Blackman vs. Memphis Overton

bhsblaze09

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman is just like any other school in this tournament, no more and the way it worked out ,no less. They, a lot of times, were underdogs but fought it out and were able to do the right things at the right times. Their coach developed their team to respond to adversity and had players that just stepped up. Sometimes it was one and then other times it was others. But he knew his players and what to ask of them. Was there some luck in that? There had to be. Was this a special group to be able to do it? I think so. Were the right buttons pushed with motivtion? yes. Were they motivated by peers in school? A LOT. Did a lot of this happen by work on the defensive end of the court? I think most of it was. Games are won defensively first and then you hope you score enough points. There WILL to score enough points was good enough to be where they are today and thats pretty good. Blaze, keep the furnace running and keep the school supporting the players. It can be done.

Memphis Overton wins and 7AAA will be spectators. All better watch out for McGavock and Hillsboro. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I was speaking with my nephew yesterday both his kids attend Blackman and word out of the school is Central needs to pack there lunch and dinner cause to win my take all day! lol!

I was speaking with my nephew yesterday both his kids attend Blackman and word out of the school is Central needs to pack there lunch and dinner cause to win my take all day! lol!

No, it will only take 32 minutes. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Blackman is just like any other school in this tournament, no more and the way it worked out ,no less. They, a lot of times, were underdogs but fought it out and were able to do the right things at the right times. Their coach developed their team to respond to adversity and had players that just stepped up. Sometimes it was one and then other times it was others. But he knew his players and what to ask of them. Was there some luck in that? There had to be. Was this a special group to be able to do it? I think so. Were the right buttons pushed with motivtion? yes. Were they motivated by peers in school? A LOT. Did a lot of this happen by work on the defensive end of the court? I think most of it was. Games are won defensively first and then you hope you score enough points. There WILL to score enough points was good enough to be where they are today and thats pretty good. Blaze, keep the furnace running and keep the school supporting the players. It can be done.

Tomorrow, don't give up.

Tomorrow, don't give up.

I don't know how this is going to turn out. The thing I am most confident of is that there is no "quit" in this bunch. There might have been a time or two during the season where they had doubts, but those days are long gone. It's great driving around town and seeing the support for the Lady Blaze on the marque's at different businesses. All of whom I will support with my business. Wait till you see the new t-shirts. Here comes the song again.

I _ _ BELIEVE

ibelieve ibelieve ibelieve ibeleieve ibelieve ibeleieve ibelieve

I _ _ BELIEVE

Go hard, be safe, and good luck.

I don't know how this is going to turn out. The thing I am most confident of is that there is no "quit" in this bunch. There might have been a time or two during the season where they had doubts, but those days are long gone. It's great driving around town and seeing the support for the Lady Blaze on the marque's at different businesses. All of whom I will support with my business. Wait till you see the new t-shirts. Here comes the song again.

I _ _ BELIEVE

ibelieve ibelieve ibelieve ibeleieve ibelieve ibeleieve ibelieve

I _ _ BELIEVE

Go hard, be safe, and good luck.

Blackman or any Middle TN team will always have a shot at beating a West TN or Memphis area team because they basically have home court advantage. There is no way that Overton will be able to have as many fans at the boro as Blackman. Plus, Overton will probably be coming from a long bus ride or from a hotel while Blackman is coming from their high school or their homes.

Good luck, Overton.