Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

Oldcat77 the more I read your posts and some other LA posters, I think I know (you and them) a little more personally than I thought. I would like to say that it was very nice to here and see the support from the LA fans for Lashay during the Ms Basketball awards.

Again, congrats on the great run this year and the silver ball!!!!

You got it " luvhoops"..... I didnt see you yesterday , but would have liked to jawed for awhile !!!! Hope to see you around!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldcat77 the more I read your posts and some other LA posters, I think I know (you and them) a little more personally than I thought. I would like to say that it was very nice to here and see the support from the LA fans for Lashay during the Ms Basketball awards.

Again, congrats on the great run this year and the silver ball!!!!

Where I set I saw and heard very little support from the Livingston fans when they announced Lashay Davis. I'm pretty sure I can tell you who supported her and who didn't. I also set in the group of Livingston fans the night of the Upperman - Station Camp game. I heard so many bad comments about the Upperman school and players. I was actually suprised that adults acted so disrespectful. I know its not all the fans but it sure changed my opinion on their crowd. I have always pulled for Livingston before but listening to that really makes it hard. Again I kown its not everyone but it was a very large group that night. Glad its over for awhile.

Livingston Academy has a good team! Congratulations on being #2. I am sure you are proud of your accomplishments this year.

However, I will have to agree with westlevee. I don't think Livingston played a schedule that much harder than GC. West TN teams get no respect from the rest of the state. Actually, I'll go further and say West TN gets no respect from the rest of the state.

Livingston got all it wanted from Westview. If Westview had hit their free throws they would have won the game. Livingston would have been 3rd or 4th in our district in my opinion.

It was a good game with GC for 3 quarters. But in the end it was a blowout. I believe it was a 17 to 2 run. No matter how late in the game....GC won big. If Butler had not had an off game it would have been much more. She missed several shots that she normally makes. Just goes to show how good the team is when you win by 20 and your star player has an off game.

Not trying to make anyone mad or lessen the accomplishments of Livingston. Just this year...Gibson County and this district were much better. Maybe they will get more respect in the future.

Where I set I saw and heard very little support from the Livingston fans when they announced Lashay Davis. I'm pretty sure I can tell you who supported her and who didn't. I also set in the group of Livingston fans the night of the Upperman - Station Camp game. I heard so many bad comments about the Upperman school and players. I was actually suprised that adults acted so disrespectful. I know its not all the fans but it sure changed my opinion on their crowd. I have always pulled for Livingston before but listening to that really makes it hard. Again I kown its not everyone but it was a very large group that night. Glad its over for awhile.

I wasn't at the game but I'll admit I was pulling for SC. It wasn't some deep hatred or anything like that. In fact, as hard as you may find it to believe...it was respect. I didn't wanna see those boys again! LOL!

I think that we are getting off topic , myself included !!!!!!! This crap started yesterday when i said "thank you" to Dyer for her support for the Lady Cats....... Since , "beefan23" and "sdj38544" , just want to start another bunch of crap between the L A and UHS fans........ L A made it and UHS did not , This year anyway...... Let's leave it at that...... We will see each other again next year !!!!!!! Best of luck !!!!! Again , luvhoops, wish i had got to jaw with ya !!!!!!!

Get back on topic!!!!!!!

Congrats G C on the Gold ball!!!!!!

Congrats Lady Cats on the Silver ball!!!!!!!

Go HOG - EYE !!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Livingston Academy has a good team! Congratulations on being #2. I am sure you are proud of your accomplishments this year.

However, I will have to agree with westlevee. I don't think Livingston played a schedule that much harder than GC. West TN teams get no respect from the rest of the state. Actually, I'll go further and say West TN gets no respect from the rest of the state.

Livingston got all it wanted from Westview. If Westview had hit their free throws they would have won the game. Livingston would have been 3rd or 4th in our district in my opinion.

It was a good game with GC for 3 quarters. But in the end it was a blowout. I believe it was a 17 to 2 run. No matter how late in the game....GC won big. If Butler had not had an off game it would have been much more. She missed several shots that she normally makes. Just goes to show how good the team is when you win by 20 and your star player has an off game.

Not trying to make anyone mad or lessen the accomplishments of Livingston. Just this year...Gibson County and this district were much better. Maybe they will get more respect in the future.

Maybe you should practice what you preach about respect.

Has it to you occured that some of our girls had off nights as well? I chalk that up you GC's great defense. Yet you set there and give no respect to LA's D? Dontcha think our defense might have had a little somthing to do with Butler having an off night?

Livingston has a good defense. They played a good game and I'm sure you could say some of their players had an off game. No disrespect here. I believe I started my post with congratulations and ended with a qualifying statement about not lessening their accomplishments.

I will say that most of the posters on here have shown little respect for GC or more to the point their district and area before the game. I think your area has great girls basketball and has for many years. A fact supported by the hardware in the schools up that way. However, I have seen the posts on here including those from other schools on the East side of the river that show no respect for the basketball played here. Two teams in the final four from the same district and a 20 point win might garner some respect now. That's might point.

I will say that I don't think that the Livingston defense had as much to do with Butler having an off game as I think she simply had an off game. Griffin made up for it with her inside play.

Again, congratulations on your season.

Rocking chair? Is this acting like you've been there?????

Hey gcfan2 you have got me mixed up with somebody else. Just like you thought I had 40 posts. You need to go back and check the facts b/c I never said anything about.......... act like you have been there before. You are really confused /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

That would be a sight to see. It would be standing room only in that gym. I dont know if I could stand a game like that. Will you still be a student then?

na i'll be at ut knoxville next year but it was on ut's spring break this year so i'd probably still be able to make it to the game

ha hopefully next year i'll be cheerin for a girl's national championship /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IF WE HADN'T HAD 30 TURNOVERS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 20. IF THE REFS HAD CALLED ALL THE SLAP AND REACH FOULS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 30. IF IF IF

The funny thing about all this is our girls committed 30 turnovers and played the worst game imaginable offensively and still had many chances to win, and you all only beat us by 20. You should have won by 50. Hope that makes you all happy.

IF WE HADN'T HAD 30 TURNOVERS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 20. IF THE REFS HAD CALLED ALL THE SLAP AND REACH FOULS WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 30. IF IF IF

The funny thing about all this is our girls committed 30 turnovers and played the worst game imaginable offensively and still had many chances to win, and you all only beat us by 20. You should have won by 50. Hope that makes you all happy.

should of won by fifty... wow way to support ur team there bud. i'm sure the girls who played their hearts out for 32 minutes appreciate that comment