CLEVELAND KICK OFF CLASSIC

akula21

Akula21, Great breakdown of the game and nothing more I can really add. It was a tale of two halves for sure. The inexperience of the Baylor defense lead to the own goal and that is something that only more playing time and experience will help.

Coach Blair will have the guys better as the season progresses....just needs time. After halfime adjustments it was a different team....just could not finish.

As for Alcoa....my hat is off to you and your team. You had them very well prepared and defending very well. We have heard nothing but great things about you (Alcoa coach). I hope your team has a great year. Best of luck.

Sorry for not posting earlier, had to actually get home and finish game prep for tomorrow since I know McMinn brings in a tough squad. I guess that is assuming anyone really cares if I post my thoughts. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I thought it was a very physical match that was too much so for my taste, but it was going on for both sides and refs decided to let them play. My boys didn't do a good job of keeping their composure so we were taught a very good lesson. We scored quickly off a counter from the back and, later, a corner that was mishandled and resulted in an own goal. I have to give Baylor credit, they dominated us in the 2nd half and I thought we would be lucky to hold on for a win or tie. We did defend well and our Keeper made some great saves, but in a game of inches it could have been much different if baylor puts a few in rather than over and wide. I know coach blair personally and he is one of the best around. He had his adjustments in and gave us fits. I can only imagine what he will be able to do over the course of the season.

It is really looking to turn out like a great tourney. I doubt anyone comes out undefeated, but we will all come out as better squads. I just hope we all come out healthy and use this as a springboard to quality seasons.

good luck the rest of the way Baylor!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well aware of who you root for... ( /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> right back at ya).

I am more surprised that you found a young lady that is willing to put up with you! My hat (or visor) off to her!

And, I'm not a Chelsea fan, I just can't STAND Cristiano Ronaldo!

Ya that point was made pretty clear that you couldn't stand Ronaldo haha.

But he is so clutch in PK shootouts!!!!!!

Yes he is....Actully got to see Ronaldo take a PK in Houston when Barcelona played Club America in an exhibition match. Personally I'm more a Messi fan. He first touch is unmatched and rarely takes more than two touches each time he touches the ball. Awesome

Um... MVM, you do know that the upstanding Mr. Ronaldo missed two of the biggest pk's in his life, right?

Yes, But he didn't miss the night that my family and I saw him take one and that's the one that counts with me. CA went up 4-1 by half, Barcelona came back and won the game 5-4. Ronaldo tied the game with a PK.

"G" I know your a family man so I think you'll appreciate this. To see the face of my son when he made that PK, well it was something special....a real Kodak moment. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought it was a very physical match that was too much so for my taste, but it was going on for both sides and refs decided to let them play. My boys didn't do a good job of keeping their composure so we were taught a very good lesson.

Hey Coaches quick question, akula made a fair assentment on the ref crew, I was wondering does the styles of the refs differ from region to region in the state . ....For example do Knoxville refs call it tighter than the Chatt. refs, Do Nashville refs let'em play more than Chatt refs. If so,

Which Regions call it tight and which Regions lets'em play.

Which Regions call it tight and which Regions lets'em play.

I think that's the problem... it varies even from ref to ref, not region to region. I like a ref that is consistent. There are a few in Knoxville. Can't say about the other regions, though.