Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

I'm a HOGEYE fan thru and thru. My take on this game is:

1. GC does as good of a job at putting pressure on the ball (AT ALL TIMES) as any team I've seen in years.

2. A team is not going to win many games at this level with 26 turnovers, about a third of which were unforced.

3. Despite 1 and 2, our girls played their guts out and kept themselves in the game until late in the fourth qtr. not by great shooting, but with grit, determination, and some darn good defense on their own.

4. GC IS the better team.

5. LA made a great run and have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of. They gave it all and left it on the floor.

6. I AM VERY PROUD TO BE FROM HOGEYE AND HAVE THESE GIRLS REPRESENTING MY COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the TSSAA website (which is somewhat incomplete), only one team other than Livingston Academy has ever appeared in the state finals with as many as 12 losses.

To me, this exemplifies the character and grit of this classy group of kids.

GO HOGEYE............... THE TRADITION LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already been said that LA girls wasn't even supposed to make the tournament much less have a chance to win it. And they came so close. So there throws your sore loser theory out the window with all the other crap you people have been posting.

They make medicine for almost anything gcfan2 exactly what are you talking about ? Are you talking about sore loser medicine ? I look at that this way "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". You know it takes as much to be a good winner something some of you need to learn. And some of you need to take a 'chill pill' or something before you stroke out. Not me.

I agree this thread has gotten a little out of hand. Why? Let me guess. I believe that just about every LA fan has come on here and gave your team their props, but you people are apparently wanting us to bow down and kiss your feet. LOL I think you can forget about that. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I mean you can beat us but you can't make us like it.

That is quite the accomplishment for your team to go undefeated and you have all the reasons in the world to be proud. But no one has said a thing about the teams you played after our game. They may have before the game and I was probably the biggest duck in the puddle. But it was just fans talking smack.

And you continuously brag about beating people by 20+ points. Heck I don't care if we win by 1 as long as we win. Probably not good for the heart but sure does make it exciting. You people don't want to win , you want to beat a team to death. You know the old saying 'what comes around goes around' so in the future I'm sure you'll get a dose of your own medicine. Hopefully.

As far as Gibson Co. probably being the best team in the state in all classifications....I wouldn't know b/c there's no way to say unless you played the best teams throughout the year like we did. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

So if you think you are the best, then we must be #2 b/c I didn't see GC being much if any better than us.

Enjoy your GOLD BALL........your team earned it.

Thank you.

I'm a HOGEYE fan thru and thru. My take on this game is:

1. GC does as good of a job at putting pressure on the ball (AT ALL TIMES) as any team I've seen in years.

2. A team is not going to win many games at this level with 26 turnovers, about a third of which were unforced.

3. Despite 1 and 2, our girls played their guts out and kept themselves in the game until late in the fourth qtr. not by great shooting, but with grit, determination, and some darn good defense on their own.

4. GC IS the better team.

5. LA made a great run and have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of. They gave it all and left it on the floor.

6. I AM VERY PROUD TO BE FROM HOGEYE AND HAVE THESE GIRLS REPRESENTING MY COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hondac, IF only you were the main voice on here for LA. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Props to you and your team!!!!!! I agree totally with 1-5, and I'm not being sarcastic or shooting BS as poor RC states. Your girls played one heck of a game. I think all GC fans have acknowledged that multiple times on here with respect. Our complaint from the beginning was that West Tn never gets credit from east of the TN River- mostly bashing or totally ignored as a potential threat, and then every other LA post on here seemed to mention how LA wasn't supposed to be here and what a tough schedule they played, which I think I can speak for the other GC fans, made us feel like we had been playing at the local YMCA or community centers and that we didn't deserve to be here because Middle TN didn't think we were worthy.

