Gibson County v Boliver Central

GCHOSS76

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the drawings are done. Undefeated GC plays Boliver Central Thursday at the BURO. I don't know much about Boliver Central but i do know GC is one of the best girls teams i've seen. What is yalls thoughts on this game.

I dont know how accurate this report is, its just second hand gossip, but i heard Boliver played Haywood's girls twice. the first time they beat Haywood by seven and the second time they beat them by eleven. Boliver fans can tell us more about this im sure and please correct me if im wrong. but if this is true, you may be able to make a lil predicition off of those stats, considering how bad GC thrashed Haywood twice. but with that said, it all comes down to what you put on the court Thursday. weird things can happen at the Buro. GC will be ready though.

Like most on here I have not heard much about Bolivar Central. Even though we had a common opponent in Haywood. One thing I know for a fact is Gibson County will be ready. This team is unlike any team I have seen us take to the Boro, in that they don't panic. Last night sectional was an example. Probably the worst first QTR they played all tournament and still beat Booker T by over 30. They never give up and believe in what the coaches have taught them. I know they remember last years outing and that taste is still there believe me. All they have to do is play their game. I'm picking Gibson County in this one.

I'll worry about the next one Thursday.

Go Gibson County! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

there are a few common oponents between these teams...

boliver beat

ripley 73-39

haywood 59-52 and 59-48

chester county 64-40 and 64-53

conington 59-56

gibson county beat

ripley74-26 and 70-26

haywood 69-41 and 60-33

chester county 68-18

covington 70-37

looking at these it looks as though gc would have the edge but thats why they play the game

I've got gc winning this one but i think it'll be very close... the lady p's have a real monkey on their back with them always gettin killed in the first round by the future state champs and i dont think they'll play up to their potential because of the nerves... ha if i was a bolivar fan i'd be lookin forward to the championship game with gc's luck of draws...

there are a few common oponents between these teams...

boliver beat

ripley 73-39

haywood 59-52 and 59-48

chester county 64-40 and 64-53

conington 59-56

gibson county beat

ripley74-26 and 70-26

haywood 69-41 and 60-33

chester county 68-18

covington 70-37

looking at these it looks as though gc would have the edge but thats why they play the game

I look at common oppenents and put some stock in it, but like you said, gotta play the game. I think Gibson will go the finals this year.

This team has been under the radar i guess. They are a west tn team that i didn't know was in the top ten. I know All of GCs starters have played on this court but one. I think they will handle the nerves fine. They still have the bitter taste from the last time they was here so i think they we come out with a boom. Scoring in transition and playing strong nose to nose D.