Siegel

TheFridge06

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is all the hype? Except a few excited players and parents talking on here a lot, I haven't seen any media coverage or rankings.

The district will be tight this year and fun to watch.

Exactly.

The hype is coming from "players and parents talking on here a lot". The key words... "a lot".

I agree with you - the district will be fun to watch and every score that comes in from area games will receive great attention. It's so much more - baseball - when you're bunting a runner to second with no outs to set up a tying run. And, to EXECUTE properly in a pressure-packed situation. That's pure baseball, played the way it's meant to be played. I hate 12-0 type games...they're ok occasionally, but the games where it's pitcher vs. slugger with game on the line...THAT'S baseball.

And, I believe, it's what we'll see a lot of this year.

Exactly.

The hype is coming from "players and parents talking on here a lot". The key words... "a lot".

I agree with you - the district will be fun to watch and every score that comes in from area games will receive great attention. It's so much more - baseball - when you're bunting a runner to second with no outs to set up a tying run. And, to EXECUTE properly in a pressure-packed situation. That's pure baseball, played the way it's meant to be played. I hate 12-0 type games...they're ok occasionally, but the games where it's pitcher vs. slugger with game on the line...THAT'S baseball.

And, I believe, it's what we'll see a lot of this year.

Hey Southpaw - good to talk to you last night. I have a question on your young team - you start Moore and Fann, is there another Soph or two I'm missing? We started 3 soph, 2 Jrs and 5 Sr (one DH) the first game. How many Sr/Jr does Mack have going for him?

This has turned into a great posting - after the first game it was a little spicy though! Remember we all play ball together in the summer so these boys are team mates after the game!

MeepMeep

Hey Southpaw - good to talk to you last night. I have a question on your young team - you start Moore and Fann, is there another Soph or two I'm missing? We started 3 soph, 2 Jrs and 5 Sr (one DH) the first game. How many Sr/Jr does Mack have going for him?

This has turned into a great posting - after the first game it was a little spicy though! Remember we all play ball together in the summer so these boys are team mates after the game!

MeepMeep

Here's the breakdown:

Sinor in LF: a SR with experience.

Ward at 1B: a SR with experience who's played 3B for 3 years; moved to 1B during the preseason.

Hargis in CF: a JR with experience who played 2B last year until Dodd came back from an injury; went to DH

Then -

Tyler Paul at 3B: a SR; first year to start

Chase Fann at SS: a Soph; first year to start

Josh Nipper at 2B: a JR; first year to start

William Dodd in RF: injured most of last year but came back in time for the run to state

Tyler McDonald at C: a JR; first year to start

Griffin Moore at DH: a Soph; first year to start

Then, pitching -

Cody Barrett: a SR with much experience

Taylor Clark: a SR; first year in his role at #2

Jordan Peek: a JR with experience

Stevie Smith: a Soph with some varsity innings as a FR

Griffin Moore: a Soph; threw his 3, 4, and 5 innings of varsity baseball against Siegel last night.

Monaghan, Hawks and other soph's have seen some varsity time this year against teams like Smyrna, Father Ryan, etc. All will get some playing time this year and gain valuable experience for the next two years.

So, that's 4 SR (counting Barrett/Clark as P); 4 JR; 2 Soph. And, 3 of those have significant playing time. The others are on a pretty steep learning curve!

Blackman didnt have their best hitter against white county either time in bowers.and they don't just throw heat.they pitch.sisco throws 5 pitches.

5 pitches? Wait...are we talking baseball or wiffleball? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here's the breakdown:

Sinor in LF: a SR with experience.

Ward at 1B: a SR with experience who's played 3B for 3 years; moved to 1B during the preseason.

Hargis in CF: a JR with experience who played 2B last year until Dodd came back from an injury; went to DH

Then -

Tyler Paul at 3B: a SR; first year to start

Chase Fann at SS: a Soph; first year to start

Josh Nipper at 2B: a JR; first year to start

William Dodd in RF: injured most of last year but came back in time for the run to state

Tyler McDonald at C: a JR; first year to start

Griffin Moore at DH: a Soph; first year to start

Then, pitching -

Cody Barrett: a SR with much experience

Taylor Clark: a SR; first year in his role at #2

Jordan Peek: a JR with experience

Stevie Smith: a Soph with some varsity innings as a FR

Griffin Moore: a Soph; threw his 3, 4, and 5 innings of varsity baseball against Siegel last night.

Monaghan, Hawks and other soph's have seen some varsity time this year against teams like Smyrna, Father Ryan, etc. All will get some playing time this year and gain valuable experience for the next two years.

So, that's 4 SR (counting Barrett/Clark as P); 4 JR; 2 Soph. And, 3 of those have significant playing time. The others are on a pretty steep learning curve!

5 pitches? Wait...are we talking baseball or wiffleball? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Southpaw,

Congrats on the win last night. I know that yall were REAL happy with the game. Wished I could have been there.

You know about the 5 pitches, 3 balls and 2 strikes, that equals 5 pitches. We call it a full count where we play at. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Southpaw,

Congrats on the win last night. I know that yall were REAL happy with the game. Wished I could have been there.

You know about the 5 pitches, 3 balls and 2 strikes, that equals 5 pitches. We call it a full count where we play at. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BWAAAHAHAHAHA! That's what he was talking about!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />