WHO WLL WIN?

dreambig

I want to make a couple of things to ad to this inquiry. First Miss Christopher is a great athlete.

But just in case LL wins this might help ease your pain somewhat. You should not let your hate

for JC to cause you to make statements that are misleading and untrue.

First if you go by winning a state championship only LL has in this group. But as you should

know there are other uncontrolled things that enter into it. LL led RBS to the final four in the

8th grade. First and only time for RBS. Her freshmen year RBS won the district. Her 10th year

at JC they won the state tournament. They lost five great seniors this year, had to rebuild

and they beat Miss Christophers team both times. They beat Livingston twice, Livingston

is the AA winner and going to the state. JC beat Cookeville twice, they are the region AAA

winner and gong to the state. They won a strong tournament field in Florida. She has about

2300 career points at years end. In D1 she could play point guard or forward. Did it ever

occur to some of you that she has been trying to help this new team come along. It has

been a hard year. She scored about 650 points. They finished 24-8. She has interest from

Old miss,Fla.,Vanderbilt,Tenn.,MTSU, Tenn. Tech,Princeton, to name a few. She would make

an excellent point guard, she has a Peyton Manning view of the court. JC will be a better

team next year, they lost no starters. I congratulate Miss Hobson, and Miss Christopher,

It is a tremendous honor to be nominated. LL is in her third nomination, we who know her

are extremely proud of her. If the roles were reversed I am sure you would say the same

thing about Miss Christopher. There will be no losers in the Miss Basketball choices. They

are all winners.

I agree with your post, Leonard is a great player, but in the BIG games this year, she was not even the best player on her team. IMO, the point guard played better in the big games during the regular season and most definitely in the post season. What Leonard did in past years should not affect this year, and Christopher, IMO, is the winner. Like I said in the above post, Leonard will surely win next year barring something odd happening as her body of work will be too much for most players to overcome. I do not think the body of work should be a deciding factor, but such is the nature of the beast. All players who make it as a finalist should consider this a great honor, as very few can say they were a finalist, even fewer a multiple finalist. Good luck to all the girls, whether its D1 or D1A!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW WOW WOW... Are you kidding me? And you dont think D1 schools are not looking at laken leonard... Ok who would turn down Dl scholarships to play at a d1a school...If she is so good why is she going to UTC.. i mean dont get me wrong she is a great player but dont say she is in a class of her own. And no she s not the best player in the state at any level..You need to get your facts straight before you come on here saying things... How do you know she got second last year ? maybe she got third behind leonard

UTC is Division I in basketball, there's no such thing as 1-AA in basketball. All teams like UTC, Tennessee Tech, Appalachian State that are 1-AA in football are Division I in basketball. Christopher signed with the Lady Mocs and apparently had offers from teams such as Kentucky, which beat the Lady Vols this year. Seeing how well Laura Hall did for UTC may have had something to do with it. Best player in the state as was said in another post, I'm not sure about that, but I think she'll have a good career at UTC and she's coming in as part of an outstanding recruiting class (Davis from Cleveland via NC State, Lambert from McMinn Central, Helton from Cookeville).

I want to make a couple of things to ad to this inquiry. First Miss Christopher is a great athlete.

But just in case LL wins this might help ease your pain somewhat. You should not let your hate

for JC to cause you to make statements that are misleading and untrue.

First if you go by winning a state championship only LL has in this group. But as you should

know there are other uncontrolled things that enter into it. LL led RBS to the final four in the

8th grade. First and only time for RBS. Her freshmen year RBS won the district. Her 10th year

at JC they won the state tournament. They lost five great seniors this year, had to rebuild

and they beat Miss Christophers team both times. They beat Livingston twice, Livingston

is the AA winner and going to the state. JC beat Cookeville twice, they are the region AAA

winner and gong to the state. They won a strong tournament field in Florida. She has about

2300 career points at years end. In D1 she could play point guard or forward. Did it ever

occur to some of you that she has been trying to help this new team come along. It has

been a hard year. She scored about 650 points. They finished 24-8. She has interest from

Old miss,Fla.,Vanderbilt,Tenn.,MTSU, Tenn. Tech,Princeton, to name a few. She would make

an excellent point guard, she has a Peyton Manning view of the court. JC will be a better

team next year, they lost no starters. I congratulate Miss Hobson, and Miss Christopher,

It is a tremendous honor to be nominated. LL is in her third nomination, we who know her

are extremely proud of her. If the roles were reversed I am sure you would say the same

thing about Miss Christopher. There will be no losers in the Miss Basketball choices. They

are all winners.

LL is a very good player but I think she does not have the ball handling skills or quickness to play point in a D1 program like tn. I think Kayla C. could play 2 guard at one. I think she signed with UTC for several reasons ( close to home, Laura Hall's success,and pt soon ). I think LL will also sign with a comparable program. Maybe even end up at UTC. I think she will play the 2 or 3.

LL is a very good player but I think she does not have the ball handling skills or quickness to play point in a D1 program like tn. I think Kayla C. could play 2 guard at one. I think she signed with UTC for several reasons ( close to home, Laura Hall's success,and pt soon ). I think LL will also sign with a comparable program. Maybe even end up at UTC. I think she will play the 2 or 3.

amen couldnt have said it better myself...

WOW WOW WOW... Are you kidding me? And you dont think D1 schools are not looking at laken leonard... Ok who would turn down Dl scholarships to play at a d1a school...If she is so good why is she going to UTC.. i mean dont get me wrong she is a great player but dont say she is in a class of her own. And no she s not the best player in the state at any level..You need to get your facts straight before you come on here saying things... How do you know she got second last year ? maybe she got third behind leonard

Louisville, Gerogia, and Kentucky she could have went to any of them. That's fact.