I have never taken anything away from your girls. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE IF THEY DIDN'T DESERVE IT! Did you get that, RC? You only ever seem to want to comment on what you interpret as negative comments about your team. My original post that RC called attention to was talking about this. I was not bashing your team at all, only the very aggressive play without the calls. And once again, RC, if you hadn't been tackling our girls and smacking them down on the floor, you wouldn't have had 20 fouls. In all reality, you should have had about 50 IF they had called them! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> But, like I said, that's b-ball. You have your excuses aplenty my friend. Let's just agree to disagree. How about that? Listen, I'm a red neck river rat over here in West TN. I can argue til the cows come home. I love it! Bring it on!!!!!!!! I'm feeling the luv from you RC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hondac, you should be very proud to be from HOG-EYE country. It actually sounds alot like our GC community. I don't know anything about Overton Co., but we're a very small(population-wise not actual size of county), rural, farming community. Gibson Co. is a fairly big county with several high schools(Trenton, Humboldt, and Milan are city schools within GC) Gibson Co. High School is the "county" high school that pulls from all the rural communities. The elementary school in my community is K-8 with 120 kids. Very small, but we like it that way. Once again, CONGRATS to both the Lady Pioneers and Hog-Eye! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hondac, IF only you were the main voice on here for LA. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Props to you and your team!!!!!! I agree totally with 1-5, and I'm not being sarcastic or shooting BS as poor RC states. Your girls played one heck of a game. I think all GC fans have acknowledged that multiple times on here with respect. Our complaint from the beginning was that West Tn never gets credit from east of the TN River- mostly bashing or totally ignored as a potential threat, and then every other LA post on here seemed to mention how LA wasn't supposed to be here and what a tough schedule they played, which I think I can speak for the other GC fans, made us feel like we had been playing at the local YMCA or community centers and that we didn't deserve to be here because Middle TN didn't think we were worthy.

I have never taken anything away from your girls. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE IF THEY DIDN'T DESERVE IT! Did you get that, RC? You only ever seem to want to comment on what you interpret as negative comments about your team. My original post that RC called attention to was talking about this. I was not bashing your team at all, only the very aggressive play without the calls. And once again, RC, if you hadn't been tackling our girls and smacking them down on the floor, you wouldn't have had 20 fouls. In all reality, you should have had about 50 IF they had called them! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> But, like I said, that's b-ball. You have your excuses aplenty my friend. Let's just agree to disagree. How about that? Listen, I'm a red neck river rat over here in West TN. I can argue til the cows come home. I love it! Bring it on!!!!!!!! I'm feeling the luv from you RC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hondac, you should be very proud to be from HOG-EYE country. It actually sounds alot like our GC community. I don't know anything about Overton Co., but we're a very small(population-wise not acutual size of county), rural, farming community. Gibson Co. is a fairly big county with several high schools(Trenton, Humboldt, and Milan are city schools within GC) Gibson Co. High School is the "county" high school that pulls from all the rural communities. The elementary school in my community is K-8 with 120 kids. Very small, but we like it that way. Once again, CONGRATS to both the Lady Pioneers and Hog-Eye! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You sure could have fooled me.

Rocking Chair, from your user name I assume you are an older gentleman . Being from "lower Alpine", did you have the opportunity to play for, or watch, some of those great teams at Alpine High School?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No I didn't get the chance to see any of those teams, but have heard of them. I played against Alpine in my playing days but that was Alpine Elementary. 'Lower Alpine' is where I live, in an area called 'Oak Grove'.

na i'll be at ut knoxville next year but it was on ut's spring break this year so i'd probably still be able to make it to the game

ha hopefully next year i'll be cheerin for a girl's national championship /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was on spring break this week. UT's break is the same as all the other colleges in Tn. Thats why I got to go to the games. The LA boys play Wendsday night and I have a class at 9 on Thursday but i think im still going to try and make the trip down to see them play. Another Championship would be nice for UT. I just hope our LA boys can get it done this week. Again Congrads on yall wining the Title. We welcomed our girls and that pretty silver ball back to HOGEYE Country yesterday and had a great time! Well I have work to do im back at school. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Later man! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rocking Chair, from your user name I assume you are an older gentleman . Being from "lower Alpine", did you have the opportunity to play for, or watch, some of those great teams at Alpine High School?

WRONG! Unless he's fibbing about his DOB on his profile. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hondac, IF only you were the main voice on here for LA. Props to you and your team!!!!!! I agree totally with 1-5, and I'm not being sarcastic or shooting BS as poor RC states. Your girls played one heck of a game. I think all GC fans have acknowledged that multiple times on here with respect.

Now you see this is where I get confused. On one hand we have the comment like from above as well as this one here:

I have never taken anything away from your girls. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE IF THEY DIDN'T DESERVE IT!

Then we have this:

But, I will have to say that it wasn't close just because of LA, but because GC was beating themselves. Your D didn't shut Butler down so much that she couldn't perform.

Do you not see the contridiction here?

Now you see this is where I get confused. On one hand we have the comment like from above as well as this one here:

Then we have this:

Do you not see the contridiction here?

Kidd ....I'm glad someone else besides me can see this. There for a min I thought he had you fooled. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />