Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

You were respectful in that original post. Thanks. You have been disrespectful in many more. I am sure you are just a passionate fan and I understand that.

I apologize for any unfortunate misunderstanding by you on the intent of my earlier posts.

Good luck in the future to you and your team.

I am so glad that you can open your unbiased eye's for just a moment. I gave your team their props. And GC deserved to win the Gold Ball b/c they were the best team yesterday without a doubt. What I was having problems with was how you gave our team no credit for playing your explosive team down to the wire. I mean you even said if Westview had hit their FT's that they would have won and we would have been third or 4th. Thanks for all the respect you showed our team. You even started off with your post congrats LA for finishing 2nd. Talk about a slap in the face. And you have the nerve to ask why I'm being such a nut. That's why. Lets just let this go I wasn't trying to cause a big stink with all this until you all bombarded LA with the no respect talk.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only smack talk I have left for this year on the girls boards...

This was posted by LA_81

QUOTE (LA_81 @ Mar 13 2009 - 10:31 PM)

Not so fast. Gibson will win by 20 again? Its the state finals and your throwing a prediction like that out there? Must be the village idiot.

Here is GCPioneer's post

Prove me wrong buddy!!!!!!!

You call me a village idiot... Last time I checked Gibson Co. was coming in at 34-0 and dominated the last 2 teams in the state tournaments! You claimed Gibson Co. was no good..... lol.... I won't take that the wrong way because once you do lose by 20, you'll look like the village idiot...

LA_81....Congrats, YOU ARE the village idiot! I nailed this one right on the head saying Gibson Co. would win by 20.

I am so glad that you can open your unbiased eye's for just a moment. I gave your team their props. And GC deserved to win the Gold Ball b/c they were the best team yesterday without a doubt. What I was having problems with was how you gave our team no credit for playing your explosive team down to the wire. I mean you even said if Westview had hit their FT's that they would have won and we would have been third or 4th. Thanks for all the respect you showed our team. You even started off with your post congrats LA for finishing 2nd. Talk about a slap in the face. And you have the nerve to ask why I'm being such a nut. That's why. Lets just let this go I wasn't trying to cause a big stink with all this until you all bombarded LA with the no respect talk.

Agreed. Good luck next week.

On a side note, don't take my last post in the wrong way. LA is no doubt a GREAT team. The best defense we've seen this year for sure! Good Luck to Livingston next year and I hope we get to meet up again!

Thanks wesfan for next week wishes.

Now GCPioneer I'm wondering how you really felt when there's 3 mins and change left and LA is only down 3. You probably wasn't feeling like the village idiot but you were definitely surprised I bet.

I'll say I was nervous, not surprised. It's the state championship, it should be close. LA's defense was what kept them in the game. GC's defense is what eventually led them to pull away in the end. I had faith in our girls and our coaches that they could do what it took to bring the gold back home. The dagger for Livingston was that 3 that Garner hit to cap off that third quarter. That was the only 3 of the tournament she hit. Butler's 3 in the 4th is what got Gibson Co. on the 17-0 run to end the game. I'm not going to debate what could've happened and what should've happened. I just know Gibson Co. won the state title and I'm proud of 'em! It's a great feeling!

I'll say I was nervous, not surprised. It's the state championship, it should be close. LA's defense was what kept them in the game. GC's defense is what eventually led them to pull away in the end. I had faith in our girls and our coaches that they could do what it took to bring the gold back home. The dagger for Livingston was that 3 that Garner hit to cap off that third quarter. That was the only 3 of the tournament she hit. Butler's 3 in the 4th is what got Gibson Co. on the 17-0 run to end the game. I'm not going to debate what could've happened and what should've happened. I just know Gibson Co. won the state title and I'm proud of 'em! It's a great feeling!

Nervous...I listened to the first 2 games on the radio and paced the floor constantly. I went to the game yesterday and had to get up I was so nervous. I wanted so bad for our girls to win. Yes that 3 was a dagger, but when one of our leaders ...Kilgore...fouled out that took the wind out of us. Good luck and maybe next year we can do this again. But in a more friendlier way.

