Clarkrange vs Forrest

BuffaloFan

The basketball Gods were not kind to us, for sure. But Lady Rockets, we've been the underdog many times and have come out on top. The gold ball in the trophy case is living proof. You can do this, just one game at a time. GO LADY ROCKETS!!!

PS-We are ready. Murphy Center will be rockin'!!!!

Two single A teams from the same county in the Boro WOW! The Rockets of Forrest got a tough draw. Good luck Lady Rockets. That would be awesome to see both the Rockets and Bulldogs in the Final!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am puzzled by the so called "draw" in this years tourney. It appears that the four strongest teams got paired together in the same bracket. Very hard to call this coincidence. I don't know about half of these teams but Clarkrange has beaten Forrest this year by 31 points and have not been pushed by anyone this year. They've gotten the lead early on every team they've played and have never been behind in any game once they've gotten the lead. In the sub-state game last night they were up 50-5 in the second quarter. That's almost impossible to believe but it was 50 to 5 midway into the second. That is ridiculous. The subs came in and played the rest of the way and CR won 81-39. I have been watching CR basketball for a loooong time and I have never seen a more dominant team. They are flawless at times and if you try to run with them you will be destroyed. In all honesty, they could have scored 120 points last night if the starters had continued. Every starter can consistently shoot the three and the inside game is unmatched. This team has zero weaknesses. This is exactly why they MUST be very careful and remain totally focused on this tournament or there could be a big ooops. Teams that are so dominant all year react differently when they do get pushed in a tournament. Forrest is not a team to be taken lightly because anyone that knows Forrest knows they always start off the year slowly and steadily progress all season usually peaking around tournament time. Just ask a heavily favored Jackson County in '06. This team is well coached and while they do not have the talent of CR they will not lay down either. CR had better lace up the sneakers real tight and get their heads on straight and get ready for a war or bad things could happen. I believe CR will get it done as this is a very hungry team but do not overlook anyone in this tournament. Go Lady Buffaloes. We need that 8th State Championship.

Yes, ya gotta love a "blind draw", the Lady Rockets got the one opponent every other team was praying not to get.......I say it has just fallen to the Lady Rockets to make every team happy and knock out Crange in the first round!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Clarkrange is an incredible team and have been since game 1 this year....no one will deny that, but history is history and we need to look forward to Wed's game. As a previous poster said, Forrest historically, (didn't I just say history is history lol) builds all year and comes into tourney time focused and hungrey....I was hoping to see this match-up (well not THIS particular one /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) more like us and Cornersville for the Gold Ball... I truly believe we have the weapons to make this happen, Hawn and Waggoner are 2 of the very best in the State, Porter has been everywhere she needs to be and playing incredible....Bussell and Ledbetter take care of the ball, shoot the three and assist like they have to and then there is the bench!!!!!.....now before yall get going..... I know how good CR is, and I know they are experienced, I know they have been there before..... but so have we........and the bullseye is on CR's back this time........... as a previous poster said, better lace up those sneakers tight....... cause we're fixin' to knock you outta them!!!! Good luck to the wonderful Elite 8..... play injury free and GO GETTUM LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey "Knowitall", apparently you are a "knownothing" when it comes to class

& sportsmanship..This is the STATE TOURNAMENT> No one is here because

they are a bad team. Act like your team team deserves to be there.

And you know what, whether Forrest wins or loses...these girls have played the entire season with class and sportsmanship....take a lesson.

WRONG. Although it is a little easier on that side, PC is not getting to the finals. They are not that good. They beat a way overrated Jackson County team and now you think they are great. NOT. Forrest, SORRY. U R going down. It should be The Range Vs. The Cornersville Bulldogs in the finals. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I personally would just love to see a forrest-cornersville match-up!!!!! This would be awsome for our county.

Can you imagine???? How cool that would be!!!!Anything is possible as they are in different brackets......with their work cut out for them....As the saying goes.......to be the best, you gotta beat the best!!!! LOL Chapel Hill and Cornersville woulldn't have a citizen left in them if that happened, cause everything would be shut down and everyone would be at that game!!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

CR does not have a bullseye, they are aiming at a bullseye! You have to win 3 more and they will not overlook anyone!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way, JC was not overrated, they just got beat!!! JC could beat most, if not all the teams in the tournament!!! Don't get carried away. PC is there because they deserve it!!! Good luck 7a!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CR does not have a bullseye, they are aiming at a bullseye! You have to win 3 more and they will not overlook anyone!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way, JC was not overrated, they just got beat!!! JC could beat most, if not all the teams in the tournament!!! Don't get carried away. PC is there because they deserve it!!! Good luck 7a!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey options, Just want to wish you and your lady buff's GoodLuck. Enjoy the games for me, going to try to make it but it don't look to good right now. You Buff's go down there and clean house and make upper cumberland fan's proud of ya!! We will be cheering ya on from behind the wheel. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />