Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

Livingston Academy (25-12) and Gibson County (34-0) play for the Class AA Championship tomorrow afternoon. The Lady Wildcats have won six consecutive games since the district championship. The Lady Pioneers have not had a win by less than 20 points in more than a month.

Livingston Academy is 4-4 all-time in the state championship game. Gibson County makes their first championship appearance. But Pioneer head coach Kevin McMillan is 0-1 in the state championship game.

Best wishes to Gibson County. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the last time these 2 teams met.??????????????? It was back in the days of "Pioneer Pete" Now what year was it?

pretty sure it was 04 when gc came in undefeated as well but livingston came away with the win. this gc team looks much better and rolling through the postseason beating westview easily (33 and 24 i believe) in the district and region championship, the team that made it to the final four of the tourney

pretty sure it was 04 when gc came in undefeated as well but livingston came away with the win. this gc team looks much better and rolling through the postseason beating westview easily (33 and 24 i believe) in the district and region championship, the team that made it to the final four of the tourney

I'm pretty sure you are right.............I can't remember having more fun on Coacht since that time. No doubt Gibson Co. is the real deal, and they have a purty asst. coach too /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know LA will be the underdog, but I also know many didn't believe they would win their last 4-5 games but they are on a mission defeating mcminn who was also undefeated and favored by many to win it all. They are now playing how I thought they would all year because they got so many back from last year and early on underachieved but now its one more to win it all.Good luck to LA and bring the gold ball home.

I know LA will be the underdog, but I also know many didn't believe they would win their last 4-5 games but they are on a mission defeating mcminn who was also undefeated and favored by many to win it all. They are now playing how I thought they would all year because they got so many back from last year and early on underachieved but now its one more to win it all.Good luck to LA and bring the gold ball home.

Good Luck to the Lady Pioneers!!! Bring Home the Gold!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

LA is a good team as well, no doubt. I do feel that Gibson Co. is the better overall team though. We haven't shot our 3 pointers well in the state tournament. IF we get hot tomorrow it'll be good news for Gibson Co. I think Livingston and South Greene are very similiar to each other. I'm taking my Pioneers once again. GC by 16!!! Good Luck to both teams and congrats on making it this far!

I'm pretty sure you are right.............I can't remember having more fun on Coacht since that time. No doubt Gibson Co. is the real deal, and they have a purty asst. coach too /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

7A help me out, my memory isn't what it used to be, but didn't LA & GC meet the following November in the one & only 7AA/13AA Challenge at "the Shoe at the View" and GC was victorious?

congrats to the lady pioneers on a BIG victory today... 2ms game should be a good one.. wish i could make the trip..

oh and i remember "the shoe at the view".. i think these young ladys are much better than that GC team back then so if i was a betting man i would put my money on the pioneers by at least 10...

GO GC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!