New State Tourney Game Times: One Session Per Day

CoachT

One major change this year is that the Wed, Thur, and Fri games begin at 10AM and play straight through with the last game ending around 7PM which should be more convenient for fans and players. In years past there have been two sessions a day with three games, an intermission, and then three more games ending at 10PM or so. Six games in 9 hours for the diehard fans this year.

Thoughts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One major change this year is that the Wed, Thur, and Fri games begin at 10AM and play straight through with the last game ending around 7PM which should be more convenient for fans and players. In years past there have been two sessions a day with three games, an intermission, and then three more games ending at 10PM or so. Six games in 9 hours for the diehard fans this year.

Thoughts?

It's probably ok for the diehard fans like myself..I've sat through games from 10 in the morning until around 10 at night..But I'm not sure the whole story is known..All those other years if I' remember correctly...I could pay about seven dollars and watch just 1 game or all three games of the morning session..If I wanted to just say watch,Gibson Co girls only..could pay the 7 dollars and leave...or stay and watch at least 2 more games..And if I wanted to watch another team in the afternoon session or all the games..they would clear the gym and I could pay 7 more dollars and watch those games..It would be up to me..The way I hear it is now..And I could be wrong..is that they are going to charge 14.00 for the all day session..Don't know if that's right or not..If it is..doesn't sound fair to a family that maybe has 4 or 5 family members..or for that matter just 1 person that just wants to see maybe one game..Especially as tough as the economy is...A family of 5 would be paying $70.00 just to get in the games instead of 35.00..Then with concessions as high as they are at the games..going to really hurt a lot of people...Like I said though..this could just be a rumour that I am being told..Hopefully it is..

For the so-called die hard fans this would be right up their alley. But as the old saying goes...you can't make everyone happy. Will the price of admission go up ? If you leave can you get back in without paying again ? I think that one would be hard to monitor myself.

All in all I like it myself. I know last year I had to catch a ride to the Boro and meet a friend that was in Nashville working. I thought I would stay and watch a few games till his arrival. I got there the last game of the first session and had to leave while they cleaned and restocked concessions or whatever. I think it's a good idea.

For the so-called die hard fans this would be right up their alley. But as the old saying goes...you can't make everyone happy. Will the price of admission go up ? If you leave can you get back in without paying again ? I think that one would be hard to monitor myself.

All in all I like it myself. I know last year I had to catch a ride to the Boro and meet a friend that was in Nashville working. I thought I would stay and watch a few games till his arrival. I got there the last game of the first session and had to leave while they cleaned and restocked concessions or whatever. I think it's a good idea.

I'm with you..For the diehard fans..may not be a bad idea..if you are going to be going to all the games anyway..If that's the case..may would be cheaper if you bought the pass for the whole tournament..But for the mothers and Dads and Grandparents,maybe only wanting to see one certain team..could really hurt..at least if the prices go up double..And since people would have already bought tickets for the whole day..I would assume they would allow you to leave for maybe 1 game and go out to eat since you bought the whole session anyway whereas last year you could leave at the end of 1 game or a session..!I'm curious if they've went up double or maybe charge maybe like $10.00 for the whole day..Three dollars more than what it maybe usually costs..but still cheaper for people wanting to watch all the games..And for the people just wanting to watch 1 or 2 games..The T.S.S.A.A. would still have made an extra $3.00 off those people..!

I can't find any info on the ticket prices but will try and find out.

ok thanks..Hopefully if the sessions last year were 7.00 they'll at least not double the price for this new format...And extra 3 dollars instead of the extra 4 dollars would allow the diehard fans to watch a lot of games..in other words..reward those people for coming and watching a lot of ballgames..and at the same time..would cost a lot of people that aren't wanting to see but maybe 1 game ,three dollars more than they were going to pay..but at the same time..still better than paying an extra four dollars that they may have to pay..The T.S.S. would still make an extra 3 dollars from those people..Not the best of scenarios for the people wanting to see only 1 game but at the same time...helps out a little at a discounted price for the diehards...At least a middle ground for both parties..Hopefully it will be something like this.....Anyway..this may only be a 1 time deal or depending on how the M.T.S.U college teams does..Seems like I read that the top 3 or 4 teams in the Sun Belt Conference get to host a game..and that it looked like Middle Tenn was going to be one of those teams and more thasn likely would be hosting a game ..Not sure..but that could have been a reason for the new format!

ok thanks..Hopefully if the sessions last year were 7.00 they'll at least not double the price for this new format...And extra 3 dollars instead of the extra 4 dollars would allow the diehard fans to watch a lot of games..in other words..reward those people for coming and watching a lot of ballgames..and at the same time..would cost a lot of people that aren't wanting to see but maybe 1 game ,three dollars more than they were going to pay..but at the same time..still better than paying an extra four dollars that they may have to pay..The T.S.S. would still make an extra 3 dollars from those people..Not the best of scenarios for the people wanting to see only 1 game but at the same time...helps out a little at a discounted price for the diehards...At least a middle ground for both parties..Hopefully it will be something like this.....Anyway..this may only be a 1 time deal or depending on how the M.T.S.U college teams does..Seems like I read that the top 3 or 4 teams in the Sun Belt Conference get to host a game..and that it looked like Middle Tenn was going to be one of those teams and more thasn likely would be hosting a game ..Not sure..but that could have been a reason for the new format!

My guess is $10 but am more concerned about whether fans can leave and return.

I like the one ticket all day for $7.00. Great deal, although many will come & see only the game they are interested in & maybe a couple of others.

I don't like the starting times though. Start at 10:00 & done by 7pm ? Sure isn't a very friendly format for the working man or even a hoops fan without a team in the tourney but who still would like to see a couple of good

night games.

I bet attendance takes another hit.