What a great championship game in AA. Everyone was on the edge of their seats for 29 minutes of the game and what awesome support as fans shouted enthusiastically for their respective teams. Congratulations and best wishes to both LA and GC senior players, what a unforgettable way to finish your careers and what a way to inspire the underclassmen to work hard and have the dream to return to the "Big Dance" next year. I think that Gibson County and LA are both very, very good teams and are deserving of having finished as the top two 2 teams in AA this year. Also thanks for all the great memories you have provided your fans this season. G.C. with an unblemished record and LA having a great run against 5 ranked teams in a row and then just falling short in the final game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think that we are getting off topic , myself included !!!!!!! This crap started yesterday when i said "thank you" to Dyer for her support for the Lady Cats....... Since , "beefan23" and "sdj38544" , just want to start another bunch of crap between the L A and UHS fans........ L A made it and UHS did not , This year anyway...... Let's leave it at that...... We will see each other again next year !!!!!!! Best of luck !!!!! Again , luvhoops, wish i had got to jaw with ya !!!!!!!

Get back on topic!!!!!!!

Congrats G C on the Gold ball!!!!!!

Congrats Lady Cats on the Silver ball!!!!!!!

Go HOG - EYE !!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not strarting anything just responding to a post already here. Call it like I see em. Best of luck to all players. Think we as fans all need to act a little more respectful to all the teams. There are good players on alot of teams and they all deserve being rewarded for their hard work even if they are not from the school you support as a fan. We just need to remember its a game for the kids and concentrate on that instead of bashing each other as adults. I definitely will try to.

This is the only smack talk I have left for this year on the girls boards...

This was posted by LA_81

QUOTE (LA_81 @ Mar 13 2009 - 10:31 PM)

Not so fast. Gibson will win by 20 again? Its the state finals and your throwing a prediction like that out there? Must be the village idiot.

Here is GCPioneer's post

Prove me wrong buddy!!!!!!!

You call me a village idiot... Last time I checked Gibson Co. was coming in at 34-0 and dominated the last 2 teams in the state tournaments! You claimed Gibson Co. was no good..... lol.... I won't take that the wrong way because once you do lose by 20, you'll look like the village idiot...

LA_81....Congrats, YOU ARE the village idiot! I nailed this one right on the head saying Gibson Co. would win by 20.

Congrats GC the rest of the state just dont know how good west Tennessee basketball is bet they do NOW!!! AGAIN CONGRATS GIBSON COUNTY

I hope so but I doubt it. All they'll wanna talk about is how GC blew out LA by 20 points! They'll fail to remember that we kept it close for 3 and a half qtrs.

Not all GC fans are bosting about the 20 point win. if you take away the last three minutes you have a really good ball game and everyone that was there knows that. i think what GC fans are more boasting about is the fact coming into this tourny no one gave GC alot of credit or respect for being undefeated and totally blowing other teams out of the water all season with the exception of 3 or 4 games. all anyone said was that GC does not play quality teams in the regular season. just because our schedule dont take us across the river does not mean there are not really good teams in west tennessee. i think martin's performance and Casity from Obion County being one of the three finalist for ms basketball back up that statement. Our girls had alot to prove to the rest of the state and i think they did that. and i also think the question of can GC win with Butler shut down has been answered. its a yes. that was not the best game of her career and she'll be the first to tell you that she was off bad. even with her only scoring 13 points the rest of the team pulled together to beat a very good LA team who in my opinion is owed alot of credit for going against the odds in this tourny. both teams were not givin alot of credit and we all know it. and yea we could go into the what ifs heather would of been hot and all that stuff, but it dosent really matter now. i will agree with coach McMillan that the game GC played saturday night was probably one of the worst they have played all season. but everyone should be proud of both teams becase both, in my opinion, were behind the eight ball when this tounement started. maybe west tennessee will get a lil respect now.