Boy this really got going. I would like to say first off that Kayla is one of the top 10 HS players I have ever seen play in 25 years of watching. Laura Hall also being one of those. they are different players in my eyes but both could carry the load. No matter who wins the award Kayla is going to get a free education as Hall did and get to travel and have a tremendous experience. My Daughter played 4 years of Division II basketball and has just finished not at the level these two have and will have, but she has had all the same experiences and will Graduate with a a degree that would have cost approximately $ 98,000.00 dollars How many Girls in the entire Country get to have this experience at any level? I saw on Sports Center one night that about 1 in every 50 HS players ever get this opportunity so lets just say they are all very fortunate to get these opportunity's. GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Boy this really got going. I would like to say first off that Kayla is one of the top 10 HS players I have ever seen play in 25 years of watching. Laura Hall also being one of those. they are different players in my eyes but both could carry the load. No matter who wins the award Kayla is going to get a free education as Hall did and get to travel and have a tremendous experience. My Daughter played 4 years of Division II basketball and has just finished not at the level these two have and will have, but she has had all the same experiences and will Graduate with a a degree that would have cost approximately $ 98,000.00 dollars How many Girls in the entire Country get to have this experience at any level? I saw on Sports Center one night that about 1 in every 50 HS players ever get this opportunity so lets just say they are all very fortunate to get these opportunity's. GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congratulations to all of the finalists as it is truly an honor to represent your team and state with this nomination! It's especially good news that 7A is being represented once again IMO but I am partial to this district. LOL

For KGM: Most likely, Leonard will not play the post position at the next level. She plays the 1,2, and 3 position in AAU, and colleges have seen her play these positions. You could ask Coach Gary VanAtta, Trevecca's coach, about her ability to play the guard position. The team placed 7th or 9th in the Nation this summer with her playing guard. You could also get opinions from her other AAU coach, Tiffany Woosley, about her ability to play any position on the floor which she did for her team when they placed 3rd and 7th in the Nation. Perhaps you should tell Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Florida, and several other colleges that she won't be able to play there because they seem to believe she could help them. Perhaps you will admit you were mistaken when she decides where to go. Showing some respect would be a smart move. ( As for high school, Laken has shot over 33% from the 3 point range this year and last year, which is considered good, so you were wrong on that one too.)

Oh and size doesn't really matter. Look at Alysha Clark for MTSU. She is not a big girl but she sure can play like one. It's the size of the heart that matters, IMO.

Again, Congratulations to all of the finalists! You have earned the nominations, so enjoy the moment!!!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING. WINNERWINNERCHICKENDINNER!!!

I know that as fans, we like to brag. We like to say "hey, our player went to a better school than your player, that means she is better". That is not always true.

One the subject at hand, I want to say that Kalya Christopher will probably win Miss Basketball this year. That does not mean that I think any less of the other two finalists. I have not seen Kayla play this year, but I did last year. I have seen Laken Leonard play this year, and I know the situation she was in with her team. She is darn fine basketball player, and person. She is a great representative of her school, and her community. And she will get a great opportunity to play at a major D1 school when it is time. Whether she chooses that opportunity, or a different one, is up to her and her family.

I have regular contact with coaches at 3 D1 schools. Big Ten, SEC, ACC. I have spoke to them about several players from this area, and they like what they see. One is actively recruiting a kid in this area as we speak. Too much info, and too personal of info to give out, but LL is a D1 prospect, and is a prospect at many MAJOR Womens Basketball programs.

ALSO, on the subject of "choices". Players make personal choices, for personal reasons. Example: Lashay Davis committed early, (first possible moment...could have waited it out) to a school that was a great fit for her. But that does not mean that it was the ONLY fit for her. And it does not mean that it was the only choice for her. I know three coaches that were very disappointed that they didnt get more time to take a run at Lashay.

The Helton kid had more choices also. The biggest and best schools are not always the best choice for a kids education/playing career. I have one school that I would push ALL of these kids to if it were up to me, and they would get a great education. But they would also be hundreds of miles from their families. That is not the best situation for every kid.

Good luck to all of these girls. I wish more kids could be like them. They are great representatives of their schools, their communities, and of their families. And it doesnt take a stinking trophy to call them winners.

I believe Christopher is the best player, but East Tennessee players in Class A don't have a good track record of winning the award. I believe it's something like three winners in 20+years.

The award is also voted on before the postseason.

Have you saw these girls play in various situations and if so how did they respond? Deserving of a Miss Basketball nominee? I mean lets face it, you should be an all around player that has the numbers in every aspect of the game. Defense should be part of the criteria, as should how they respond to a good defender. Their shooting percentage, how many rebounds, assists, how the floor is seen by the individual, and not only that but are they coachable to the coaches satisfaction? There are alot of factors that should be involved in the process. Being a Senior should not get them the award, but on the other side of that, experience is needing to be factored in also. Not just being a senior. If Candace Parker was a Freshman coming in to a Miss Basketball nomination, would you give it to her or a Senior that dosen't compare to her? In order to be able to vote you should be watching the girls in more than 3 or 4 games. You can tell if someone has the ability to play in 1 outing, but can you really tell how good they are up against different players and different teams? Also the ones that vote should not be centered around the Murfreesboro area. Politics should not play a part of the voting. I am sure that everyone says it isn't but........

Good Luck To All Three Girls!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> The old cliche just being nominated is an honor, is just that.... AN HONOR! KK A/W !!