, I assume that Henry County will have to travel through Nashville in the first 3 rounds and then would face the West champ in the semi-finals. If this is true, that would result in Henry County playing Hillsboro in the quarterfinals instead of semi's. Now I'll agree that round 2 would probably be a more difficult matchup in Memphis rather than Nashville, but having to play a Hillsboro in the third round instead of the 4th would make for an overall tougher playoff picture in my opinion. Again, this may be irrelevant depending on the matchups.

I agree that little has been officially said about playoff seeding and district by district matchups, but District 10 is usually considered a middle Tn district. Much like in basketball currently, I assume that Henry County will have to travel through Nashville in the first 3 rounds and then would face the West champ in the semi-finals. If this is true, that would result in Henry County playing Hillsboro in the quarterfinals instead of semi's. Now I'll agree that round 2 would probably be a more difficult matchup in Memphis rather than Nashville, but having to play a Hillsboro in the third round instead of the 4th would make for an overall tougher playoff picture in my opinion. Again, this may be irrelevant depending on the matchups.

I can't believe that Hillsboro can be quite as good next year with a new coach and HUGE losses to graduation. The question is however, will we be even close to as good as we have been. I think we will be closer to what we have been than Hillsboro will.

Too bad Henry doesn't have Munford still on the schedule. The new staff is a joke. Players don't have to lift weights unless they feel like it, the new coach is trying to be friends with the players instead of discipling them, etc. Henry could put 80 on them next year. What a joke. This makes the 5th coach under Marshal. This one won't last 2 seasons. I wonder what the problem is the coaches or the principal(duh)?

Too bad Henry doesn't have Munford still on the schedule. The new staff is a joke. Players don't have to lift weights unless they feel like it, the new coach is trying to be friends with the players instead of discipling them, etc. Henry could put 80 on them next year. What a joke. This makes the 5th coach under Marshal. This one won't last 2 seasons. I wonder what the problem is the coaches or the principal(duh)?

Who is the new coach, and where did he come from? Where did Randall and cougarmike end up?

a 0-10 Mont Central

a 0- 10 Springfield

a 1-9 Creekwood

a 2-8 nw

a 2-8 portland

a 2-8 kenwood

and lost to a 4-6 NE

and gave up 60 in a playoff game ouch

basically Rossview was 1-7 against teams with a losing record and 0-3 against teams with a winning record.

NE, was out scored last seasn 211-138

Clarksville on 8 games 177-121

Springfield 307-99

Nw 303- 138

kenwood 218-159

Henry County was 6-1 agains teams with a winning record with their sole loss coming to Hillsboro.

Those teams include

Liberty 7-4

Brighton 9-2

Hardin 7-4

Westview 7-5

Fairley 9-3

Melrose 8-5

The Clarksville region will match Henry County athlete for athlete just won't have some of the advantages HC has. Their own officials being the biggest one. lol