Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather Griffin of Gibson County won MVP. Might have shocked some because of the way Butler played the first two games but Griffin was HUGE in the final with Butler not having her best night shooting. Griffin had a double double all three games averaging 17 points and 11.6 rebounds

Shocking yes, I did figure Butler would have won. Griffin is a great player down low. Both will be back next year along with Reedy, I can't wait to see what happens next year.

Congrats to GC. That had to be the most tenatious D I've witnessed in a long long time. It forced a lot of mistakes by our girls as well as frustrated them into missing easy lay-ups. It was a bitter pill for me to swallow.

That being said...Congrats to our LA girls on getting runner-up!!! Don't you dare hang your heads! You all proved so many wrong this year and you did Hog-Eye Nation Proud!! We love y'all.

Game over

Gibson Co wins 54-34

Congrats GC on your Gold Ball representing Region 7 well. you earned it with hard work, great coaching, teamwork , Way to put the Pioneer 'D' on LA in the 2nd half..Never a doubt you would do it !! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congrats gc on the gold ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Lady Cats on a great run !!!!! People have put you girls down and out , since the district tourny started !!!!! You have played your hearts out , and we are very proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a heck of a run by the coaches, staff, players, and fans !!!!!! What a crowd at the Murph.........

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!!

Congratulations to Gibson County on an awesome season and their first state championship! The perfect ending to a perfect season for such a talented, strong TEAM. Way to go Kevin and Paige, Coach Russell, Heather Griffin - MVP! - and Lady Pioneers.

Great job, Livingston Academy, on an exciting run to the state title game. Hogeye has much of which to be proud.

It was so exciting to see two schools support their young ladies like you guys did today.

Just got home from the "BORO" and thought I would congratulate Gibson Co. on putting the finishing touch on a perfect season. I was really impressed with the Lady Pioneers and the way they play ball. They are definitely a good team that deserved the Gold Ball.

Also want to congratulate the Lady Cats on a great season. You girls had your chances today but just couldn't overcome the pressure of GC. Hold your heads high b/c you deserved to be here in this game. This team has made it's mark among the best teams to ever wear the Blue and White and TSSAA Basketball History. And nobody can ever take that away from you.

To the Seniors ...good luck in whatever you do in life. And to the rest of the team.....work harder than ever and try to get back here next year..... it sure has been fun watching this team play.

Well hog-eye fans let's get ready for next Wednesday...when the LA Wildcats play a first round game with Bolivar Central.

What did they do to make TSSAA history? Worst record to make it to the finals? You lost me...

They won the Silver Ball. 50 years from now when someone goes back and looks at the TSSAA Records...they will see that Gibson Co. won the Gold and LA won the Silver. Wouldn't you call that history ???? Or are you trying to be smart ??

What did they do to make TSSAA history? Worst record to make it to the finals? You lost me...

Rocking Chair is right. Livingston Academy did something that 110 other AA schools were not able to do today, and that is play for a state championship. I think that's pretty special.

Just a note, Livingston Academy and Clarkrange tied Jackson County and Oak Ridge today for second on the list of most championships and runner-up finishes in girls' basketball with nine each.