Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

Congrats to Gibson Co. and all the Lady Pioneer fans on your State Championship. As I said, when the tournaments started GC seemed to hit another gear. With most of this team returning, Teams will not look forward to seeing this group on their schedule. You did yourselves, and District 13AA, and Region 7AA proud. From OC, Congratulations!!!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won the Silver Ball. 50 years from now when someone goes back and looks at the TSSAA Records...they will see that Gibson Co. won the Gold and LA won the Silver. Wouldn't you call that history ???? Or are you trying to be smart ??

R C , I think TrafficHavoc was just another one that has no respect for the Lady Cats..........A silver ball is nothing to be ashamed of........ he is just another hater .........

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rocking Chair is right. Livingston Academy did something that 110 other AA schools were not able to do today, and that is play for a state championship. I think that's pretty special.

Just a note, Livingston Academy and Clarkrange tied Jackson County and Oak Ridge today for second on the list of most championships and runner-up finishes in girls' basketball with nine each.

Thanks 13aafanatic. I didn't realize that fact. I agree that is something special.

Congrats on a fine season to Livingston Acd....

Gibson County was a force this year no doubt....13AA is going to be a dog-fight night in and night out next season....Both the district and region change-up and we all see some different teams.....Should be lots of fun...

GC Pioneer...Son you kept with it all year.....Wouldn't let anyone back you down...It's fun isn't it??... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It won't be nothing that these girls haven't seen before. Playing Upperman 4 times, Clarkrange, Jackson Co.-CPA-Ensworth-Cookeville-Shelbyville-Station Camp-Polk Co. McMinn Central etc. etc. Yes I'm sure that GC has good speed and quickness talent and the whole nine yards. But our team won't be intimidated.

Last I checked GC is not the UConn Huskies or anybody are they? They put their shoes on one at a time just like us... don't they ???

Did you happen to stick around for the fourth QTR....I think 17-0 run..looked alot like the UConn Huskies. Team basketball is what win games and our defense was too much for Livingston to handle. Look liked they broke under the pressure. We face pressure like that in 13AA all the time. They wear you down and never give up, thats why we won all our games by at least 20 every night they took the Floor in the GLass House. Way to go Gibson County! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just got home and could not wait to post!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GIBSON COUNTY!! 35-0! Wow! Impressive. The best team in AA. This was one heckuva game your team earned and deserved. I enjoyed watching your team play. Great defense and really pounded the boards and while i thought we played pretty descent D on on Butler and Jennings, Griffin made us pay! Enjoy this as I am sure you will. I have nothing but kudos for your team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GCP, I have enjoyed ratchet jawing with you all season. You were right about your team and they have to be the front runner for next season.

Livingston Academy Lady Wildcats!! Congratulations to you!! Although you did not come for second place, we are still very proud of you and your accomplishments this season. Did things most said you couldn't and did something many LA teams didn't: Bring home hardware!!! Hold your heads high, you are winners already because of the heart and courage you have shown on what has been an amazing run! You Seniors will be missed, but tradition never graduates. Who will step up next year and replace this fine group that will be leaving us?

GO LA!!

GO HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

Congrats to Gibson for finishing an amazing season with a state championship. Livingston should be very proud of making it to the State Finals.

Livingston pretty much beat themselves with all the silly mistakes. The pressure from Gibson had a alot to do with it, it just isn't typical for LA to have that many turnovers. Livingston missed 3 or more lay-ups, got called for a travel over 7 times, and gave up some crucial offensive rebounds to Gibson County. I guess you could say Livingston was just out of gas from their long journey to the finals. The LA girls should still keep their heads up high. Great season and great effort. Make it back next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GC-54

LA-34

Congrats to March from Marshall County on winning AA Miss Basketball.

Gibson County had just as long of journey to the finals as LA did. This was the year for Gibson County. Clearly the best team in the tournament. You dont beat quality teams by 20 + points at this level unless your on a mission and focused. I posted several weeks ago that they still has the bad taste in thier mouth from last years outing. This team is the most focused team I've seen in my 20 plus years following Gibson County basketball. Congratualtions to both teams. Gibson County's defense and pressure just too much for LA to handle. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Baller Congrads on your teams win today. It was alot closer than im sure most would have ever thought till the very end. You guys really did impress me today. We had several poor mistakes that cost us dearly and yall capitalized on them. Enjoy the win and the title i remember what it was like for the LA football team to make it to state for the first time and win its an amazing feeling. Good talking to yall last night and today. Hopefully these two teams will meet again sometime. So what did you think about Hogeye? As for the LA girls keep ur heads up it was an amazing run that you should all be proud of. To the Seniors it has been a fun past four years with many ups and downs along the way. Best wishes in all that you do. You have made HOGEYE proud!!!

i have to admit that hogeye performed very well and i was surprised by their determination. this game was much closer than the score indicates. they had gc in a tight one through 3 quarters i believe. lol very good fans, a great game, and an overall great weekend. congrats to both teams on a great run.

lol and oh yeah... "bacon bacon boom!!!" lol hope to see ya'll again next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gibson County had just as long of journey to the finals as LA did. This was the year for Gibson County. Clearly the best team in the tournament. You dont beat quality teams by 20 + points at this level unless your on a mission and focused. I posted several weeks ago that they still has the bad taste in thier mouth from last years outing. This team is the most focused team I've seen in my 20 plus years following Gibson County basketball. Congratualtions to both teams. Gibson County's defense and prsuuure just troo much for LA to handle. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Too bad we can't see a Gibson vs Clarkrange game.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I sure do hope we L A fans do alot of that today !!!!!!

Two huge crowds , Lets ROCK the murf... today !!!!!

Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!

L A and Clarkrange lets bring 2 gold balls back to to the hills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yall know what happened to the last 34-0 cocky team that L A played , they are now 34-1 !!!!!!!!

GO HOG- EYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does 35-0 sound......sounds pretty good to me! Way to go GIbson County. You showed you were the strongest team in the entire tournament.

Did you happen to stick around for the fourth QTR....I think 17-0 run..looked alot like the UConn Huskies. Team basketball is what win games and our defense was too much for Livingston to handle. Look liked they broke under the pressure. We face pressure like that in 13AA all the time. They wear you down and never give up, thats why we won all our games by at least 20 every night they took the Floor in the GLass House. Way to go Gibson County! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That's ok "gcfan2" you got me I can take it. Bring it on ...I'm not going to back on what I said before or after the game.

But don't get on here and brag about a 20 point win, knowing darn good and well that the game was much closer than that..... shows just how inmature you must be. And if that floats your boat then have at it. Don't give our girls any credit at all. I don't know what game your were watching but our girls was in this game all the way.... despite all the pressure defense you had, all the turnovers you caused, we still could have won this game but we didn't, and I've given the credit were it's due to the players and coaches of GC.